Ugh... the graphics again

With every post the OP makes on this topic, more people put up a wall and oppose what he wants. His begging for a nonsense change that it outside the Classic promise and concept just sets more people up against him.

Classic is beautiful as it is. Play it. Enjoy it. Or not. Take it or leave it - no changes are necessary.

5 Likes

There is also the fact that model and animation toggles have never worked correctly.
You are asking for something that doesn’t work right, has known issues and something that blizzard has never been able to resolve.
The closest they came to getting it correct was in WoD and even then there were quite a few clipping issues with the old models.

Even my own personal troll (he will be along shortly) begrudgingly accepts this.

It is also an issue that blizzard could more than likely fix if they elected to spend the development money on it. Which is unlikely because they are a relatively small team with a (compared to modern wow) a small budget.

Didn’t you also make the statement akin to you cant tell the difference by the silhouettes and graphics dont affect gameplay? If so then what seems to be the issue? If they have no impact then why should you care.

Kudos to the OP for arguing this moot topic for as long as he has.

It worked. It can work and it will. I don’t refuse to find them. I asked people, I read few articles but there is no informations for exact reason why they did turn toggle off. Some people assuming that it was cause of blizzard gathered data about players not being interested much to use old models in retail so they got rid of it when it came to developing new animations for legion. Some saying that it was cause it breaks something, yet they don’t’ know what and where they got this information.

But there is no “official” link to anywhere where blizzards stated that “we did this cause”. it’s just an assumptions and gossips.
Also just for the comparison: people in this thread is just quitting wow cause they lost their old models.

And you are talking about me being too obsessive with visuals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/808bbv/despite_blizzard_introducing_the_toggle_for_old/
Here is one thread on reddit which is also filled with “I heard” But it kind of arguably checks out.

Could you get me some links then? you saying it didn’t work. People in other thread and this said that it worked fine. I even checked when it was in game that it worked, I just didn’t want to play with old models but I checked this toggle just for the lulz and it was working.
And here you are telling that you have official information and facts. SO please enlighten me. I said already if this toggle is breaking anything or cannot be implemented for technical reasons, if blizzards will just say so. I will stop asking them. But I need a fact checks first. “muh nostalgia”, “you will ruin everything” and #nochange aren’t arguments, those are subjective absurd or assumptions.

2 Likes

The old character assets on the newer models option existed in legion. The bfa pre-patch is when it was removed. I know because I watched esfand a few times during 2018 while he used the older assets while wearing ashkandi or MoM (actually demise), onslaught girdle always, and then either mostly t2.5 and other pieces which were bis for ret in naxx or other pieces which were bis around BWL.

Most of us don’t care whether or not Blizzard could make a toggle work. There was no toggle in Vanilla. There is no toggle in Classic. The game plays fine. The game looks fine. Most of us oppose asking Blizzard to make any unnecessary changes to the beautiful game we love.

If you don’t like the way something looks, that is just your problem. In the long run, and even in the short run, you will feel much better if you just learn to accept what you cannot change. Quit whining.

This guy lives and breathes arguing over toggling graphics, it’s all he does during the day. I wouldn’t waste my time going back and forth tbh unless you’re bored. Goodluck though lol.

Yet you are here. Pressing those buttons, wasting your time reading this thread and answering it. Making yourself “smorter” than anyone who actually trying to explain where I’m wrong.

The logic™

Good day sir.

1 Like

It can work, absolutely. But it shouldn’t be implemented, not even as a toggle. Not even if it causes 0 gameplay or functional difference. It’s not classic.

You can use your flawed “but it doesn’t hurt anyone” logic to argue in many other non-classic changes being kept, “just as a toggle”.

“Just add transmog that’s client-side only. Only I will see the transmog, it won’t affect anyone else.”

“Keep the multiple types of polymorph visuals from retail, but just make it client side only. A toggle. Nobody else will be affected and they’ll always see a regular sheep if they don’t enable it.”

I’m sure you will retort “But, that’s different!”. No, it’s really not. It’s not classic, it shouldn’t be in the game, even as a toggle. Authentic classic only, except where prohibited by technical hurdles.

3 Likes

Sounds like you “can’t stand” Classic then. Maybe “sit” this one out.

2 Likes

If you can’t get immersed into the game play because everything else is distracting, then there’s a problem.

I have no real qualms about the graphics myself, but I understand people who would.

I agree with you But,
old Undead models and animations are still the Best in the game.
i quit retail just the very day I couldnt use old undead model and animations.

3 Likes

Google is your friend. Find your own links.

How about address the point made many posts ago that a toggle was tried and failed.

They removed it for reasons not entirely known but related to weird interactions between some element of mixing and matching models, textures, skeletons, and animations. This created nightmare effects occasionally that have been shown here and in other threads.

So they stopped trying. On the main game. That makes tons of money. Do you think a much smaller dev team, unlikely to have someone dedicated to models since they don’t plan on changing them, should spend time and effort on this? Or maybe spend it on something more important, like continuing to audit all the game mechanics so they match what we had back in Vanilla?

This isn’t a good argument. There also wasn’t real shadows in vanilla, or advanced water shaders, or options to up grass density (that the average person could get to). However, we’re getting all these things in Classic.

2 Likes

Ofc I will, cause you don’t understand how it works.
Transmog is something you collect. Even for yourself only. And by making people want to collect something they will not wear, you are “forcing” them to “need” stuff only cause they need it for personal transmog, thus leaving other people lootless.

Multiple type of polymorph also might be a different thing might be not. I can’t think of any valuable downside of a situation when you see a pig and someone see a cat. But it might make things difficult, since differentiation comes to models’ shapes, it’s not like you will say “hey controll the orc” and people will not understand you if they use different type of model view. Where if you polymorph someone into pig and it will be bigger than a cat, you will see it clearer but your partner in PvP will not cause they see a cat or a penguin or something completely different by shape which IS balancing issue (not really though cause it doesn’t impact much, but if you want to cherry pick here you go I picked for you).

And since people should understand that those things impacting balance (loot ninjaying, PvP or maybe even other stuff which I can’t manage to come up with from the go) they shouldn’t ask for it and Iwill not ask for it, cause I understand why, though I would also want transmog to be a thing.
New models aren’t the same as these points. They do nothing balance wise. You still orc/human/troll with ot without toggle. You still has same colliders/hit boxes, still the same running speed and casting range. Nothing is different except that you see old models and I see new models.

Sounds like you didn’t understand a meaning of my post then. Maybe “Stop” answering me with assumptions?

So? Then don’t use toggle. And all undeads will be old modeled for you. I will see new models cause I like them, you will see old ones. Win-win. No?

I already found a lot of info and this infor is around"official" but never the exact blizzards state on the technical issues. You are like: “I DEFINITELY KNOW THAT YOU ARE WRONG, BUT YOU SHOULD FIND YOURSELF WHY!”. No. If you trying to prove me wrong. You should be one giving me information and educating me.

How about address the points of other people with another information that I linked above? Where they saying that Blizzards removed toggle cause:

• They didn’t want to support two different type of models by developing new animations for new class/abilities/races (demon hunters, allied races, new class moves, like eviscerate of a rogue)
  • they said that they will remove toggle eventually far from the actual point of removing this toggle
  • they removed this toggle cause they gathered data about people not using it as much, so supporting it would be irrational for retail.
    I can’t prove or disprove these parts of informations as you can’t do yours. But still yet they exist.

Yes I do. Cause I care. I’m playing this game since vanilla, I want vanilla, but I’m (and other people like me) want what we want, for US only. When you want what you want for everyone. You sounds like a tyrant-dictator who dictates to other what they should do and what not. When I simply asking for my own private toggle and want you to preserve your old graphics without changes.

1 Like

Again, what part of Blizzard saying “We are bringing back the Classic WoW experience exactly how it was back then” do you not comprehend?

Besides that major point; the BFA animations and models are ugly af.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is false promise and here is why:

• New water. People who love old water have toggle for old water. Others have toggle for new water.
  • Shadows, lighting and occlusion rendering. People who love old environment lighting have their toggle to enjoy old light and shadows.
  • Cluttering of environment props and physics. People who doesn’t like it have their toggle to turn all as it was in vanilla. Other can enjoy fully blown environment and grass animation.
  • Color blind mode. People who suffer from color blindness now can enjoy this game more than they were experienced it earlier. Why don’t you go and tell them that they should experience it as they were long time ago when there wasn’t such thing?
  • New GUI. People even don’t have a toggle for that. You just will play with new GUI period.
  • and you:
    Listen. There are plenty of things that you will use that you weren’t using before in vanilla. A lot of addons, changed UI, auction addons, questing addons, some quarts, item compare addons, gatherer addons, easy delete addon, comb bar addon, npc scan addons, one bag addons, etc, etc, etc. YOU WILL be using all of the QoL that this game doesn’t have and never will. And yet you saying that everyone should experience this game as it was before? Why won’t you buy garbage PC and make your internet worse?
    Downgrade you graphic card so in raids all VFX would stutter your screen as it was before on low res PC machines?
    Yet here you are with your: “gibe all what I think is what is best for everyone, cause I said so, but I will use what I like, cause I don’t like inconveniences”.
    You sound VERY hypocritical.

And don’t even try to lie about you being perfect little boy/girl and that you will not use any updated addons, databases whatsoever. Don’t tell me that such addons were in vanilla — half of them was updated dramatically and half of them wasn’t even existing.

Blizzards can’t make you a perfect vanilla game. They never will, they give us the close call to it. And I’m happy to play it. But I’m not happy about downgraded visuals. And I (me, personally) want for myself (and only myself, not touching your personal experience in any way) this little toggle which was working fine before, and I’m sure they can make it work fine now.
If official Blizzard dev, will say “we won’t make this toggle, just cause we really think that it wasn’t a part of vanilla”
This will be enough for me to shut up. I will be angry, I will be furious, cause this is garbage argument, but I will shut up, cause It’s their game, not yours, not mine, theirs.
And if official blizzard dev will say: “well we actually can’t make this toggle, cause old models and new models aren’t compatible for reason#1, reason#2, we are truly sorry” (even without a sorry)
This will be enough for me to shrug it off. Cause I understand what technical issues are. I will not really believe them. But this will be okay for me to let it go. Cause I will understand that they won’t make it cause they think they are restricted and can’t do that, or even just lying which I wouldn’t be able to prove.

1 Like

No they don’t. What spell animations do you think the new models used before the new animations were implemented in Legion?

1 Like

Ya yah yeah. All those changes are coming.

But you know what, no toggles for new model. Not there.

1 Like