Two Alliance races got dark ranger options, while one Horde did

Don’t forget Druids.

To only mention Paladins feels very slated at BEs but Druids are right there too.

Well it’s no shade or anything, it’s just the first one to pop up in my head. I also reject the notion of Darkfallen Druids and they are instead Emerald Nightmare druids :eyes:

nods

A lot of the grumbling wouldn’t exist if we had all four but right now we got NE and BE Dark Rangers cause of lore, VEs cause BEs got them, and Nightborne is crickets.

Heh, can always make a DK, I’m having a lot of fun on Nochi, Wiggle Goat+ back with a vengeance. And a Kill sat.

#AllianceSweep

It’s really upsetting that Death Knights don’t get to sport the red eyes. Should work like the Night Warrior option. Hopefully it’s a bug and gets fixed. It took a while for the Night Warrior eyes to work on Death Knights.

Ok maybe not ‘really upsetting’ since I’m not that invested in the whole eye debate, but it is a shame.

2 Likes

I knooooooooooooow cry

I also hope the eye/skin gets decoupled, since I like having the scars from the Dk skins.

1 Like

I figured it wasn’t intended.

But I also wanted to add that for context as BEs already get enough people mad, people who say our original customization pass was the best despite losing visual uniqueness during the pass and subsequent pass, people who just seem upset a lot of people play BEs, people upset BEs exist at all Horde side.

So it felt pertinent to point out Druid is in the same boat as Paladin, which doesn’t make it any better but at least it takes the tone away from being directed directly at BEs, but I understand it was just an oversight but I can also see some people actually being upset at only Paladin and always leaving Druid out.

Dude their entire customization update feels so incomplete with how redundant/convoluted some of the customizations are.

Honestly I think folks are confused with how Blizzard decided to handle this entire Darkfallen option. I don’t think this is how any of us imagined it would be implemented.

1 Like

nods nods nods

Can I become a Sylvanas simp and become a raised Rangari?

1 Like

I think, probably, they’re just gonna add stuff to Blood Elves and Void Elves simultaneously from here on out. Doesn’t seem like green or gold eyes are flipping, or jewelry, or stuff like that.

But I think since the blue purple eyes thing they’ve just decided they’ll add it to both.

Nightborne not getting it is weird, but also, there wasn’t a big event that showing that they got changed…

Or maybe they just figured Night Elves needed a solid after BFA.

I was always fine w Paladin being not included for the options on BEs tbh, like I wanted them on BEs but Paladin I didn’t care about being included, I guess the same works w NEs and Druid.

VEs I object to receiving this specific addition as I truly feel it coulda been a win for BEs and yet they fumbled it, though it woulda been less weird if they included NB at that / this point in time.

Honestly I was hoping for BE DR / Draenei Eredar since Draenei are BEs BC counterpart- something for Horde something for Alliance

It’s definitely feeling like this. Which is a shame since there is a lot of play they could add for Blood Elves as a subrace. I thought Darkfallen would have been the easiest thing to give BEs something unique and here we are.

Like I said before, it just came outta left field. I don’t think anyone was expecting it. Blizzard didn’t even build something for this to be reflected and yet didn’t add the option for Nightborne. Idk it’s all weird.

Phoenix infused subrace for BEs :eyes:

1 Like

Our best bet is probably asking for more Light options but I can think of one person who objects because Lightforged Draenei exist which is their right.

But I’m also not asking for LF BEs just more light options.

Yeah. I honestly wouldn’t have been upset if it was blood elf and night elf.

But I think the community reaction has kind of blocked that.

I think Void Elves will get Paladins and they’ll give druids to blood elves and void elves, etc. I think at this point with the weird elven community war they’re just not gonna bother anymore.

1 Like

Yeah. I think that’s the route blood elves are going with the golden eyes thing… and it is visually distinct from void elves. It’d be a weird ask for some void elves. “Can we get them light customizations?”

Doesn’t even make sense for Alliance High Elves. Like, you can say, “Hey give us Paladins because we’re supposed to represent Alliance High Elves.” but you can’t be like, “Also corrupt us with the light and let us worship Yrel’s hooves.”

I just love the idea of phoenix options. That and the phoenix theme fits with the BEs theme/story so well. Anyways… I’ll leave that to the BE fans since I’m not really immersed in their story much anymore.

2 Likes

It’s weird VEs have a popular Horde request rn w Dark Rangers. So I wouldn’t put it past them.

Blizzard has been bending over backwards to placate the whinging of the Void Elfs. I guess this was just a preemptive way of avoiding the backlash altogether.

Its actually disgusting. Should have been Belf and Undead only.

And they want Paladins too. And Silvermoon.

There really is no end to it.

2 Likes

shrugs I just said it earlier because of the old blue eye trolling.

At the end of the day though, there are plenty of Void Elf players rolling around in some Dark Ranger looking mogs and gear, so it probably made a bunch of people happy.

I don’t think it’s particularly lore breaking. Void Elves are a bunch of Blood Elves that defected. But maybe also they’re trying to undo their anti-alliance damage that changed the pop weights too.