Twinks still a HUGE problem

Is a twink using the XPoff macro exploit to play in regular BGs a bannable offense?

Since 8.1.5, I have done numerous BGs on leveling alts, and twinks continue to be a major problem.

If Blizzard is going to relegate them — as they should — to their own bracket, then twinks using the exploit to continue to play regular BGs should have their accounts permanently banned. Using an exploit to defy Blizzard’s clear position on twinking should be met with zero mercy.

I’m tired of reporting players for cheating yet seeing the twinking problem get worse by the day. Fix the macro exploit, so that it can’t be used, and ban the accounts of those players who are using it. Period.

42 Likes

Tell us more new poster. Only enchant you’re missing is the neck.

14 Likes

A neck enchant wouldn’t have done me any good against the level 70 Fury warrior in full Sunwell gear who GY camped us in the BG that led me to finally write this post.

I don’t object to people using heirlooms, enchants, and gearing as best they can as they level. I do that. But twinks using a known macro exploit to get around the XPon/off bracket split are cheating and ruining BGs for people playing by the rules.

Blizz needs to address this problem more aggressively. Starting by fixing the exploit. Then ban the cheaters.

32 Likes

They should also address people who have missing gear slots/white gear

11 Likes

Perhaps it’s an armory issue, but are your heirlooms not upgraded passed 60?(0/4)

5 Likes

Good call. 2 trinkets/ring/back

Armory issue.

Helm is 3/4, neck is 3/4, shoulders are 1/4, chest is 3/4, pants are 1/4. Everything else is 4/4. Don’t know why it’s showing otherwise.

Slow to update sometimes. You’re considered a twink to some FYI

6 Likes

Just mark everyone that killed you as a cheater.

I play pvp and die… they cheated… have you ever lied to yourself??? Hmmmm

8 Likes

Pretty easy to spot them, either x9 or x0, see them in multiple games and they never seem to level, armory them and they’re full gem slot/enchanted.

Make a level 1 or trial on their server and go to the XP toggle npc and I guarantee they’ll be there.

I’ve started making screenshots with them in BG, their armory and them at the XP toggle npc and sending it in via web report.

12 Likes

Deflection

Denial

We have just a few more to hit before we have the full forum experience in one thread. Justification, anyone?

18 Likes

The other issue with this exploit is that they do not count towards the population cap of the bg. Therefore you can have a 15 man bg where a team may have 16, 17, or more players on one team.

But nah, its not cheating. A few enchants will make up for an extra player or more on the opposing team, right Juga?

3 Likes

http s://existentialcomics.com/comic/9

8 Likes

You win you lose it is ok.

It’s ok to lose games.

1 Like

There are 2 paper bags in front of your house. One is wet and the other one is on fire. Which one do you attack first?

2 Likes

Sorry your thread started off with troll replies. It’s sad what this place has devolved into.

I’m sure some fix is cooking but things like this will take time. Blizzard has had it’s resources cut a lot and their main focus are content patches, expansions and game-breaking things. Yes, it’s annoying that you have bottomfeeders who’re having withdrawals from gibbing casuals but it’s just likely not low-hanging fruit at the moment.

10 Likes

Lold at this.

Considering how it took 2 content patches to get twinks removed from the brackets, I have low expectations as to when the macro exploit is going to be fixed. Unless they were internally debating whether or not to remove twinks for two entire content patches, this seems to be the most trivial of issues to them, not even warranting patch notes.

1 Like

Oh yeah, THAT’S mature… :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to defend the company often but I’m at the point now where I’ll believe it when I see it. It’s safe to assume any exploits will be addressed but I do not hold my breath as they could take months or even not until next expansion.

Yep everytime

4 Likes

Honestly-- Dunno. Kinda depends on Blizzard’s definition. Do they consider it an Exploit?

Your best defense here, is to report anyone you suspect of using the exploit to get into the XP on brackets.

2 Likes