UI Bugs with M1 MacBook Pro?

Hi there! I am currently running scan/repair on my WoW client due to this but I have some issues and wondering if anyone has a fix/knows why it is happening? I’m running WoW at a smooth 60fps on setting 10 but there’s some UI bugs that are confusing me.

1. Battle Pet tab will show limited pets, and ### or XXXX depending on area instead of the pet stats.
  2. Sometimes my screen will flicker dark/light? I turned off auto-adjust for brightness and retina color correction, so I’m unsure why this is happening.
  3. In a raid group only one person displays on the small party area on the lefthand side of the screen.

To note, I haven’t installed any add-ons yet. I have only launched the game twice while it was installing, hence why I’m repairing the install just to double check. Any insight or help would be awesome. Thank you!

3 Likes

Having the same problem with my M1 air. Repairing did not fix.

Same here. I am curious why this is happening? It’s quite a random bug.

Sent in a ticket about the pet journal today. I’ll keep you posted. Is there a patch tomorrow when the expansion releases? They might fix the bug. Shadowlands release is at 3 PM PST

Edit: standard time not daylight Time

1 Like

Yeppers! Hopefully that fixes it. Good luck, I’ll check when I wake up :slight_smile:

According to general discussion the patches already been applied but they have to flip a switch. Also maintenance on Tuesday. I’ll let you know when I get my ticket as well.

Edit: I know the bug is really bothering me too.
Edit 2: checked the support website, it was down.

1 Like

Another update, some dwarves tattoos also bug with confetti colors on top of the red color.

Let me check support site again.
Edit: nope still down. But you should file a ticket when it’s up. More concrete answer potential.

We have a thread going on the flickering issue: [M1] Display flicker issue on M1 Macs (internal and external displays)

For me, the entire screen flickers which you can test by putting the game into windowed mode.

there are also some ui display issues that are happening. I spoke to support but my ticket won’t display. she suggested refreshing ui (which I have done to no avail) or reinstalling the “combo update” (?) I don’t wanna break my brand new computer and potentially have to sit through installs again. the Agent told me there were “no bugs” in the native client. yeah, ok.

Just adding a couple more bugs to the list; Elvui is missing the Loot Specialization, durability, gold, etc datatexts. I hopped on their Discord looking for a fix, they said there’s a bug in the ARM launcher that they cannot debug, so waiting on Blizz. I also get spammed by every spell I’m range of by the Mik’s Scrolling Battle Text, not just personal buffs/debuffs, etc.

I put in a bug report with ElvUI about the Datatext. The temp fix I found was to make another datatext bar and put things in it you want. The only bar that seems to have load issues is the left side one. The right side and custom bars work fine. Additionally the gold datatext module is throwing LUA errors.

The Mik’s Scrolling Battle Text seems to be a similar issue with Details and Skada. Both report all damage, healing, info under my name. Recount seems to be working fine for some reason. So I have no clue if this is a WoW bug or addon bug. I put in a bug issue on Details GitHub.

Joining the bandwagon.

Biggest issue with mine is the pet journal. Only one pet shows randomly at the top of the list, all other slots blank. Cannot summon them individually, equip for battle, or use any other mechanics. Only way to summon is if I click the random summon from the ones I had previously favorited.

Sent in game ticket. So far, have done the following with no success:

1. Rename Cache folders
  2. Scan and repair
  3. Attempted /console cvar_default

Also experiencing the flickering, which although somewhat annoying, I don’t find nearly as frustrating as an entire pet journal not working…

Just got new MacBook Pro 13” last week. Running on this. No other issues noted…yet.

1 Like

I’m experiencing these exact same problems on my new MacBook m1

1 Like

Hopefully Blizzard will see this thread and figure out it’s an issue that needs to be addressed for Mac users.

Same here. Game is running great besides these bugs, really impressed by the M1 support from Blizz. Sent in a ticket too so hopefully they will take a look at it after the holiday

OP here on an alt. Still no fixes, but I am running the game max graphics 60fps so hard to complain. Noting some other issues to see if anyone else has had them.

1. When in Revendreth doing a world quest I randomly kept freezing, don’t know if it was due to the M1 or just overall?
  2. My add-ons seem to be kind of messed up. I use Shadowed Unit Frames, Details!, and DBM. DBM is the only one that hasn’t glitched on me. ShadowedUF shows me my previous target as my current target in the unit frame, so not game-breaking but slightly annoying. Details though, will show me random DPS specs, not show damage at all, etc. Very odd.
  3. Dwarven tattoos still seem to be confetti and the pet journal now just shows 1 pet at the top and when I try to summon it’s greyed out.

We’ve identified an issue specific to the arm64 client that was causing some UI bugs. We’ll work to get a fix hotfixed out soon. Thanks for all the reports!

13 Likes

Thank you! You guys are the best!

Awesome! Is that only in-game Ui bugs or would this address screen flickering as well?