Ugh... the graphics again

And here we go again.
Finally thine arriveth! Thee knighteth in a shineningth defenses. Couldst thee show me the link to this precious enformation, I beg thee!

Wrong it still existed in legion. I watched Esfand play his ret while wearing vanilla mog and using the older human model. The option existed in system->advanced->“Show New Character Models” check box. Now since I traditionally only play humans and never cared to model change my dwarf, nelf or draenei the toggle option could have been hidden on races that said old model option no longer existed. But for sure it worked for humans even in 2018.

Now for bfa no one has the option anymore.

The old skeletons were removed in Legion and the old models were rigged onto the new skeleton. That’s when the character animations (jumping, running; etc.) were applied to the SD models.

IF they’d remaster the old models.
Fine.

The new models that look like taken right out of a Walt Disney movie?
BfA can keep them.

I don’t know what to tell you. You seems kind of guy who knows his stuff, what floats your goat and you are strict on that. But you are the only person I found in this forum who is like… YOU.
And since we can’t agree on this cause we both “wrong” here, I assume we need to choose my evil at expanse of your evil since it comes well with logic and desires of other people like me (Which aren’t rare if you check this thread and similar other threads which weren’t started by me). Your desire is something out of social norms. I hope you do realise it. But I’m okay if you don’t. I’m not pushing anything to anyone.
I think I gave you perfect (or at least okayish) examples why your desire is wrong"er"(?) than mine.

This Disney insult has got to be the lamest jab at the new models.

Disney characters:

Old model:

New model:

Warcraft has always had this style of art with exaggerated features:

The graphics have just got a lot better, the style remains and I’d say has become more realistic and less “Disney” overall.

1 Like

take a look at the undead models with their brick faces and ugly walk animation and their ugly cast animations.

Or at Tauren.
Or at Nightelfes.
Or at Orcs.

Classic needs a real remaster if they want to update graphics. My opinion.

Dude. This is all subjective. But even so if you don’t toggle this option you will never see those “ugly” undeads which you hate. Is that hard to understand?

Believe me… I’ve raised children, and I’ve seen tantrums of all sorts. If you didn’t like what was served for dinner… you went to bed without any.

Don’t like what Blizzard releases? Don’t play it.

3 Likes

Your interpretation on the “classic” WoW experience is pretty much everything (graphics and game-play). That just isn’t the only interpretation.

I believe (and other players) its about pure game-play elements that we don’t have anymore.

Graphics are an issue for you? Are you against the re-release of Spyro the dragon? Or Crush Banidoot? (if you played them?)

Are you against games being re-made like FF7? Is that not authentic to you? We want the same game-play but with improved graphics which has already happened. They can easily make this toggle able, its not a big deal.

EDIT: probably not a good idea to mention ff7 as the game-play is being changed lol but hopefully you understand my point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not only us folks who are rigid on “Classic should be Classic”, but it’s Blizzard’s official stance on it as well. See “Restoring History: Creating WoW Classic Panel Recap” article from Blizzard on the official WoW Website.

It’s not the only one, but it is the correct one for an authentic Classic experience, which is Blizzard’s stated goal. Therefore, your interpretation is objectively wrong.

I like your evidence provided, however I disagree that my interpretation is wrong. They have changed the graphics. We can agree to this and it looks better. Adding in models would improve further.

Either way I’m still coming back 100%, but (not yourself) to just think that classic is only interpreted as one specific thing is flat out silly. I think we can agree that gameplay/community aspects must be kept (which so far that’s true). I can understand people wanting graphics to stay the same, but I think people need to see both sides and understand that its perfectly fine to just change visually, especially if it doesn’t impact those that don’t.

Hard to understand why this random person is banging his head against a rock wanting support or opinions for this irrelevant request for CLASSIC version of the game.(They already modified the graphics btw…Don’t be so greedy) If blizzard starts doing all these changes from what the carebear portion of the community wants then they’re better off not doing Vanilla wow at all if they carelessly update the game. However if Blizzard wants to make a modified version of vanilla where they add additional updates like graphics,tansmog,catch up mechanics then sure… Just don’t add that toxic stuff to Classic which is going back to the roots of being a Vanilla community.

1 Like

I want a toggle on the forums to toggle-off new model request threads.

4 Likes

I want a toggle on the forums so I can toggle off trollish requests.

No Changes.

3 Likes

like minds . . . .

1 Like

In another thread I described that there are 3 groups of people in WoW

• Group 1 - Players who enjoy retail, overall, and prefer it to other options
  • Group 2 - Players who enjoy an authentic rigidly classic experience (to the extent it’s feasible), overall, and prefer it to other options
  • Group 3 - Players who enjoy the idea of classic, but would prefer a “Spirit of Classic” experience versus a rigidly classic experience

For EverQuest, they actually have solutions for all 3 groups.

Group 1 (Retail) - Live/Retail EverQuest
Group 2 (Classic) - Project 1999
Group 3 (Theme Park) - Time Locked Progression Servers

These “TLP” servers are precisely what you are attempting to describe. A time locked theme park experience through classic EverQuest that goes through the expansions every ~90 days, with some (not all) modern gameplay and graphics added.

It has modern graphics, XP boosts, no corpse runs, and some other QOL improvements. People who play here like the nostalgia of running through the old content, but don’t want the genuine classic experience. Once it runs through their personal favorite expansion, they tend to quit and return to whatever else they were doing (Retail EQ, another game, etc).

Every year, they release a new TLP server and droves of people get on the theme park ride again for another few months.

THAT, is precisely what I feel you would love. I would be totally cool with Blizzard creating something like that as a different product. But Classic WoW as stated by Blizzard, is not that. This is why many of us are such staunch defenders of classic, as we don’t want the equivalent of a theme park ride for with “improvements” and “fixes”. We want rigidly 1-for-1 identical in all ways (to the extent feasible) because we want that precise experience.

WoWs graphics have sucked since day1 and at no point have ever been good.

1 Like

hehe. i thought the prevailing thought was looks dont matter!

are you pixel shaming wow?

freaking pigs.

Really enjoyed reading your post. I didn’t even know that about EverQuest, I understand your point completely. Well said. Very good info.

Either way, I’m going to play, regardless of models. I just wish we could get new models, but it won’t stop me from playing it. What would have put me off would be the QoL features we all see now, and that shrinking of the world/end to the community (amongst so many other things).

I really haven’t found any other game since Vanilla to invest so much time into and to just enjoy the journey ahead :slight_smile: