Tyrande as the Night Warrior: Success or Failure?

When have I asked that?

I will clarify, I don’t care about Horde players suffering… Just Treng.

1 Like

Oh definitely! I would bring sister, but she’s being vexing again and won’t let me get more then 3 renown this week :gift_heart:

3 Likes

When I saved the temple of her patron Deity?

When I rescued her husband?

8 Likes

By all means, show me how I’m wrong.

So, serious question here; why do you respond to him?

I know, hypocritical, right? I respond to you and we’ve had some heated arguments. Do what I say, not what I do.

But see, the difference is, as much as I might have called you brand new to poke you, behind that was respect for your opinion. I might disagree with it, I might think it’s damn wrong, but I see it’s clearly well-written and thought out. Not this thread specifically, but more generally. I respond to you because I genuinely feel you’re someone worth responding to, because I genuinely think some of the views you hold might be better than mine.

This clearly doesn’t apply to you and TrengDread. So why?

No judgment, if it’s just to needle him, that’s cool. But I’m actually curious.

1 Like

Before Teldrassil.

We can agree it would have been nice to have Hamuul or something in Val’Sharah… but what the Horde did before Teldrassil doesn’t really answer for Teldrassil.

A different attitude. There are people I respectfully disagree with. Treng is not one of those people. Letting him roam free with his ill-informed, idiotic ideas without opposition just doesn’t seem right to me.

1 Like

Is it weird that I’m sort of the same way? I love their lore, I generally enjoy their characters, conflicts, aesthetics, and associates. I just really don’t like their current racial fantasy. Which revolves so much around them being these chosen trust fund kid demigods who really earned nothing of what they have; and who’s racial fantasy has a lot of “returning to or maintaining the status quo”.

I love their past … its their present that is not my cup of tea. :smiley:

3 Likes

Not sure what else to tell you.

1 Like

How about this?

I must be the only one who actively doesn’t care for the night elf lore. Like, there’s characters and segments of lore I like, but the general thrust of the night elf lore rubs me a bit wrong.

Thousands of years of stagnation in a theocracy where the upper leadership stayed stagnant based on who was important during a rebellion thousands of years ago?

Tyrande never got fatigued? Nobody figured out that Staghelm was a dick despite him plotting for god knows how long against Malfurion?

Plus that and the idea of immediately deciding to exile any night elf who didn’t immediately and irrevokably give up their old way of life in favor of druidism makes me really dislike the nelf leadership

5 Likes

Because from what i’ve seen of you, you have never, ever, cared about how Alli players experience the game. Not one post, not one sentence, not a word. How can I feel sympathy for someone who shows none?

1 Like

A good start would be how you square that circle with your other, more recent comment. Because it sure seems as soon as you’re responding to not-me, you go right back to “I’m okay with Blizzard just deleting all the Horde, faction and player accounts”. I mean, it’s literally what you said.

3 Likes

I’m right there with you, homie. Nelf lore has never been my bag, and that’s only been exasperated by using night elves to punish horde players for two years thus far with two more to go.

2 Likes

Because it’s Treng.

From an old thread on WoW's RP forums. Someone mailed me a mount when they read this.

It appears printed from a press in Orcish.

[quote]I, Treng, son of Treng , a national of the Horde, solemnly swear that I was born in An internment camp , Hillsbrad in 18 BDP , that I formerly resided in Orgrimmar , Durotar , that I am a national of the Horde by virtue of its formation .

I desire and hereby make a formal renunciation of my Horde nationality and absolutely and entirely renounce all rights and privileges and all duties and allegiance to fidelity thereunto pertaining. I make this renunciation intentionally, voluntarily and of my own free will, free of any duress of undue influence.

Treng, son of Treng, whose father was Treng before him

I’ve served the Horde since I was old enough to wield a spear. My father saw to that. First, it was hunting. Animals were fair game and troops had to be fed. You’d be surprised by what you learn about killing from hunting. One quick jab to the ribcage, just in the right spot, pierces the heart. It kills quickly. It kills well. It’s the least we can offer the dying. A quick death.

After a year hunting, I was given an axe and sent to an old human fort in Durotar. Turned out some holdouts from Kul Tiras had re-occupied Tiragarde Keep. I went in with a handful of other soldiers. Mostly Orcs and Trolls. Some Tauren, and a couple undead, but all of us, for the lack of a better term, green. We went in and we killed them all, but most of us killed them well.

No one deserves to die slow and in pain. Or at least most don’t.

I’ve served in the Barrens and Ashenvale. I’ve served in Stonetalon and Desolace. Truth be told, there’s more places I’ve been than I’ve not. I was a right and proper soldier of Thrall’s Horde. His Overlords would point, and I’d follow.

I’ve seen Warchiefs rise and fall. I’d been opposed to Garrosh since day one. I remembered how he was in Nagrand. How willing he was to let his clan die in his malaise. But I respected Thrall – he’d earned my faith. So, I followed Garrosh Hellscream after he killed Cairne, and he tore through Ashenvale, and sailed to the Twilight Highlands. Garrosh killed and maimed like a man possessed, but he didn’t kill well. He killed for the joy of it. Pandaria was when it became too much. Pandaria was where I drew the line.

I should have drawn it sooner.

I signed up with Vol’jin’s revolutionaries the second I’d heard news. The Horde was fragmented, and with Lor’themar’s help, Vol’jin stood as a unifying force. With the Alliance’s aid, we stormed Orgrimmar and put the tyrant on his knees, Titan artifacts or no.

Vol’jin became Warchief not long after that, and my son was born. I felt such great pride. And to see the homeland of my father, no matter how remote or incongruent, to see his people in their frozen homeland. I wish my son could have remembered it.

But then the Legion came and Vol’jin fell. And Sylvanas became Warchief. I remember standing in the crowd, one face among many, my wife holding our son as Sylvanas asked us: “Who among us would help her avenge him?” It was a masterstroke, in retrospect. I believed her, despite my best senses. But we got to Stormheim and it was all made clear. The only thing Sylvanas did in the entire Legionfall campaign was try to enslave Odyn’s Valkyr.

And so the Horde didn’t avenge its last true Warchief. The Alliance did most of the work, while we served the order halls and the Horde, itself, did nothing. Kil’jaeden fell, though I don’t know any who were there to see it. Nor Argus.

For any sensible man, this should’ve been enough, but I wasn’t sensible. I let it pass. And as the Forsaken killed women and children in Ashenvale, I let it pass. And as their tree burned, I let it pass.

All those people did not die well.

And finally we were called to Lordaeron. The Alliance’s counter-attack called in force, to make us answer for Teldrassil. And for the first time, I couldn’t say they were wrong. But it only got worse. This ‘Warchief’, Sylvanas Windrunner, equipped her Forsaken forces with special masks and gave them Blight equipment. She sent them into the battle, spraying down Horde and Alliance alike. And as they died, they did not die well. They choked, and gagged, tearing at their throats to breathe breaths that would not come. They threw up, and rithed in their mess on the ground spasmodically, but that nightmare wasn’t enough. Not for her. The Banshee Queen wove her magics and the dead stood again, tearing their flesh from their bones like some kind of macabre puppets before running head long into the Alliance forces. She had a message to send.

Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes. It didn’t matter to her, as long as it wasn’t her Forsaken troops. She repeated this at least three times as I saw. It got kind of fuzzy and jumbled after a while. So many who did not die well were not only being weaponized, but cut off from their ancestors. But surely she’d let them go and release them when the battle was over.

The retreat was called. I don’t remember how we got out. I don’t remember how I survived. After a week I flew back out to Tirisfal in the dead of night. I had to see for myself. See if I could find my wife’s bones. I couldn’t. Not in that sea of blight. Not in that ocean of skeletons. All still animated. All still patrolling, or working. Some even on the tanks. And to the north east, some Forsaken stood with their masks, doing something to the Blight.

Now, I stand at the precipice. How many soldiers is she willing to kill to get what she wants? How many of our own will she sacrifice? I lost my wife to her lunacy. I won’t risk my son.

I should have learned my lesson with Garrosh. I thought that I had. All too late, I’ve come to the realization that Saurfang was right.

I won’t return to her Horde.[/quote]

[/quote]

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat hun. Truly. I,like you, find this power fantasy people have about them to be…well dishonest, considering everything we know about them.

Those Wild God, Dragon and Mountain Giant allies? All have been described consistently as being aloof and only aiding the kaldorei when absolutely necessary. They generally don’t care about mere Mortal Issues.

The Kaldorei fanatics always like to use War of the Ancients as proof of them all being close, forgetting the kaldorei had to beg and plead for them to help. All three groups were initially like You summoned the legion here, clean up your own mess

2 Likes

Intermission time to lighten the mood.
https://i.imgur.com/CUZgRdj.jpg

7 Likes

BABY DUCK! SQUEELS :gift_heart:

1 Like

Look. Nobody’s got time for your RP thread. If you RP your character as caring about the Alliance, that’s cool. It actually doesn’t contradict a single thing Morg’s saying; you never show you give a crap about Alliance player experience.

I RP my character as a master archer, ex-soldier who wants nothing more than to fire an arrow into the head of Sylvanas so she can retire from life with a little less blood in her ledger. I can’t shoot a bow, have not served in any military, and I’m horrified at the idea of killing anyone, even an undead banshee elf.

RP isn’t real life.

4 Likes

And anything here disproves what I said? You hate what they did to the Horde, that much i’ve known since the beginning. And somehow, you think the Alliance have got it so much better. And that’s where you are wrong. When you understand that, perhaps you will understand why i’m incapable of letting Teldrassil go.

I’m looking through my Treng posts now. It’s just taking a while because a lot of folks refused to accept that Sylvanas was evil and boy did I have a bone to pick about that.

Uh, no. I’m absolutely 100% right.
Night elves lost a zone, sira, and a character designed to be killed in BFA.

The Horde lost a zone, two leaders, a sub leader, and a character designed to be killed in BFA.