Flashing Graphical Issue started with 8.2

https //clips twitch tv/HumbleVastPeppermintAllenHuhu

I don’t stream, but I streamed just a few minutes to show my friend and clipped so you can more easily see the issue.

My friend told me to check temps and HWMonitor showed nothing out of the ordinary, then he suggested change Direct X versions under advanced, so I switched from 11 to 12 and it seeeeems to be fixed so far!

Is there anything else I should be worried about if this does indeed not show up again? Also posting for others that might have same issue

windows 7
i5 4670k
1080ti

1 Like

Howdy!

If you switched APIs from 11 to 12 to fix the issue I would not be concerned with this. As long as the issue is fully resolved with Directx12 API. We have a few known graphical glitches still under review for patch 8.2.

Thank you.

One issue I have with this fix is when I close out of WoW, my desktop flashes and stutters for a few seconds. Is there any way to go around this?

I’m getting nearly the same flickering as in OP’s twitch stream. Sometimes it’s subtle, other times it’s jarring, but it’s consistent, flickering every couple of seconds. About 40% of my screen, mostly near the top, will flicker and sections textures will briefly disappear, it’s like seeing the terrain and environment through the walls in capital cities.

I am running Windows 7 and had been using DirectX 11 previously; I just switched it to DirectX 11 Legacy and it seems to have been resolved (Haven’t played long enough to confirm but from the few minutes I’ve been running it, so far no flickering). I don’t anticipate we’re to run DirectX 11 Legacy forever, should us Windows 7 users switch back to DX11 non-legacy when the WoW team rolls out a fix?

Marrieta,

Windows 7 users must use either DirectX 11 Legacy or DirectX 12 if available for best performance. The coding we use for DirectX 11’s new version uses features not included in Windows 7. As a result, I recommend staying on Legacy, unless you have a card that supports DirectX 12 in WoW on Windows 7. If it does, you’ll see the option in the WoW settings.

I am on a high end pc and I still have black flickering when using Directx12. I have done everything.
-Updated drivers
-Reinstalled directx
-Reaseated gpu 3 times
-Used different pcie cables
-Reinstalled the game 13 times
-Reset my settings via console commands
-All of my temperatures are around 40 decrees celsius under full load

I also tested it on a different game to isolate the issue and it is confirmed it is World of Warcraft being the issue.

this is already reported and happening to alot of people using the latest nvidia drivers.

Currently experiencing the same issue, it goes away entirely if I turn ‘liquid detail’ from ‘ultra’ to anything lower.

Windows 7/dx11 non-legacy.

Can’t use DX12 on this computer because it always causes it to lock up for multiple minutes at a time if anything else tries to use too much of the GPU at the same time, card is gtx1080.

Will try switching to dx11 legacy.