Dual spec please

So you’re indifferent to it either way, you know it probably won’t ever be added, and yet you’re still here because…?

To make the presence known of individuals that are against its inclusion so that the statement of “everybody wants it” cannot be absolute truth.

If through some strange hobby someone at Blizzard actually is reading this (very unlikely), I want them to know that it’s not some kind of non-controversial issue that literally every player thinks should be changed.

There are some very simple people who look out at the world and think every decision is a simple as whether to have ice cream for breakfast. Other people see a more complex world. A world where one needs to use thinking and reasoning to understand.

Already done.

…and each time you failed to understand so I’m inclined to not agree with this statement anyway.

Nobody is saying everybody wants dual spec.

Plenty have started off threads like these with claims of this exact thing. Look up posts from “Megarune” for example.

Blizzard, we want you to add in Dual Spec and remove the 58 boost

Notice the “we” there, from this other poster.

Also, not just to that, but I want it clear to any reader that there are drawbacks to changing TBCC so drastically in such a way, since such posters also continue to contend that there’s pretty much zero impact on its inclusion in to an environment where it was literally designed purposefully to not exist, and we have literal blue-post proof of this.

An argument that no pro-dual spec poster has ever been able to counter either has been why we shouldn’t just add specs the way they are now in retail, and why we shouldn’t add LFR or LFD?

What’s the point of “settling” for the WOTLK version? Like why would you want the half-baked version of what we eventually got?

What are the drawbacks?

I can see why Blizzard has ignored this thread for so long.

1 Like

We is not a synonym for every one.

It ambiguously refers to more than just them, and the idea is to make it known that if it’s referring to me, they’re wrong :slight_smile:

Well there is clearly more than one person who wants dual spec :slight_smile:

Ah, so in your mind, you think “we” has to mean “me and only the other people who agree with me”. Interesting.

Really? Blizzard ignores 99.9% of the threads on this forum. But you think they have some special reason they ignore this one that’s somehow different than the reason they ignore almost all the others. And you’re so smart you’ve figured it out.

They probably ignore it because they aren’t interested in adding some outdated spec system in to the paradigm of a classic game that never had any form of multi-speccing…because it makes zero sense on almost every front.

The problem with referencing that post is it came from a different era. The Blue post everyone keeps referencing came from a PoV that doesn’t exist in the gaming world anymore.

Social media was non existent and WOW was one of the few online social spaces available. The world has drastically changed since that time. Now we have quick play online games everywhere from LOL to Fortnite and CoD.

Citation needed.

They listened to the threads asking for Vashj and Kael’thaes nerfs, Horde BG queue times, dying servers, but ignored not only this one, but the entirety of the dual spec discussions, which has, regrettably, seen the most participation.

That is for very good reasons and I applaud Blizzard for sticking to their stance. Hope to see you in Wrath!

So did the expansion that TBCC is attempting (succeeding in some areas, failing in others) to emulate.

That’s kind of the magic of a classic/retro server, if not the entire draw. The whole point is to experience a bygone game design paradigm. It’s a haven for those who don’t like “the new way” of things and miss the old ways, or at the very least, want to or don’t mind revisiting it for fun.

Classic realms are not marketed as “the old server content but made to be enjoyable for players who like modern game design ideals!”.

1 Like

Vanilla classic no, in the case of TBC Classic blizzard has explicitly said that changes were on the table.

Yah, and they introduced a few changes, then subsequently after launch introduced a few more.

Promise fulfilled.

It’s possible we will receive no more changes at all beyond the basic itinerary planned for TBCC’s patch progression.

And again, they still made changes in vanilla classic anyway.

It’s also possible we will get more changes in TBC Classic, or do you have a blue post saying they’re done with changes?

There’s an observable and extreme level of in-action on the subject of dual spec thus far, at this very late point in the TBCC experience, that I believe makes a strong argument that you will not see it until the hypothetical WOTLKC, or pre-patch at the earliest, to almost a 99.9% certainty.