Typical experience playing WoW vs other games

You dont look very hard.

Pretty sure my main is doing better than yoir fotm reroller main in S2 so far?

If we’re basing it on m+ performance, yeah you’re right. Go play a little more and get a bit more experience and then come back and you can talk

I didn’t have to. I see the only ever feat of strength you got from a dungon was KSM 2020 and you’re not offering any additional information to the contrary. Go home, yer drunk!

What utter BS, when you don’t even have KSM this season on any of your toons. You’re just making stuff up. And YOU called ME a liar when I was stating opinions and you were pretending to be someone that you aren’t

What a classic example of people simply wasting time and energy of others in the forums. I will never forget this example.

These forums have around 15-20 posters that will just baby shark you to death with posts. Most of their posts don’t offer any substance, and a lot of their replies are just them defending what is clearly not a great game anymore.

1 Like

Oh interesting, I guess I hadn’t thought about how it’s a small vocal group of people but that makes sense. I have several people ignored from this group already I think, time to add another. Thanks for the tip

I would assume.that a self proclaimed recovering “hardcore” player would undersrand how achievement stalking would work. Guess not. Come back when youve figured out how people use achievements to look at other players

I actually feel slightly embarrassed for you

Appears i got KSM before you as well, which with me being just a filthy casual, is also embarrassing for you

Ah, I see you actually did get it this season so my apologies for my confusion. However “I got KSM before you na na na boo boo” is not a level I will stoop down to. And while you do have this particular achievement your resume looks quite light. Way too light to be bragging about your prowess in M+. That you are bragging about KSM says it all haha

Well, it’s always been told that the community will kill WoW, not other games.

What games are these? Single player games? Yeah. It is much easier to play a game in single player than it is to find groups to play with. Might I suggest Satisfactory (seriously fun game).

However if you play any online team based game with a queue system or a party system, you are going to run into the same issue. Especially at higher levels. League, OW, Halo, hell even PUBG. Lose one teamfight, and someone is bound to /surrender, int, or just leave.

The only game I have ever played (multiplayer) where finding a group and getting into the action was immediate was Planetside because it is all open world battles. Even then, you have to travel to the battle zones which takes a while, and when you get there it’s no guarantee that you don’t get sniped and need to find a way back.

World of Warcraft isn’t only about M+. Im sorry that it is for you, but…there is plenty to do outside of M+ in this game.

What a ridiculous idea.

This is the first actual worthwhile idea I’ve seen to address the “issue” of “leavers.”

FTR I don’t think leaving a key is a problem, but giving a key charges would be nice for folks who do think it is.

1 Like

Amd every season ive touched m+ with maybe the exception of Legion since my play time and content focus was so inconsistent.

It wasnt a level to stoop to. I was referencing your timeline you put in place. And if you didnt have KSM, you wouldnt have brought it as your arguing point. But you did, because you had it and thought i didnt. So you did technically stoop to that level, against your claims.

Im not the one who brought it up not am i the one bragginy about it. I simply refuted your claim that my only KSM achievement was from 2020

I can see the monkey paw already though. Once you burn all 3 charges, your key is done and have to use other peoples keys.

While yeah I’m mostly talking about other single player games and reading a book and taking a walk or going to meet up with friends as competitors to spending time in here. The most recent multiplayer game I played was Fortnite and it feels like nonstop action compared to WoW.

I get that WoW has a bit more backstory, a bit more texture than these games but I think the recipe needs tweaks to get people engaged again.

I also agree that M+ is not the entirety of wow, but M+ is a hobby of mine. One that has become increasingly frustrating, and my optimism has faded.

I think one of the main problems here isn’t one of Blizzard’s design. M+ is simply way less popular than it used to be from my subjective experience. In BFA I feel like it took about 15 minutes to form a group on the long side, it was easy to find people. And it was more lenient on stacking the same spec for example.

For example nerfing drums ultimately was a major fun-ruiner because now the cost is so high for not bringing a lust class. No lust class shows up? Maybe that means one person waiting in your group for the key to fill leaves and then all the others leave and you’re starting from scratch (very common).

No, my idea is for the key to have 3 charges before it depletes. Once the key is used a 3rd time it drops a level as it does now. (currently one’s key drops a level the moment you put it in, but if you time the dungeon then your key turns into the new upgraded key, this would be the same just after 3 charges instead of a single non-charge)

lol riiiight

EDIT: another idea. What if there were a few crucial class buffs/abilities that could be put on a scroll once a week per account and sold or sent to an alt? Like if a priest could make a scroll of fortitude (like war scrolls in the past). Maybe they would have to actually complete a raid/dungeon/win an arena match/or do another thing to make the scroll as well. Or perhaps a mage could make a scroll empowering drums in a similar fashion? Having all buffs like this available wouldn’t make sense, and we already have engineering, but I think a few targeted could really improve our quality of life

But you are comparing apples to oranges.

It’s like saying “I could go to work and waste 8 hours of my life making somebody else money for a menial wage, or I could go surfing on the North Shore.”

Then take a step back. Stop treating it like a job where you have to push to the ultimate key level no matter what. You can have just as much fun running an 11 as you can a 20, with a lot less stress.

I have done many keys where not having lust wasn’t even an issue. I think people put way too much emphasis on how important lust is. Yeah it’s almost necessary for progression where you are wiping constantly at 1% and not hitting the DPS checks. But it has never been an absolute must in M+. M+ is more about avoiding damage while performing mechanics (NL comes to mind where mechanics > Damage).

Thats not how Blizzard works. There’s always a catch

Key depeletes. You can get it back but you have to run the key again with no chance of loot

Key no longer depletes but it drops a level

Key has charges but now theres a new catch.

No mention of skill, no putting your resume down, no nada. Simply that i got it before you. Which fits your timeline of “this season”

This is true

But I think it’s more like “Given all the options out there Blizzard really ought to think about their formula and try to change it up a bit”

Aren’t MMO’s extremely unpopular in the gaming world as a whole? I could be speaking out of my butt here but it would make sense for the players who would play a game like Elden Ring to be interested in WoW as well. Why doesn’t WoW have those numbers? I think it’s because the MMO formula is stale.

I’m talking about basic stuff here like how we have dungeons that require a tank, a healer (well maybe not so much), and 3 dps. Not that any of this is realistic but having every creature attack one person isn’t realistic at all and not a lot of people like to do that role.

THAT is what I mean by this post. I’m not looking at my own experience. I’m actually trying to inspire a sea change.

This would be the sane thing to do but it is not in my nature. I am not happy unless I have all 24’s timed. Was pretty disappointed with myself last season for only timing 22s/23s and a single 24

Same but the community’s perception is that it is essential. So it prevents the key from being run. Countless times I join/form a group but we never do a run because the group wants lust and we don’t find lust, or some aoe stun or something. Heck, I’ve even been flamed for not bringing stuff like an AOE stun with the person leaving the group with an insult tacked on. I don’t think this way, but the community does and that gets in the way of my fun ultimately

As opposed to no penalty and the key holder has free reins on how many times he can reset his groups, wasting multiple parties’ time, until he find one able to carry him?

Think it through.

1 Like

Well I mean it is a genre of gaming, and WoW is currently the best in that genre. I mean you can’t change what your game is simply because the genre isn’t as popular as another genre. It’s like telling Metallica that metal is dead, they should become a Rap band now. You can’t improve an MMORPG by turning it into a single player ARPG.

Then make suggestions, not complain as you did in your OP.

First, AOE stuns are not the same as lust. Some dungeons/affixes require it, some don’t. CoS imps or any trash mobs on fort/bolstering weeks are a great example. That would be the same as refusing to bring an invis pot when the group plans to skip a mob in their route and they don’t have a rogue. You don’t want to bring the utility your class can provide that the party leader is looking for? Fine, find another run.

Second, how many times have you said “We don’t need lust, we have the DPS to do without”? Granted it won’t always work, but more often than not it does.

1 Like

Let me introduce you to the interesting and exciting concept of “Free Will”.

You see, as incredible as this might sound people have the ability to decide if they want to join a group or not. Those addon developers are on top of it too – there are multiple tools to help you decide if you want to join that group or not!

Right, so WoW has the best opportunity out of all of them to actually improve some problems that affect many mmo’s.

The OP was a discussion starter, people don’t like to read a lot of words. I’ve made a ton of suggestions in this thread but I’m not going to spend time proving that to you, you can read up on your own if you like.

This is just one example out of many. Sometimes it’s something else. AOE stun was for dungeons like Azure Vaults to handle piercing shards. Right now Brackenhide comes to mind with needing more poison/disease dispels than most dungeons so you’ll want to bring pally/monk/priest/druid. I could go on, and there are guides dedicated to this.

I think two days ago, the rest of the group wanted lust so I caved and we waited another 20 minutes

Yeah but you can’t fundamentally change something from what it is and expect it to be better. Very rarely does that ever happen. Prime example: Kid Rock. Went from a pop/rock star to whatever he is now. Was it better? Not in the slightest. That’s subjective, but you get the point.

When someone starts with complaining - It is usually a turn off for most people. Not a conversation starter.

A true conversation starter is: “McDonalds puts ketchup and mustard on their burgers, while White Castle doesn’t. Maybe White Castle should add ketchup and mustard to their burgers.”

Not: “McDonalds has better hamburgers than White Castle! White Castle doesn’t even put ketchup and mustard on their burgers!”

You do realize you are saying this in the 198th reply to this topic? I would say it was extremely effective at starting a conversation. I liked what you had to say before but now you’re just bringing this thread off-topic.

So, free will to leave when the group isn’t going as smooth as I would want also works yeah?

Also, and correct me if I’m wrong, there are no tools available that shows incomplete keys.