"Tyrande got her revenge"

Should roll alliance then

6 Likes

As a night elf fan, no, no it’s not. I’d prefer no ride to this clown show.

15 Likes

The Alliance is there waiting for you.

17 Likes

Your assuming I care more about the story than playable races, which I dont

1 Like

One can separate the races from the story, but only by telling yourself ‘this current story is just bad fanfic’

3 Likes

Wow, so now Blizzard have turned Sylvanas into a real spotlight diva?

Blizzard let the Draenei conclude their story in Legion, but will not let the Night Elves get a conclusion with Azshara? Pretty pathetic …

39 Likes

Everyone’s assuming there’s no canonical winner to the Darkshore warfront in Blizzard’s mind. People should keep in mind that when Blizzard put out their last Chronicle book (which took timeline up through Cataclysm), they chose canonical outcomes to situations where the Horde or Alliance had their own version of events.

I’d bet they consider Tyrande’s victory in re-taking Darkshore to be canon and content we already have, but while it’s current-expansion content, they’re not going to have characters refer to its outcome (because Horde players are still going to be fighting it after all). The Alliance version basically annihilates the Horde army occupying Darkshore. (Nathanos not putting himself in danger and letting Sira take the fall).

That interview is essentially signalling to us (out-of-game) the answer to the question of who they will be designating the winner of the battle for Darkshore - the Alliance.

5 Likes

Has anyone considered they also meant Tyrande got her revenge against Azshara already? She fought her in the War of the Ancients. She took the role of leader of the kaldorei in the post Sundered world.

2 Likes

Wait… that’s it? We witnessed the rise of her ascension to become the very wrath of Elune to take down a Val’kyr & that’s it with the storyline?

That was her total revenge? That’s as if someone came into your home and stole the vast majority of your furniture, and in retaliation you took their door mat.

Not a very “Hah! Gotcha back!” moment, but sure. Night elves are a joke & it brings me sadness.

50 Likes

With this and the new cinematic it’s really fitting my sub ended today because holy hell I cannot take this anymore

14 Likes

Just when you thought the story telling couldn’t get any worse. Darkshore is a pathetic excuse for revenge - that should have been the beginning, not the entire thing. Also, Tyrande and Malfurion should be there to fight Azshara since they’re the ones with the most history and experience with her.

While the Jaina story arc with her family was nice, the rest of the Alliance story has been lacking. And the Horde side has been a rehash and just a mess in general. I can’t wait til Blizz tells us we have to hold hands and sing Kumbaya together in the same expansion where we’ve had a nonsensical war and a massacre. I’m sure Tyrande will totally be on board … ah and there we have the reason why she and Mal aren’t in the Azshara patch - no way would they even consider working with the Horde.

10 Likes

Do not tell me, show me.

If so you have to show it either with material or in game.

the problem is that and that the horde is not hurt enough,
Suppose we win on the coast, will it be enough revenge according to you? If from the dark coast at the gates of Ormgrimar it was plated with the bodies of the horde, you might consider it.

A half-counting and unsatisfactory plot is the problem.

It would suffice with a chain of missions, a comic or a cinematic that will close that arc, to show the elves of the night at the gates of their city after you have destroyed the forces of the horde,To finally show the piety that you did not have and let live your civilians.

It would not be an eye for an eye, but a large part of those responsible had been punished and the home of the elves resumed.

3 Likes

…Cause we need to put more attention on pretty boy… :roll_eyes:
I’m really sick of seeing him and i just wish we get a new leader already.

You know what that Scenario was missing? A cinematic where Tyrande hold a fist up in the air and tells the player character “fistbump”. Then the player character walks off, leaving her hanging. :smile:

To answer your question, i guess the Val’kyr is Slyvanas’s lives or something, if she ran out that’s game over i suspose. Like it’s a 90’s video game or something.

But yea, we could have done something else, like… oh i don’t know… killing Nathanos and burning his body while Sylvanas mourns over his death and go psycho over her only love that is now gone, both the alliance for killing him and the horde for not saving him? It would make this story have a bit of sense on her inevitible journey to Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0 unless the writers just Illidan her up and make her “she’s just misunderstood” or some other nonsensical crap, hell i wouldn’t be surprised if all the sudden, she broke into a song and dance number to convince people on why she’s a good guy, or just misunderstood or etc.

2 Likes

Well, nothing can possibly bring me back to liking this story anymore. Not in BFA. Not moving forward. Nothing can undo the amount of salt I feel towards this pathetic story.

24 Likes

I don’t think for a second Sylvanas loves Nathanos. He might love her but the reciprocation from her is entirely manipulative. Sylvanas doesn’t love anything or any one.

4 Likes

More like:

Stole all your furniture, burnt down your home and murdered your entire family*

Then in retaliation you steal their doormat and consider it “revenge”.

28 Likes

and then went and killed a loose acquaintance of theirs at the behest of the worst friend ever in order to show you mean business.

3 Likes

“I killed your sisters’ cousins’ best friends’ aunt. TAKE THAT!”

8 Likes

thus goes the murder of Rastakhan :frowning:

2 Likes

What’s funny is those complaining that he was a “horde main leader!”.

Like he was a random sketchy shmuck we met 5 minutes ago, his daughter has been the true leader and was destined to be the true leader since we met her.
And heck even if she died I probably wouldn’t bat an eye since well…we met her 5 minutes ago too.

14 Likes