Twinking is back. level 120 style

So now I see level 120 peeps in super high ilvl gear in the lower level brackets queuing with their friends. So yeah it’s basically the same as twinking. Just grab your high ilvl main and queue with a friend in the lower levels. ez pz lemony squeezy.

4 Likes

Except that the high level who is scaled down has;

1.No enchants
2.All Items disabled while synced
3.A forced template with shoddy secondary stat allocation

Resulting in the high level being weaker than people in that bracket due to their gear actually effecting throughput vs a template that even if naked no stats change.

3 Likes

actually not quite true. DHs have a ton of their abilities, Vengeance DHs are even moreso strong down there. You can use almost all consumables there, even high level ones which are insanely op. They don’t beat the likes of arcane mages, but they have a lot of mobility and cc there so they are very useful. all Heirloom items work if they have a special ability, as long as they arent gemmed or enchanted. So it can be better than average but not full twinking. However, everybody is catching onto it and your seeing more and more people doing it so its becoming a non unique dh and dk and higher level play ground.

1 Like

Its funny they removed all the twinks - then for this to happen. Atleast twinks were in your bracket, now enjoy getting rolled by high levels lol.

2 Likes

Wait what, you can down rank into bgs? LOL …

that’s absurd if there are dh in low bg

3 Likes

Heh. Probably. Low level bgs were never balanced anyway with twinks and class imbalances so I gave up on it ages ago.

3 Likes

Except the 120 can wear bis bg level appropriate gear for the bracket, 9, 69, 79* etc, decked out in gems and be a literal unkillable god.

1 Like

They aren’t unkillable lol and gems are disabled… smh

My understanding of it was that the 120 had the same stats in any gear… or no gear for that matter. Where are you getting that gear makes a difference to a downscaled player?

I tried 111-119 so far and every gear piece was scaled down to the exact same amount and everything was disabled enchants gems etc even gliders feasts were disabled

damage wise was doing the same amount as a green quest geared 118/119

I assume every bracket is similar tbh I only have been hearing complaints about dhs at 19 due to the spells

By golly, what WON’T people cry about these days?

1 Like

119 seems to be the best bracket for these. They are as strong as a geared 119 player, have all their abilities, and seem to be close to the power level of a twink. If the enemy has some 111 with 30k health you’ll be sitting around 75k health with fort and wrecking them.

And DH in low level BGs is obnoxious for sure.

1 Like

Uggh why doesn’t blizzard just do this across the board then and add this for any toon who ques up for pvp with their exp turned off have these restrictions placed on them, not separating the ques. Seems to good to ignore at this point.

1 Like

Well if you’re going against the 120 rogue with over 120k health I just saw in a 110-119 battleground, good luck. No way you have a chance when your health pool is 1/3 to 1/2 of his. Some of his dps/healing abilities were way OP too.

I’m gonna have to question that since even fresh 120’s don’t have 100k health.

I find that hard to believe

It’s not twinking, it’s called twanking

1 Like

I also found it hard to believe! But only when 3 of us DPSing him and realizing he wasn’t dying did I look at his health. No evasion or other defensive abilities were up.