Tusks of Mannoroth

Well, continue to update your luck. I will try and do the same tomorrow, but have already run it this week.

That’s because Mythic isn’t a free for all lockout. Once you kill a boss you’re saved to that specific lockout, someone else kills a boss and you can’t kill it that week anymore. So yes, as you stated, you can’t do for mythic and its correlating loot. Thankfully recent raids started introduced ways to skip the most of the bosses.

I’m a nice guy and saved the day with a super awesome video. You can skip through most of it because I didn’t spend any time editing or cropping it up. The magic starts around 2M 50S.

4 Likes

So I tired it some more and figured out what I was doing wrong and it is fairly embarrassing that it took so long.

Both my 120s are on opposite factions. Doh!

4 Likes

Alt #1 = Raid holder, they will never kill the boss. Choose any non-armor type, example you want plate shoulders, use a leather/cloth/mail char for lockout holding, not a plate char.
Alt #2 = desired char who can have item drop and use/learn.

1. Run alt #1 through a NORMAL 10/25 raid(DO NOT SET ON HEROIC OR MYTHIC)
  2. Stop before you get to the boss you want to kill
  3. Leave the raid and press O -Raid tab - Raid info - Click on desired raid and extend it
  4. Create a group in LFG under anything
  5. Jump to alt #2 you want to skip to boss on and apply for that group you set up
  6. Go back to alt #1 and accept alt #2 application
  7. Go back to alt #2 and accept invite, run into raid and wait until your alt is passed lead automatically(takes about 2mins) from alt #1 being offline
  8. Kick alt #1, remove group from LFG listing
  9. Change raid to heroic difficulty and kill boss. Your character who’s saved before boss desired won’t be locked out of it.
  10. Repeat with other chars.

Notes about extending lockout: The first week it’ll say like 1-14 days lockout(depending on day started), when after 2 weeks, it’ll say “expired” and you simply reactivate it for 7 more days on Tuesday, forever till you get what you want.

Other notes: This does not apply to certain raids because they have normal/heroic/mythic on individual lockouts but I recently used this tactic to get Invincible. Just remember to CHANGE TO HEROIC for higher % chance for mounts if you decide to do this for ICC or Dragon Soul.

4 Likes

This is accurate.

1 Like

They dropped on my warrior the second time I ever cleared it with her.

This is no way indicative of my normal luck with rare drops and the only time I get to be all smug about it.

I’m sorry. :frowning:

3 Likes

Yes rhey do.

Don’t forget bonus rolls.

Hello, guys. for the ppl who got it in BFA, i used a mage (13/14) set him as raid lead (heroic) lock and used my war (so far 400 coins including mythic weekly) nothing . im on right track ? thank you.

1 Like

They are available. They just have a ridiculously low drop rate.

I’ve killed Garrosh so many times across 6 different plate wearers…

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve noticed my shoulders disappear when I’m trying to farm for it.

Can you change to heroic while you’re inside the raid?

also do the shoulders drop in normal AND heroic? Or just Heroic?

1 Like

They drop in every difficulty but LFR. I’m pretty sure the dungeon guide shows of its lootable or not.

The reason you dont farm on mythic is because you cant abuse the 13/14 lockout method.

In the case of Pandaria raids, they have individual lockouts so you can run normal, heroic, and mythic for the shoulders. The skip will only work for normal if at all, LFG skip works for cataclysm and below raids.

And yes you can change to heroic if its cataclysm or below raid after entering and and kicking your raid holder.

1 Like

So if you have a clothie and 2 plate wearers - you could clear 13/14 normal; get the 2 plates in for the last boss after switching to heroic.

Then would have to clear it again on normal on each of those plate wearers on normal for another 2 rolls?

Could you clear it on normal with the clothie @ 12/14; then go in on the plate wearers, kill the 13th on normal - change to heroic kill the 14th, then go BACK into the raid on normal and kill the 14th again on normal (since your lockout would be 13/14 on normal)?

If your talking about Pandaria, you have to fully clear heroic and mythic on plate chars individually, can’t switch difficulty. Meaning you can only take normal difficulty skip to Garrosh and you’ll be locked out of normal for the week.

If your talking about Cataclysm and below, no you will be locked to the one you cleared. If you kill lich king on 25H you will be locked to a fully cleared ICC till next week. Can’t go back in normal. Cata and below raids used a different system that locked you to one run per week regardless of difficulty like the way Mythic raids do nowadays.

So you’re suggesting to take the normal skip to Garrosh, then change to Heroic - just for the increased drop chance? But this essentially locks you out of both Normal and Heroic for the same week?

If your only interested in is the shoulders yes, but you also miss out on a lot of gold from earlier obtained loot. Pandaria lets you run normal, heroic, and mythic SOO without the other ones locking you out.

The only thing the skip will let you do here is get to Garrosh normal without killing anything before him. Then leave and set plate chars difficulty to heroic and do a full clear for a 2nd chance at shoulders, and a 3rd time on mythic.

They don’t drop in Normal. Heroic or Mythic only…

So then is the skip useless?