Ugh... the graphics again

If a lot of guys only knew how many women don’t or rarely shave *gasp!!!
And what else goes on in reality, away from cosmetics TV ads

Idk if they even look outdated if you max the settings, the additional shadows and light that reflects off character models and landscape looks pretty astounding.

2 Likes

Wait a minute, you’re telling me that World of Warcraft: Classic will have the same models as classic WoW?

/shocked

2 Likes

And it still is better optimized than Retail. :slight_smile:

I may end up switching between the Classic and ultra settings depending on my mood.

1 Like

I didn’t play WoW for the graphics then and I don’t intend on playing classic WoW for the graphics now.

I’m not sure why some people are so hung up about graphics… The Mass Effect trilogy is hands down my most favorite story driven games, but the graphics to today’s standards are pretty bad as well, yet I still play it every now and then.

1 Like

Pfft, what, next you’ll tell me girls pass gas too?

Some folks really love high-density, epic, pixel butts and pectorals. Else they’d have to use Google to look up naughty pics. :hushed:

Shhhhhh, that needs to stay secret though

That was only a problem because there was a larger set of animations for the new models. When they added in a new animation for the new models that the old models didn’t have, instead of doing it right and remaking the animation for the old model, they just tried to stretch the new animation from the new model onto the old model. That didn’t quite work right.

This would not be an issue with a graphics toggle in Classic since ALL of the new models already have properly optimized versions of ALL of the animations of the old models.

The original classic models have TONS of clipping issues that were never resolved. You’ll see them as you play Classic.

Clipping issues are not a new thing caused by adding old art to new models.

2 Likes

I appreciate a good all-natural woman.

j/s

The back of my head didn’t go through the old Imperial Plate helmet on the old model. It did on the new one.

Before that was fixed.

Models were updated in WoD, more than eight years after TBC launched. Not really part of that whole, “faithful recreation of the original World of Warcraft” vibe…

well if they make a cliassic+, retail models could be added to that by default, since it wouldn’t be specifically for the vanilla audience.

and someone mentioned swg have weird animations. they got pretty good towards the end.

After that, can they add a “Classic++” with mounts from other expansions?

And a “Classic+++” with new races?

And a “Classic++++” with LFR/LFG?

And a “Classic+++++” with transmog?

And a “Classic++++++” with flying?

/s

Okay but like, not every single person that is going to be playing is a vanilla veteran. We want it to attract others so it becomes as great as we always knew it was. (I’m hoping it will be bigger than retail) Toggle on/off can do this for those who wish to see updated graphics with the love that is Classic. It changes NOTHING for those who keep the updated graphics off.

2 Likes

Probably not since Ion said it’s out of the question.

But you have to realize, the game doesn’t cater to what players want. It literally is a project of recreating the game as close to possible with only minor technical improvements as necessary.

Also, YES the graphics does already have some affects on the gameplay as using Ultra settings makes it HARDER for you to see opposing members in things like high brush/weeds/thick water that are much thinner in Classic settings.

Let’s not make it even more complicated where you use updated graphics and those big bulky Orc shoulders of yours peak around corners and they can see you, but you think that cannot. Sounds like another recipe for annoying graphical inconsistencies.

i’d not be adverse to a tbc+ in the spirit of its predecessor. :sparkles:

i have to admit, the retail orcs and dwarf beards, look great. just not a fan of the …how do i put this…
had this conversation a few times already. the new models look like they are based off an ideal, where eyes are x-millimeters apart, nose is always x-millimeters above mouth and so on. and thats just not reality.

have you ever noticed the human male with a hair lip in vanilla graphics? what about the female human with a wide nose bridge and eyes set far apart? etc. these old models are taken from real people. whereas the new ones are based on an ideal composite.

2 Likes

I do want new models. Give it as an option. Its not even hard.

2 Likes