TW badges nerfed……? Okay……?

The irony is that this system is what made me interested in actually grinding for badges.

Before, I didn’t want to bother, because doing anything on an alt for it was pointless.

stalkers gonna stalk…not like they gotz anything better to do

I got enough to buy what I want 10 times over.
But this isnt about me…its about someone coming into the game now who has to work 2.5x the work I put in to get the same amount of badges.

Unlike some, Im not always thinking of just myself in here. lol

and as was pointed out above…its not like TW badges are game breakers, lmao…its a lot of cosmetics, a few mounts and some heirloom crap, etc.

Feels like those defending this are seriously bored, got nothing else to do today lol

3 Likes

Those are going to use Bronze Celebration Tokens

There’s going to be stuff for the anniversary used for badges as well.

Lmao this is not fair and only sffects people who had very few to no alts.

1 Like

Hmm do you happen to know if there’s any list/article for it?

I don’t think we’ve seen a full list? But the official article mentioned 3 items;

• Enchanted Spellweave Carpet (Vendor Auzin in Dalaran for Wrath of the Lich King)
  • Amani Hunting Bear (Vendor Cupri in Shattrath for the Burning Crusade)
  • Frayfeather Hippogryph (Bobadormu in Tanaris for Classic World of Warcraft)
1 Like

Correct across the board.

Don’t forget, they are ADDING cosmetics, mounts, toys, and pets. Each cosmetic item is no less than 1000 TW badges. From PTR there is 2 - 3.5 pages of NEW rewards all costing over 1000 TW badges. They want 2500 TW for a single Weapon Xmog.

This is like Tenders all over again. Inflated prices, tons of rewards, and at most you are scrapping by like a homeless person scavenging for enough to get a couple items.

The higher the cost, the less of a point Kekmor has.

Basically anything over 800.

Do we know if those are going to be limited to the event or if they’ll carry over?

There are some event-specific rewards but a lot of it will be from the vendor as part of the regular TW rotation.

1 Like

Again? Was there a second change after the Warband change they just announced?

500 and 500, not 1000, before Warbound. You could not transfer badges, before.

Yes, it is a nerf from how it was at the start of this expansion, no one has claimed otherwise.

It is still a buff from before that.

I don’t get the nerf either, but at least they didn’t just make it so only 1 character could get badges.

Not sure how much of a badge dump the anniversary is going to be since it has it’s own currency, so the lower badge income might not be so bad.

1 Like

How do i transfer currency between the warband?
i have 800 on one cahracter, 1600 on the next

Also heard that the event will be around till 7th Jan,

So if let’s say one has 30 alts, and there’s 5 timewalking events (including the current one):

(5 * 500) + (5 * (30 * 200)) = 32500

So I’d hope this would be sufficient to get things. Although I’m excluding the raid quest. But RIP to those who don’t have 30 alts :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

But this doesn’t worry me if the items just carry over.

From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1fgryut/mrgm_on_twitter_posted_some_info_about_the_20th/

There will be 45 Celebration Tokens per week, so 45 * 12 = 540

My worry here is that missing a week of farm will cause a situation where people can’t catch up.

If you are min maxing tokens of all things, and assuming you do the quest fifty times.

300 + (200 x 49) = 10,100 in a week.

That is still supremely faster than trying to grind out that many tokens on a non transferable currency on one toon before the warband change.

I would have loved to have seen it stay at 300 for all characters (that is a whopping 14,000 tokens give of take a hundred or so) but all in all this is an amazing change for not too much more work.

The hardest part is swapping loading screens to do the quest in your alts.

Now of course most people probably won’t do it fifty flipping times, but just my initial reaction to that math was “oh dang that’s nice”.

1 Like

49 alts tho :sob: :skull:

I think a nice middle ground would’ve been to award additional 100-300 badges if you complete the 5 dungeon quest. Because I imagine they want people to keep queuing up for dungeons so that it doesn’t lead to an outcome where people are done and never run it again.

1 Like

On the character you want to receive the badges open the character window and go to the currency tab. Click on Timewarped Badge and a smaller window pops up on the right. There should be a transfer button. That opens a window where you can select the character you want to take badges from.