UI Flickering Issue on Nvidia Drivers 430.87, 430.97, 431.36

Its a known problem with the latest nvidia driver update. The solution is to roll back to a previous driver. There is post with a similar topic that has a reply by a GM. In it he or she takes you through what needs doing.

1 Like

i think using dx11 fixes this too

You can use dx 11 but you lose the increased framerate that comes with dx 12. With the roll back on driver you get to keep dx 12.

Oh thank you. I am so relieved. I thought my 2070 was taking a crap on me. I noticed just with WoW and GTA V that the 430.86 has caused issues but was not sure if it was just me and this confirms that it is not just my card. Glad to know rolling back works. First time I have ever had a driver issue with nvidia but not knowing if it was drivers or my card going out was stressing me out.

2 Likes

@CS Hopefully this issue has been forwarded to people who can fix it? Like Nvidia or Blizz tech people? And hopefully before 8.2, really dont wanna go exploring new zones with ugly flickering textures and ui. I read similar threads on EU forums about this driver issue. But like i said i cant go back to older drivers coz this recent one has a specific fix for me regarding a much worse issue. Thanks!

Changing down 2 major drivers didn’t work but switching to DX11 Did work on all drivers.

Same problem here, switching to DX11 solve the flickering problem but has less fps 20 - 30 avg, also another thing that i notice, if i use the nvidia experience for the screenshots because it has better resolution than the wow screenshot with the DX12 if i take a screenshot with nvidia experience, the picture turns with blue colors almost like a inverted colors, but with the DX11 the screenshot comes with the normal colors, If someone can prove this to pls.

Also getting an old driver improves the DX11 but the DX12 does nothing, with this new driver (430.86) DX12 has more fps and more stable but has the flickering thing in my case some things of the interface ands some random blacks squares or flickering in the water zones. cant post links for screenshots :frowning:

This is a known bug with DX12 when taking screenshots and Nvidia engineers are working to get it resolved. In the meantime if you need to take screenshots use DX11.

1 Like

Getting the same black square flickers after installing latest drivers. Really noticeable when the map is open.

I just came back to WoW and noticed the same issue. I can confirm that I was having the same flickering problems on my GTX 1080 with DX12 enabled. Reverting to 430.53 seems to have worked. I’m still testing it.

I’m having the issue in the video here with the new windows 10 feature update. Tried to comment but can’t since I’m NA.

2 Likes

Yes same as everyone on this thread, its the latest 2 drivers. Its not a monitor issue, its not an windows update issue, its the last 2 drivers. Im still on the old version of windows and its also happening to me, its really getting annoying.

The thing is that these older drivers do not perform as well as the newer ones so issues all around

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the screen flicker also, just want to post to bump and hope others don’t panic like I nearly did. Had to RMA my 2070 already once this year, was very relieved to see that this is a software issue this time around. Hope someone steps up and fixes this…

2 Likes

I’m also getting random flickering when elements update or appear in view. Simple black fuzzy flickering for a bit. It’s gotten worse since updating to the latest driver, but was already a problem running SLI/Nvlink with two 2080 Ti’s.

Downgrading to DX11 does prevent some of the flickering, but not all for SLI/Nvlink. It sucks having to do this as well :confused:

Hey, Kneecrow! Does this happen if the SLI is disabled and on Dx11 by chance? Otherwise, does rolling back the drivers seem to help?

World of WarCraft doesn’t support SLI/NvLink or Crossfire. This issue sounds a little bit different with SLI playing a factor, but I’d like to check first :slight_smile: Thanks for your report!

praying for a fix soon dx11 hurts my frames but its the only fix that works for me :frowning:

RTX 2070

DX12 I get flickering (Black boxes on the world map)

DX11 seems to have reduced (or completely removed) the issue.

Hey Caterpepi, yes it does still happen with SLI disabled. DX11 did solve most of the issues to make it playable though. Would definitely like to go back to DX12 though :slight_smile:

431.18 fixed the flickering for me on a GTX 1070. :slight_smile:

3 Likes