UI Bugs with M1 MacBook Pro?

Joining the bandwagon.

Biggest issue with mine is the pet journal. Only one pet shows randomly at the top of the list, all other slots blank. Cannot summon them individually, equip for battle, or use any other mechanics. Only way to summon is if I click the random summon from the ones I had previously favorited.

Sent in game ticket. So far, have done the following with no success:

1. Rename Cache folders
  2. Scan and repair
  3. Attempted /console cvar_default

Also experiencing the flickering, which although somewhat annoying, I don’t find nearly as frustrating as an entire pet journal not working…

Just got new MacBook Pro 13” last week. Running on this. No other issues noted…yet.

1 Like

I’m experiencing these exact same problems on my new MacBook m1

1 Like

Hopefully Blizzard will see this thread and figure out it’s an issue that needs to be addressed for Mac users.

Same here. Game is running great besides these bugs, really impressed by the M1 support from Blizz. Sent in a ticket too so hopefully they will take a look at it after the holiday

OP here on an alt. Still no fixes, but I am running the game max graphics 60fps so hard to complain. Noting some other issues to see if anyone else has had them.

1. When in Revendreth doing a world quest I randomly kept freezing, don’t know if it was due to the M1 or just overall?
  2. My add-ons seem to be kind of messed up. I use Shadowed Unit Frames, Details!, and DBM. DBM is the only one that hasn’t glitched on me. ShadowedUF shows me my previous target as my current target in the unit frame, so not game-breaking but slightly annoying. Details though, will show me random DPS specs, not show damage at all, etc. Very odd.
  3. Dwarven tattoos still seem to be confetti and the pet journal now just shows 1 pet at the top and when I try to summon it’s greyed out.

We’ve identified an issue specific to the arm64 client that was causing some UI bugs. We’ll work to get a fix hotfixed out soon. Thanks for all the reports!

13 Likes

Thank you! You guys are the best!

Awesome! Is that only in-game Ui bugs or would this address screen flickering as well?

Awesome! Any ETA on the hot fix? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! You guys are the best. Is there any estimated time for the patch?

3 Likes

Has this been fixed yet? I’m having some odd issues on my MacBook Pro (2019 15") and I’m not sure if it’s this issue or a new one. I’ve had terrible FPS since the expansion launch (used to get between 30-60, now down to 11-15, sometimes 20 at best) fps.

And just starting today I’m having an issue where the game will suddenly freeze and the UI will look…odd. Half of it disappears, some looks pixelated, etc. I also notice weird graphical bugs in the battle.net client after I click the Play button. I’ll try to screen cap these issues next time they happen.

I am also having this issue where if I let my computer sit for a bit, long enough for the screen to turn off, when I come back, sometimes WoW is completely frozen. When I tab out suddenly its fine, stuff moves normally when it’s not the active window, but when I go back to WoW, it’s frozen again, and I have to do a force quit to close it as I can’t even bring up the menu.

Just wanted to know if this is due to the issue that’s already known, or something else entirely.

Another bug identified:

If I try to drag “Summon Random Favorite Mount” to my action bar, it only gives me the first mount I have in my journal and doesn’t allow me to actually set that button.

I can still summon a random favorite from the journal, but unable to bring down the button, which is annoying.

I am still having this Pet Journal bug and it’s driving me crazy, but i did find a workaround for this specific issue: make a macro with this command (you can change the tooltip icon)

#showtooltip Invincible
/run if SecureCmdOptionParse"[nomod]"then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(0)end

and that will do a workaround to summon your fave’d mounts

Still having the pet journal bug sadly. So not with today’s maintenance.

Still going through the same issues listed by OP
Btw is details (the damage meters add on) not working properly for other as well?

2 Likes

Details is also broken for me, as well as ShadowedUF. It’s a lot of bugs rn.

Is there an estimated time of completion for the hot fix? My main character since 2008 is a healer and I can not do my job, if I can see no group members in dungeons, battle grounds or raids.

2 Likes

It will be rolled into whatever the next bug fix patch is. Which I am sure they will not disclose until it happens.

1 Like

That would be a patch, not a hotfix.

Technically a hot fix is just a type of patch. At least in the development teams I have worked in.

3 Likes