Two Alliance races got dark ranger options, while one Horde did

They would look so cool! I think Blizzard just did Nelves/Velves/Belves for now since they already had the skin and eye assets done for those races from old content.

I also hope they separate the skin from the eyes so people can mix and match!

Yeah a NB with red eyes would be dope.

3 Likes

Hope and what will happen usually don’t align however. I have a feeling it’ll remain locked.

Void elves were blood elves until just a few years ago in the game history. There very well could be Dark Rangers that were void corrupted.

1 Like

I mean, there’s no blue or purple eyes on the horde.

I mean blood elves were supposed to go to the alliance as high elves so can you relax with this nonsense jeez.

don’t be bitter.

3 Likes

Honestly, I am just failing to understand on how it works for the Void Elves? I know it is only customizations, but there is no explanation to how the Dark Rangers work for the Void Elves. And I was sort of hoping this morning that this would only be suited to only the Blood Elves and Night Elves.

Oh, don’t remind me.

2 Likes

Bruh saaaame though? Like… not even trying to shame. I just would have assumed Dark Rangers would be specifically Blood Elves/Night Elves.

3 Likes

Because it should have been.

7 Likes

There is a Blue-Eyes Blood Elf on the Horde. Isle of Thunder NPC.

The implication is that the dark ranger high elves on the Alliance are some of the original ones who are returning to the Alliance. Void elves are high elves.

This could have been the blood elf customization that many people were asking for.

I guess it’s time to push for fel blood…

2 Likes

And they killed the entire game by allowing undead elf paladins and druids. Disgraceful and disgusting honestly. Not deserved one bit.

Blizzard owes a lot of explanation on this.

4 Likes

Why is people complaining about this? Nightborne dark rangers don’t make sense lorewise. High(void)/blood elves dark rangers were former rangers killed in WC3 and Kaldorei dark rangers were people killed by Sylvanas in BFA. Nightborne never experienced necromancy/the scourge/Arthas/Sylvanas… Soooo NOPE.

1 Like

It is more of an equity thing. Two races for each faction.

3 Likes

High elf dies, gets turned into an undead dark ranger, the dark rangers stay loyal to the Forsaken. The dark ranger stays with the Forsaken for a time. After the Fourth War decides to go back to Alliance with the Night elf ones. That means you can RP as a high elf dark ranger in the Alliance.

3 Likes

This is disappointing all around. I was hoping Dark Rangers would be a hero class of sorts, open to NEs and BEs only.

1 Like

Lanesh would like a word.

Literally next time Mag lists the like multiple examples of blue eyes I’ll be sure to bookmark it.

It could have been such an easy win for BEs after losing visual uniqueness and yet they fumbled it somehow.

1 Like

It’s more of a petty thing. Horde has more druid races than Alliance. Who cares?

2 Likes