Twinks still a HUGE problem

If I wanted easy XP, I would queue for dungeons. Coincidentally, that’s also exactly what I’d do if I had an interest in playing versus AI.

So our choices would be to suffer the twinks again or not PvP? Sounds like we’re just reverting the change and adding nothing of value in exchange.

Seriously, with all the talk about what the game has turned into, I’d think more people would be speaking out against AI as a substitution for real players.

1 Like

That is completely wrong, plain and simple. Playing against players of equal gear is more realistic than anything…there will still be players better and worse geared than you. But none of them will have the simplistic strategies of the AI…you just can’t compare humans and bots, honestly.

Playing against bots in a PvP setting is silly, except for the ocassional brawl just to mix things up.

You’re probably right. A bot likely wouldn’t leave the battleground in the first two minutes of the game after dying once or twice. lol

3 Likes

Nope, instead they’ll all just zerg BS and get destroyed in 2 seconds, lol.

We play against bots in expeditions(unless you PvP them obviously) all the time, they also did pretty well tuning the AI for that Bot event too. I don’t see why it couldn’t be something used honestly. And if bots are less challenging then players, isn’t that a good thing then for people who just want to level through bgs? Your focus is leveling, not gear or competitive PvP. And if your focus is competitive PvP, it doesn’t make sense if you (the general you) are pro separation rather than pro balancing.

I see what you’re saying, but would extending the issue twinks have to the entire playerbase (Possibly) be a good idea? Probably not.

At this point, we might as well just concede twinking for Retail. Classic will bring it back, and while Classic twinking is not what I would consider the highlight of Twinking, it is sufficient.

You don’t have to twink to play the people queue. It would be for people like me, Jadei, Josh, etc… the non twinks who support them.

1 Like

My man, just stop.

If all we cared about was earning ez experience, then we’d turn to the plethora of methods which already exist to achieve that.

We PvP because PvP is a fun way to level.

My options should, once again, absolutely not be limited to either suffering the presence of twinks without adjustment and playing against AI (AKA not PvPing at all).

Let this thought go.

2 Likes

The expedition bots are hilariously bad. Did they actually improve them for the Brawl? I didn’t do it, figured it’d be boring.

They did a great job implementing bots, imo. They aren’t particularly creative or strategic, but they did a good enough job for them to be engaging.

No, not at all…you are treating everyone passing through the brackets like they are 6yo girls that are afraid to get their hands dirty. Just because they don’t want twinks around, doesn’t mean they don’t enjoy real pvp with real challenges. Battling bots is far too easy and monotonous to be a long-term solution.

1 Like

Not all AI. They would just fill some spots.

Let them fill the spots in twink queues then, since we’re all onboard with AI.

2 Likes

You didn’t actually answer my question, so I would still appreciate one.

And when I PvP’d in bgs on my mage (not as much now) I sat at 400+ ilvl compared to 360-370ish average and destroyed people since I had like 50-60k more HP and loads more stats. Arenas is a different story since its rating based and typically higher rating means better geared too.

Ans players totally have super simple minded strats. And again, blizzard literally developed an AI for a battle ground. Probably used some form of machine learning (or should at least) and an AI would be smoothed out over time.

It’d be even worse mixing bots with players. People who are competitive (not twinks), would be in an outrage when they notice 1 or 2 of their players are awful, mindless bots.

Me? Sorry, which question didn’t I answer?

If you want PvP, because PvP is fun, then the focus should be balancing lower levels, rather than separating twinks though, right?

Balancing lower levels would be fairly trivial with a single person dedicated to it. Far more trivial than maintaining separate queues.

Not at all. No game will ever balance for lower levels, simply because the huge majority of players will be at max levels. Max level is generally where the end-game content is, and that will always be where balancing is prioritized.

“For you personally - would you queue for bots for the easier XP, or vs players where you risk playing against (and equally having) twinks.”

You just bashed one but didn’t answer, at least in a way I took as an answer.

Looks at Sul’Thraze and Rammstein’s Lightning Bolts nerfs…

:thinking::thinking:

1 Like