Tusks of Mannoroth

If you’re trying to get them on Normal it is. They don’t drop on Normal.

Must have been changed from when I last tried if they don’t drop on Normal. I remember seeing it a long time ago on Garrosh’s loot table on normal but they always change things so who knows.

Edit: He’s right, the shoulders no longer show on normal like before.

1 Like

To be clear the skip works on normal and heroic.

Well I don’t see them on the dungeon journal, but I see the item on WoWhead. It’s hard to say for sure, but I agree in not risking it considering heroic isn’t any scarier.

I’m really mad, I could have sworn I snapped a screenshot and I can’t find it. I was going to see if I could figure out if I got it on normal or not.

1 Like

If you look here on Wowhead’s Siege of Orgrimmar page, it shows all the drops for each diffculty of the instance. You can see that the shoulders only drop on Heroic and Mythic.

Also if you have the addon All the Things, it also verifies the drops for you for each difficultiy of the instance. I really, really, really love this addon.

I finally got my pair of Tusks from Mythic on Feb 15th of this year, so I can confirm for you that they do indeed drop still.

2 Likes

They still drop. Started farming when I unlocked maghar orc and they dropped after a few months of farming. I’d suggest making a few plate classes at 110+ to farm and doing the lockout trick for heroic so it isn’t so painful.

2 Likes

Glad to know the lockout trick still works! At least in Heroic. I"ve only been farming them on Mythic. It’s such a pain. I miss the raid skips from Legion.

grats! how many mythics you have done to get it ? did use alliance/horde plates too? (450 on coins including mythic. nothing) thx

Thank you, I lost count of how many tries it took but it’s been eons it’s felt like.

Hopefully this makes you feel better… I’ve been farming the tusks since SoO was current. Not once have I seen them drop, not for any of my guildies, nor BN friends. Never. All I ask great-father winter for christmas is to finally after so many years, give me the Tusks of my beloved Warchief… I use Mythic to kill Garrosh because it drops a little extra loot, but I run it on 5 plate toons, I clear it out every week on a high ILVL toon then just kill Garry on my plate toon and I have never in my life seen them drop. I know that its 0.03% if not lower… Please Blizzard increase it. Allow us poor souls to opportunity to reunite with our wee lil Garry… <3 Hopefully this makes you happy to see my struggle…

2 Likes

Oddly enough your experience kind of depresses me.

I had no idea the drop rate was so low.

I suppose I could have surmised it because i have only seen one guy with them and I just assumed it was niche appearance that people had moved on from.

I haven’t had time to do it lately since I am leveling some more alts, but I will get back to it soon.

Would be nice if we could bypass some of the bosses to speed the effort up.

1 Like

the drop rate on this is asinine, i stop doing mythic because was maddening, if we could at least ignore the box boss

and i would be extremely angry if the mount dropped before the tusks

1 Like

I really dislike that box thing. Took me forever to realize that riding the crane up too soon was what was killing me.

They are still obtainable in game else they wouldn’t be in the dungeon journal.

They do still drop but as you can imagine the chance is very low. No one knows but it seems like the Argus scythes low.

2 Likes

Yes, I just got them on my warrior yesterday. 14 kills on heroic and 15 kills on mythic. Which is actually really good considering I see a lot of people saying they have +500 kills and still haven’t seen them.

3 Likes

Congratulations. I am severely envious.

They are still in. I got mine after 4 runs on Heroic. I couldn’t believe it lol.

1 Like

4 heroic runs? I hate you.

:rofl:

Just kidding, congratulations.

Can confirm tusks are still in-game. Just looted them last night (02/09/23) I used to bonus roll farm. Have about 890 kills on my DK, maybe a total of 920 kills account-wide.

Couldn’t believe when I saw them on my last run for the week. Got them soloing on my lvl 45 warr. Heroic normal loot (no bonus roll)

2 Likes