"Tyrande got her revenge"

Ya, Rastakhan was most certainly not a Horde leader. Just all kinds of lame thinking killing him was anything wanted, needed nor a win for the alliance

5 Likes

You guys can have better revenge when the writers stop giving all your characters plot armor

2 Likes

No, it was confirmed in the mirror story that she loves him, and remember that Nathanos current portrayal is a self-insert of Danuser who pretty much has a very weird…fixation with Sylvanas. So yes, he’s definitely the one thing she loves with truth and bla bla.

3 Likes

Tyrande’s revenge culminates with a single dead Val’kyr and a zone deadlocked in an endless cycle ala a Warfront?

Cool. I was curious about the Azshara content, but I’ll take a hard pass on resubbing.

The gameplay and mechanics got me to leave, but the story is doing an excellent job at making me stay the eff away so far.

13 Likes

I think the problem is that, once again, we have the night elves getting their lumps taken with the spotlight squarely on them. We have a weeks long story arch and two novellas on what was, despite some mitigating factors, a defeat.

And then our update on the part where the night elves take back their turf and contribute to the horde suffering “defeat on all fronts” and being “weeks out from total collapse” is a few throwaway lines, and maybe the wartables.

8 Likes

Mirror took place well before BfA and they were bouncing back and fourth between memories of when they were living iirc.

Yeah but in the “present” that dark archer tells Nathanos how it’s clear he’s the only one Sylvanas loves.

I’m… just… no.

What the hell. How does this make any remote sense? You’re done with Tyrande’s story because she killed a Val’kyr? There’s thousands of dead night elves that need vengeance.

There’s still the unsolved story of why Delaryn and Sira would just up and betray their loyalty to the Night Elves and Alliance (turning their backs on Elune is one thing, but outright betraying Tyrande and the Alliance is another thing).

But no, you just ditch Tyrande and the Night Elves because you want to focus more on Waifu Sylvanas, Green Jesus, and Saurfang? And probably Nathanos thrown in there somewhere because he’s one of the writer’s self-insert, amirite?

31 Likes

Yup. They have even made Jaina forgive the horde too, so yeah, it’s all about the Horde characters coming to terms what the horde truly is and show that is honorable now.

2 Likes

Alliance writing, you had your story, what more do you want? There are Horde characters we need to tell the story about, the Horde needs to make decisions so they can pick sides MULTIPLE TIMES. The Horde needs to have Thrall reintroduced and Saurfang to have 3 cinematics at LEAST. We need to find out what is going on with Vol’jins soul, we need to find out what Baine is doing in Org. tied up and just lucky enough we get to go there as Alliance characters to break him out because i know that’s what I WANT TO DO, risk my life to save the enemies faction leader although at least this case it is a Tauren.

You got your warfront, you got your 2 min cinematic where a 10k year old being threw a temper tantrum and stormed out of SW to make a rash decision to avenge her people in a 20 min gameplay event, what more could you want. There are OTHER characters to develop and tell stories about. Didn’t you get enough in Legion chasing love sick Tyrande around while she pined for Malfurion, other characters need story too you know. The Horde need to solve their leadership issues they have had since…Green Jesus exited stage left because…reasons.

Geez Alliance whiners always wanting stories and stuff. YOU GOT YOUR STORY, let others have the limelight for the other 99% of the time and stop hogging it up.

26 Likes

For the record, there’s a rather large Reddit thread with Platinum, Gold, and Silver donations discussing this as well, to Blizzard.

People are NOT happy: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/bozaba/tyrande_got_revenge_for_the_night_elves_according/

This is NOT just about Night Elf players losing their part of the story. Tyrande and the Night Elves is the Alliance Story of BFA. By saying that their part of BFA is over, you’re essentially telling Alliance players, “Well, buckle up because get ready for a year and a half of sitting on the sidelines playing Horde content that we disguise as neutral content.”

As I linked in another thread, your developers outright admitted that Uldir was designed SPECIFICALLY for Horde players, and Alliance were an afterthought, and the developers felt the Horde players got robbed of feeling like they accomplished something because the Alliance got to do it too.

It’s already starting in 8.2, where a raid that SHOULD be a Night Elf heavy raid somehow got turned into a raid that is led by a Blood Elf and a Nightborne. (Jaina and Shandris are there as well, but Lor’themar and Thalyssra do most of the talking)

It’s becoming more and more clear you need to take action in some way, either by hiring developers specifically for Alliance content, or restructure your dev team to be more balanced. Cause right now it’s painfully obvious your developers are like 95-100% Horde.

20 Likes

but that’s not true. The Toddler King taking his first wobbly steps is the Alliance story. Night Elf lore is just the potty training.

Anduin has been in a grand total of like 5 minutes of BFA. Try again.

Even in the “War Council” meetings, he isn’t present, it’s Mathias Shaw, Jaina, and Halford Wyrmbane. Anduin is never present. He’s only present at the very end of long quest chains.

Sylvanas is constantly present though.

Anduin is NOT the Alliance story in BFA, no matter how much Blizzard claims he is.

5 Likes

and other than getting lolstomped night elves did nothing in BfA, twice.

1 Like

Night Elves were the main point for why we entered BFA. Shandris, a Night Elf, was the entire driving force behind the main War Campaign.

They were the main reason we entered 8.1’s warfront.

The Alliance is led to Nazjatar by Jaina and, gasp Shandris, a Night Elf.

They are literally the entire driving force behind BFA’s Alliance story.

3 Likes

Heck, even a simple questline where Anduin sends Alliance players to ask Tyrande for help with Nazjatar when it surfaces and Tyrande says she can’t spare the reinforcements as they’re barely holding Darkshore as it is, (as a slight to Anduin refusing reinforcements) would make more sense than this load of bull.

Though they should still have Tyrande appear at the raid, as Tyrande should ALWAYS be present when we deal with Azshara. They have literally a 10,000 year old rivalry.

12 Likes

Yeah. Tyrande wasn’t even at Lordaeron or BOD (right?). So her revenge was more like reclaiming lost ground. And no retaliatory strike.

Interesting choice of words, Blizzard.

2 Likes

Most of the leaders weren’t at BoD. It was a small strike force. They literally talk about how they kept it small when you start the raid, lol. It was Jaina, Mekkatorque, Genn, and soldiers. The goal was a strategic strike.

Lordaeron, no, she was not. Tyrande was tending to a severely wounded Malfurion and helping Mia tend to the Gilnean and Night Elf refugees.

You seem to be insisting they are the driving force then surprised when rubbish from the devs comes out. You can’t have it both ways.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight! I’ve not done BoD in its completeness and while I do recall the small strike force, I incorrectly thought that was for the force that Telaamon was leading as a feint.