UI Flickering Issue on Nvidia Drivers 430.87, 430.97, 431.36

Today Iā€™ve noticed an entire screen flash in mechagon Iā€™m on 430.64 nvidia drivers and this issue seems to have come up today it never happened yesterday.

2 Likes

Having the same issue in mechagon starting today. I had updated the drivers a few days ago (nvidia), and mechagon was fine the past few days. However today I am getting the weird flickering issue in Mechagon.

rolled back to older driver (3/5/2019) and itā€™s still happening but I guess I will just have to deal with it

Iā€™ve had the same issue in mechagon since today. GTX 970 and pretty old drivers (417.22). I think this maybe somehow connected to Chromieā€™s dailies (with alternate reality), which I saw for the first time today.

omg this happens to me to!!, i thought i had a RAM issue or GPU issue because the world would just randomly flicker and weird

GTX 1660 Ti, latest drivers, seems mostly happening on DX12

yup i noticed the flickering today too (using the 430.86 drivers) and it started happening after i went to mechagon

Hey there friends,

This is something we are looking at and tracking internally, with that said, I want to recap what our wonderful community has been able to find. :slight_smile:

• If you are having a UI Flicker issue and are on the updated drivers 430.87 or 430.97, then try downloading the Nvidia provided hotfix.

• If not on the most up to date drivers, please update then try the above steps.

After this, if still a problem, try changing to another Direct X api. Some have reported only Direct x 11 has problems, Direct X 12 and 11 Legacy are fine.

Last, if nothing here helps and the problem persist, please get back to us with a DxDiag. This can help us delve in to the computer and try and find more solutions for you. :smile:

DxDiag instructions (click to expand)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and then press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file something you can remember and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight all of the text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can break it up into two posts, or post it on Pastebin and provide the numbers/letters after the .com in your reply.

Hope to have more news soon friends! Keep us updated here and we will do what we can.

/Nathardrick

1 Like

Very limited testing thus far, but the Nvidia hotfix (431.18) appears to have fixed it for me. GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.

Going to dx 11 legacy fixed it for me. I am running on a older system, but I have multi-threading so this is strange. This issue was happening across multiple drivers until I changed this setting.

I fear this issue goes beyond a driver issue. Wow screwed something up here. This is the only game I am having this issue with, tested and verified.

After a bit more testing, Iā€™m not quite sold if the Nvidia hotfix completely fixed the issue for me.

I played for an hour or so earlier today with no issues. Now I just logged back on, and my monitor went black like it lost signal and came back on.

Back to report that the Nvidia hotfix did not solve the issue for me. I tried with DirectX 12, Direct X 11, and Direct X 11 Legacy. The flickering issue persisted through all three settings.

Dxdiag, as requested, is posted on pastebin: eN88XGRB

2 Likes

Glad Iā€™m not the only one, I started worrying that there might be something wrong with my gpu. Been having the same flickering issue for a couple of weeks on the RTX 2080 Ti using the latest nvidia drivers.

The flickering was really bad this morning. 970 with latest driver.

I first noticed the flickering whenever I took the bat from the great seal to the port. Iā€™d see it out along the horizon. Then it started with parts of the UI. I read that disabling fullscreen optimizations would help, but it did not. 430.86

Did you try the hotfix drivers? These should be 431.18 which is a newer version than 430.86 and contains a hotfix for this issue and others.

1 Like

I checked to see if there was an updated driver. I didnā€™t see a newer one than 430.86. Maybe my card being as old as it is has something to do with it? I searched for beta drivers and they were even older than the one I have.

Edit: But I now see the link that Nathardrick provided, and I will give that driver a try when I get home from work.

Iā€™ve tried the hotfix drivers, and they havenā€™t fixed the issue for me, unfortunately. Iā€™ve also used DDU to do a clean uninstallation of my graphic drivers and rolled back to version 430.64, but that also hasnā€™t solved the issue for me though.

I do have a ticket open and am working with the reps to try to pin the problem down though.

Hey there friends,

It looks like the volume of reports on this has dropped, this tells me it may be best to address these on a case by case bases.

If nothing here helps, I think at this point it would be best to open a tech support ticket with an msinfo.

We want to help out here and a hands on approach may be best for some of the more stubborn screen flicker issues. :slight_smile:

/Nathardrick

1 Like

Flickering still occurs with 431.18. There is no mention of WoW related fixes in the hot fix release notes. Also experiencing occasional ERROR 132 errors and an Nvidia driver-related blue screens playing WoW.

Reverted to 430.64 and that seemed to improve stability but thereā€™s still subtle flickering - especially in the new zones. Using DX12.

2 Likes

Unlike the others, 431.18 seems to have stopped the strange horizon glitches. I havenā€™t seen any UI flickering yet, but that was random. Cautiously optimistic. Maybe I should just not use MSAA. Thatā€™s what the hotfix notes say the issue is.

1 Like

I spoke too soon. The glitching on the horizon is there again this morning. Havenā€™t noticed flickering in the UI yet. I recorded a video with my phone, just so you can see how it appears to my eyes and eliminate the possibility that screen capture doesnā€™t catch it. Thatā€™s with MSAA AND CMAA.

And here is the UI flicker.

2 Likes

Reporting back with what, so far, appears to be the fix for me. Somewhat limited testing so far, but this looks to be promising.

While in WoW, hit ESC to open up the menu, click on the System button, then click Advanced. The bottom setting, for me, is Graphics Card. It was defaulted to Auto. I set it to my GeForce 2080 Ti.

I have the onboard Intel UHD 630 graphics card force-enabled in BIOS (not by choice), because I do video editing on this computer as well. When encoding H.265 video, the only way to get hardware acceleration in Premiere Pro is by having the Intel graphics enabled, so I do. So far in my testing, thatā€™s stopped the flickering completely.

1 Like