TWW is going to be bad isn’t it?

If it’s like this pre expansion event… They certainly seem to be trying to make the players stop caring altogether…

Lore and story wise? Absolutely. Are delves going to be really annoying repeatable content? You betcha.

Solo shuffle kept me busy in df and battle blitz iw def going to keep me busy in tww. Pvp only…no mythic plus no raids (unless for transmog) just pvp snd mount farming.

I dont even remember anything with df except dragonriding and solo shuffle. The story was horrible and the questing was forgetable.

Enjoy what u want. If you like story and pve its prob going to be a disappointment.

2 Likes

Except hero talents are nothing like covenants. No group to align with. You choose the talents you like. They can be changed at any time.

Delves have powerful rewards, great, crests and renown with Brann and Reno for armor, mounts, quality of life improvements. You don’t have to do them, but they have been fun and engaging.

1 Like

Just like every other expansion, Blizzard makes changes that are terrible. The game sucks. We complain until they fix it. Rinse and repeat. If they just did the opposite of what ever they think is a good idea, we’d be far better off.

2 Likes

World event spawns on timer that decreases as the expansion gets closer, and also drops currency used for catchup and cosmetics.
Sounds the exact same to me.

1 Like

They could start by actually implementing the other steps of their vision “to reinforce the importance of the healer role and work towards gameplay where tanks and healers collaborate to reduce the damage the tank is taking and to restore the tank’s lost health.”

You can see how they’ve introduced a vision to completely change the way encounters work. So why did they wait until a month before go-live to introduce the change, and then only do the first of several steps to implementing it?

What exactly are we testing if it’s all going to change soon anyway?

So far all they’ve done is nerf tanks. (reductions to tank durability and self-healing)

Still on the incomplete list:

• smooth out the damage tanks and parties take while retaining the challenge of keeping them alive over time
  • take those changes into account in encounter tuning
  • for some classes, increasing their passive defenses to compensate for decreases to more active or reactive defensive mechanics

If you don’t know where any of this is coming from, refer to: Tank Tuning in The War Within

1 Like

Blizzard’s output the last few weeks doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

4 Likes

Don’t forget a quite poorly received cinematic and the usual promotional animated shorts possibly replaced by a few .pdf short stories?

I’m so bummed. Usually the month leading up to a new expansion is super fun. But this is anything but. :pensive:

3 Likes

They don’t even have all the classes working properly and can’t seem to be bothered to fix them. Same old Blizzard as always.

I had hope. Their lack of communication on major bugs at this point makes me wonder. I have a feeling it’s not priority. So many bug fixes for classic and SoD stuff but very little for retail even though there are tons of glaring and game-breaking bugs.

We pay for this, they should act like they care a bit more.

Are delves any different than Scenarios or Islands?

If it wasn’t so buggy I would say yes. Many not getting credit for even the last boss. It’s laggy and not sharded properly. Bad stuff.

2 Likes

Sorry to say, but if that’s all you’re getting from this then we’re not playing the same thing.

This is what frustrates me.
The beta has actually been really really good. Delves are great, classes have been working fine, updates have been regular and bountiful, UI and other misc stuff all great.

It’s retail that feels like the test environment. It’s weird.

2 Likes

This. When i asked why are we getting new talents when even the ones we had were unbalanced and bad for most classes, that this is same like borrowed power we had, ppl said oh but its here to stay, well enjoy class balance now.

1 Like

Yup they removed some affixes and then turn around and added a bunch of mechanics to the dungeons themselves.

1 Like

Maybe?

Maybe it’s going to be so bad that Bliz thought a garbage experience before the expansion would make it better by comparison.

It’ll be like every other launch. We know the ponyshow by now. A selling point of the game is a third dwarf race afterall. (yikes) It wont be bad, but might fall short of some peoples expectations, and thats okay. I have high hopes in the Hero Talents and gameplay aspects with all the triggerhappy tuning that Dragonflight has gotten. Seems more effort is being made into the story and the art team as always blows it out of the water! I bet it’ll be worth picking up and having fun with it.

old raid got buff due to new level cap and item scaling so bilzzard yet again screw mog farmers

I have to completely, with absolution of conclusion —

Disagree.

Personally I find ‘Story Quests’ build the game.
Without story you’d just have another FPS game with swords and spells.

4 Likes