Two simple changes to fix and revitalize TBC Classic

Dual Spec is a no-brainer, its amazing with zero drawbacks. The 58 boost on the other hand has been slowly killing realms by serving by rerolls destroying faction balance, leading us closer to content drought and death of 1-58 levelling all to make a quick buck.

9 Likes

anndddd nothing of value was lost

7 Likes

I’m against boosting but I don’t see the point of taking it out AFTER everyone that wanted one has already bought one. It needed to never be sold in the first place. You can’t simply reseal the lid and pretend it never happened. The best we can hope for now is that they do better with wrath and never sell one there too. But knowing them, there will be a “Northrend Boat Pass” that now sells a 2nd boost, now at 68 with new races. /spit

Dual spec could still be nice though. All they need to do is copy it from wrath and let us pay the 1kg unlock.

““if it’s opened, It can’t be closed. Why can’t it? Uhh it just can’t””
-Most people that want to boost have ALREADY done it. Also, low level brackets are ALREADY dead and gone. Point is, the damage is already done, removing the boost now will not undo any of it. You are suggesting that we try to plug the holes on a ship that has already sunk. Like I said, the best we can hope for now is that there is no new boost sold with wrath in the future.

5 Likes

Yes you absolutely can - I swear it’s a corporate-influenced social stigma that people think that every single virtual service is Pandora’s box… “if it’s opened, It can’t be closed. Why can’t it? Uhh it just can’t”
Which is awfully convenient for companies to continue peddling services that actively profit off making parts of an MMO game worse.

Blizzard could just stop offering the boost, just like they stopped offering account-to-account transfers early in Phase 1 of classic release. Would it fix the problems overnight? No, but it would be better than we what we have now.

Any accusations of “Well that’s not fair!” should be reminded that how is it fair for people with less disposable income already cannot afford 40 bucks for a boost… and 15 dollars for a subscription, etc etc.

2 Likes

Huh… I can’t even remember the last time I saw a fresh boost in game, there were a few at launch but now?

5 Likes

Dual Speck prob won’t ever happen in TBC… But if it does I’d gladly buy it!

2 Likes

They’re too busy paying mages to get boosted in slave pens/slabs to 70 for people to see them.

1 Like

Drain is right. Pretty much everyone who would buy a boost has already bought one. You could theoretically remove the paid boost, but realistically, those same people would just buy gold and pay mages to boost them. The 1-58 zones would still be dead.

1 Like

It’s been 6 months stop complaining about the boost.

4 Likes

People did the mage boost thing in Classic too. All the 58 boost did was remove the middleman.

who is we?

4 Likes

Are you suffering from some post new year mental break down?

You’ve made so many terrible topics in a short time span. Maybe, you’re a bot. IDK.

1 Like

I actually don’t want dual spec. I want people out doing their dailies to get money for their respec and consumes.

It makes the world feel alive.

4 Likes

I would counter argue that with dual spec, you would see an uptick on Battlegrounds, Dungeons and even raids. People having more easily accessible options to play different specs will lead to folks wanting to keep up more gear and therefore need more gold and engage in more activities. A gold grind vs opening the door to additional play styles are very different things, also is more then just the gold its setting up of talents, skills, macros etc. The Dual Spec solution bring a lot to the table.

I am however of the believe Blizzard is going to keep this for Wrath at this point, as not to take away from that expansions feature list.

but lets hope I am wrong.

1 Like

I don’t do many dailies. I don’t farm gold for respec costs. I just don’t respec and don’t do anything except heal pve groups. When people like me log out instead of respeccing for other parts of the game it makes the world more empty.

4 Likes

I actually think of duel spec in the same light as the 58 boost. It’s another feature built expressly around convenience, not to mention its inherently antithetical to the RPG genre. You play a role, not all of them. Having to change your talents is one of the only ways gold actually exits the in game economy.

4 Likes

Most people play a mage, or priest, or druid etc. I usually don’t even notice what their spec is and I have no idea what they’re doing when I’m not in a group with them. That mage might be arcane in some dungeon but they might usually pvp, as frost. Even if I notice and label them as a arcane or fire mage they could actually be spending more time as frost.

Boosted toons have better gear and about the same amount of practice as someone who dungeon boosted.

Exactly what role is this? Everyone seems to follow the same guides, take the same talents and follow the same rotation. They also sit AFK in dungeons and battlegrounds. The modern playstyle as a whole is antithetical to the “RPGbgenre.”

Really? What is your evidence that the 58 boost is a problem. Northshire Abbey is a lot more populated than Ammen Vale and I do not see disproportionately many Shaman leveling my alt which is very much the opposite of what you would expect if the paid boost was a problem.