Tyrande's Fate [Spoilers]

You asked when, it was 2 years.

Teldrassil keeps being swept under the rug, the Horde’s crimes are being whitewashed, Sylvanas is being called not evil and Teldrassil has already been avenged in 8.1.

They offer me 30 gold.

My personal preference would have been them using that new Azerite plane from the War of Thorns to destroy the NEs Azerite stockpile(because the Alliance was shipping it through there), and the resulting detonation was just far larger than expected.

I hated that. Especially as a pet collector. I had to burn 2 max level character tokens I didn’t want to…

Lol, sorry, but no. The entirety of the Horde is not afraid of the NEs. But they already feel guilty, and don’t want to feel even worse if they have to finish off the NEs because they won’t stop coming after them.

There is a 0% chance that Blizzard killed Illidan offscreen.

3 Likes

I already told you that I’m a worgen fan. There is no hidden Secretly a Horde fan conspiracy here. The Kaldorei lost a tree and Darkshore was blighted, both of which are easily repairable. Was it terrible that innocent lives were lost? Yes it was. But people like you are overblowing it.

Was that even in doubt? Just look at the post history of that player.

I said it already, there is no secret horde bias conspiracy. This whole woo is me, the night elves suffered more than anyone is not getting any of you any sympathy points. It’s a running joke now.

7 Likes

The night elves lost the majority of their civilians through cinematics and story. Most of the Gilneans were rescued.

Notice how horde players are more upset about Teldrassil than Gilneas?

4 Likes

Sure mate sure… not like tyrande is going after sylvanas at all with the quote “I wont stop killing stuff until the banshee’s head is on my glaive” or that Thrall is after her too.

Sure she “Got away with alot of crimes” much like another warchief (who was disposed of the next expansion because blizzard are terrible at writing, ignores feedback on everything coz “muh feelings get hurt” and must write the same story all the time)

I dont count whatever comes out of Danusers mouth as Foreshadowing given how much they have lied in the past about how “bfa is the faction war faction” bull**** when it was basically the “expansion where we kill nzoth and save azeroth… and there is a few skirmishes between the alliance and the horde, nothing major just slightly bigger than the last, and most of the losses are sylvanas fault, nothing related to the faction war at all” that got longer than expected but the point still stands, sylvanas was the one responsible coz 500000 iq 7dimensional chess god.

Other than that Teldrassil accounts for maybe at most 10% of the night elf population as a whole.

I believe you’re consciously or mistakenly moving the goal posts so that Nelves seem to be irate and irrational. A majority of the NE fans want something to happen, sure, but they’re also afraid because their favourite race has been the equivalent of being kicked in the teeth circa Vanilla. Most of such has been shown time and time again between them getting done-over by the Horde or compared to how cool an alliance race/character is.

Not faulting you for wanting Gilneans to have something as well. In truth I find that a majority of Gilneas/Worgen isn’t getting enough touch-up. But there has been poignant moments where the race, as a people and its characters, have done something integral that have shown them having a backbone compared to Nelves.

Most Nelf fans are afraid that Tyrande’s vengeance is going to be something that’s going to cost them their faction lead. For arbitrary reasons in an effort to make it feel bittersweet and ultimately internecine when it shouldn’t be.

6 Likes

So what? Tyrande is also crazy and just because she’s after someone doesn’t mean that she’ll get them. In fact Tyrande has always failed with everything.

She got away with everything, not just a lot of crimes. Most importantly she got away with genocide.

It’s not just him, one thing the devs have always consistently said is that Sylvanas isn’t evil, won’t die, won’t be a raid boss and that Teldrassil has been concluded.

More like 90%

Ehm your words not mine… I wouldnt call her crazy at all. As for failing… Tyrande sure failed at the battle of hyjal, darkshore stuff, freeing illidan to aid them against the legion (i mean come on its not like Illidan played a big role in the ultimate defeat of the legion at all) etc etc.

Sure 10% of a race is alot there is no denying that.

Same crap I dont count whatever comes out of blizzards mouth. Show dont tell.

As far as i am aware more than 90% of their settlements are still standing and there are refugees in both stormwind and the exodar isles, and most of the population wasnt focused on Teldrassil, sure alot of the Civilian Npcs are dead like profession trainers and maybe class trainers as well as questing npcs etc etc. but other than that Alot of the race still exists out in the world.

Its not like Teldrassil made something like the thanos snap to the majority of night elves and because of the connection teldrassil has to the majority of night elves it being gone Immediately made it so that just because you got “picked” or spent your entire life there and then went on a boatride that you suddenly Vanish and go “mr stark i dont feel so good”.

The mistreatment of Tyrande will never get old. She had as much opportunity for a good story as Jaina, as Illidan, as Sylvanas. I can’t get over how ridiculous the events of BfA were.

• The Horde treks through mountains of Night Elf sacred territory with ease, while the Archdruid and THE Priestess are beaten by… a surprise axe attack.
  • Sylvanas commits a genocide while the Horde stands by her.
  • Tyrande doesn’t appear at all during the first phase of the war campaign, but Shandris does.
  • 8.2 arrives and she finally gets an opportunity to get her own story, submits to the power of the Night Warrior and becomes a godlike being who scares Malfurion.
  • She can’t even kill Nathanos.
  • That’s all folks! Nathanos ran away while saying “I’ll get you next time” and Tyrande just didn’t finish him.
  • Now Shadowlands come and she has to delete her class trial character before she’s even done anything remotely powerful, or she might die. (Probably still will.)

Honestly just delete Night Elves from the game at this point, but stop embarrassing them.

5 Likes

Yea, that part was probably an all time low point in wow history, yet somehow it was supposed to make up for teldrassil and everything

1 Like

Nothing can ever make up for Teldrassil, just because Blizzard handled it so poorly. The Horde stood by and watched her do everything she did, they’re not absolved suddenly because they decided to rebel after she actually betrayed them. Only one that earned that redemption was Saurfang, and he’s dead.

You mean in Zandalar? Yeah I’m sure Night Elf fans would have been thrilled to see her fight there instead of you know- her homeland.

Because he fled. Besides, he was empowered by a val’kyr and probably also the Jailer at this point. And still Tyrande didn’t take a scratch.
It is obvious that he had to get away because he was still relevent to the story, plus they absolutely wanted for Sira and Delaryn to be raised, although why is still beyond me.

She gets the kill in the prepatch. Is that not enough?

I was going to create a Thread on that today. Nathanos had a buff from the 2 valkyrs as many people pointed out in other threads before. And, now more than ever it is everything but confirmed that he is also being powered by the Jailer, he used the same chain like spell Sylvanas used to lock bolvar and now we even see two Maw creatures kidnapping Anduin using the same chain like spell.

And so far, the only character that have been able to break free from those type of chains is… Tyrande.

While how it was done, and the fact that the jailer was unknown in 8.1.5 are arguable points about the quality of the scenario, and certainly felt underwhelming because it was supposed to be this big moment for Tyrande, it is still a clear indication of how powerful Tyrande currently is, as She is currently the only one being able to fight off the Jailer’s forces.

4 Likes

Uhhh. The vast bulk of the NE population was moved to Teldrassil in the war. The settlements outside of it are are sparsely populated outposts or military instalments. Ashenvale, Darkshore, and Teldrassil were it. Those who couldn’t evacuate Ashenvale were killed by Deathstalkers after Saurfang went through as mentioned in texts after the fact of finding civilians massacred.

The Nelves retreated their civilians to teldrassil where they thought miles of water was a safe barrier while the few remaining sentinels and malfurion holding off the Horde would be enough.

It was a genocide. Most of their civilian population and a large chunk of their armed forces are dead because blizzard needed someone to punch for Sylvanas to become “lmao I’m not arthas 2.0”. Anduin even says its genocide after the burning scenario. It’s not just a mass murder or devastating loss of one battle, it’s mentioned canonically as a genocide. The few remaining elves are now up in Hyjal and Moon Glade.

That said, real world consequences will never come to the Horde. We cannot hold Nuremberg trials for them and decide who to execute and who to pardon. Most of the Horde players didn’t want to become literal genocidal monster nazī parallels. Some did, but they’re weirdos. Let’s all do our best to memory hole this expansion and pretend it never happened.

3 Likes

Enough to make up for Teldrassil? To give him a free ticket to his wife Sylvanas? No.

It wouldn’t be half as bad if Sylvanas didn’t get away with everything and wouldn’t be called a hero and “not evil” by blizz after being a genocidal maniac

The big problem is that the Horde stuck by her through doing this. The Blood Elves, Tauren (of both breeds), and Nightborne probably wouldn’t have wanted to be involved in this whatsoever and should’ve had membership issues immediately after or during.

After Sylvanas started raising Horde soldiers into undeath in front of the whole army at the battle for lordaeron every faction but forsaken should’ve turned on her.

But they didn’t. This isn’t a failing of the horde so much as it’s a failing of Blizzard’s absolutely awful writing. They genocide the Night Elves as a race and then genocided the Horde’s spine, convictions, and general character.

This expansion ruined everybody and Blizzard is that dude from the meme sitting in a well going “you hate the story and yet you still play… curious.”

5 Likes

Oh no! Losing one of their established characters. How will they ever recover…

Sarcasm aside, the NEFPA on the story forums (and it bleeds into GD when they don’t get the support or attention they are fishing for) do a good enough job pointing out their own irrationality. They like to generalize, lump all people with red backgrounds into the same category, grossly misrepresent the story and other people’s opinions and exaggerate to no end. Then they get all surprised Pikachu face when people push back and call them out on their stupidity, double standards and hypocrisy.

:pancakes:

And this is something the Horde has complained about as well. It makes no sense narratively speaking, but the writers are just going to do whatever they want.

:pancakes: