Tusks of Mannoroth

Are these still available in game?

Started farming them last night and when i checked wowhead to see the drop rate it states they are no longer available.

Have they been removed?

2 Likes

I think they are available.

BUT I also think their drop-rate is -5000000000000%

10 Likes

That figures. Was initially going for the mount and to see the place since I never did it when it was current. When I got to the Hellscream fight I thought his shoulders would look great on my mountain cow.

2 Likes

There are multiple people in the WoWhead comments confirming they’ve looted them in BfA. The “no longer available” message seems to be erroneous. They’ve always effectively been a rare transmog item though due to the insane drop rate.

1 Like

Cool. Thank you.

You’ll look like a super star Mr.Moo.

2 Likes

What version are you looking at?

Wowhead still lists the separate raid versions of them, but currently there’s only one actual item that drops, and is then altered based on the difficulty.

That’s the version that still drops.

Version that doesn’t:

I clicked on the first two and they both said unavailable. Was unclear why there were so many listed. Figured it was dup glitch.

You can still get it. It takes thousands of attempts though and a full clear takes an hour. Not a great use of your life imo.

7 Likes

They do still drop, I got them back in october. I believe the reason some of the items show as unobtainable on wowhead is because of the way heroic swapped to mythic during that tier. So the old heroic shoulders that are the ilvl of the current mythic shoulders no longer drop, likewise for normal to heroic. They do still drop on H difficulty and up though.

4 Likes

I received mine probably a month or so into BFA so I can confirm they still drop.

Best thing to do for these kind of farms is get as many characters as you can sitting outside the raid. Full clear except for last boss on a toon that cant loot shoulders (ie non plate) and then extend the lockout and kill garrosh with all plate users you have. Do this by creating a group with the lockout saved, get on plate user to request invite, accept, log back over and kill. It’s an annoying logging dance but saves tons of time.

In the case of tusks farm coins on isle and get coins since you can bonus roll them.

Finally douchiest move of the century but I got the tusks in about 5 clears so with a bit of luck you can get them :wink: sorry not sorry.

5 Likes

Nice little side project for those nights I log in and don’t feel like doing anything else.

1 Like

Does the group finder trick still work? I thought they changed it recently.

Great tactic. Thanks.

1 Like

Depends on what recently is.

I did it for the tusks so I would assume so, but haven’t tried to farm any rare drop since.

Would someone kindly run me through this ‘Group finder trick’ is?

I happen to be in need of these tusks myself, and, um, haven’t gotten them in a couple of runs…

They really gotta implement skips for old raids, like they did with HFC or the Legion raids. Having to do every single part - especially the gimmicky drawn-out bosses like Immerseus or Galakras - is just tedious. Doesn’t help that there’s so much unskippable roleplay.

3 Likes

Garrosh finally coughed up the Juggernaut for me this week but, alas, the shoulders still allude me…

3 Likes

I think you create a group in the LFG/R and I guess select an option that allows it to stay as you log into your alts. Then log into an alt request to join, log out and go back to the original.

You know, as i attempt to explain it I realize I don’t really understand it either.

Will have to play around w/ it tonight.

2 Likes

Would you update this tonight with any results?

1 Like