Tsulong marked as tamable but cannot be tamed

I was referring to difficulty levels of raids and dungeons. Heroic and LFR don’t seem to work, but apparently taming results are varied at the moment, like yours. Some people can tame them all, some can only tame a few and some can’t tame any of them.

Changing the difficulty to normal fixed the issue for me, thanks!

1 Like

My main hunter is exalted with Order of Cloud Serpent. Memorized book. My alt Hunter can tame Cloud serpents and tamed Tsulong. No Problem.

I logged onto my main hunter 10 minutes later and Tsulong is untameable. WTH?

Have you tried on LFR, normal or heroic? That seems to be the important factor in regards to Tsulong. Normal mode seems to be the only one that works. Sadly I found this out way too late, so I am waiting for the weekly reset.

i try to tame it same thing tameable it said then not tameable

1 Like

I have tried to tame Tsulong on 6 different hunter alts, across 3 realms. all on same WoW account. Some can, some can’t. My main hunter, exalted with Cloud Serpents, canNOT tame Tsulong, but could tame Nalak. A new alt, created just a few months ago and boosted to 120, so has absolutely nothing for Cloud Serpent reputation, could tame Tsulong. On one realm, one could tame, one could not and both had no rep with the Order. Had nothing to do with what other pets were being carried (but not out!). Didn’t seem to have anything to do with whether the character had the book or not. I also noticed that upon transferring to another realm, the book I bought and learned before seemed to not be credited on the new realm and I had to buy it again to tame Nalak, but still could not tame Tsulong, even when I bought the book yet again. Something screwy is happening here, or something extremely obscure. All these attempts were on normal dungeon setting.

1 Like

I think it also depends on the difficulty level of Terrace of the Endless Spring. LFR and Heroic do not work, but I have heard that normal works more often than not. Since the Azure Serpent can’t be tamed on heroic but can be tamed on normal that only reinforces my belief. Either way, this patch is a buggy mess. Most pre-patches are though.

I don’t know if you just typo’d or if you mean this. Dungeon difficulty will not affect raids, you have to select normal in the raid difficulty menu below it. Another variable is 10 man or 25 man difficulty?

That said I just now attempted the tame on normal 25 man difficulty, and could not tame. My girlfriend was able to tame him no problem on normal 10 man difficulty last week, but I was unable to tame him on heroic 25 man difficulty. I thought I was able to change from 25 to 10 man heroic and attempt again but I must be crazy as I can not change from 25 to 10 man normal.

What I am seeing as a pattern is this, everyone who was able to tame him did so on normal with no mention of 10 or 25. From my own testing he was tameable on 10 man normal for my gf but not on normal or heroic 25 man for me; I’ll have to wait another week to test 10 man normal. It’s worth noting that while obviously our hunters are 2 different characters on 2 different accounts we both are exalted on our hunter as well as both purchased the book on these exact characters and learned it on these characters. Either way I really don’t think this fickle behavior is intended and really wish Blizz would chime in on this.

Just to add a little more information. I ran over to try taming again on gf’s toon but this time on normal 25 man difficulty and she could not tame tsulong. This reinforces what I’m thinking which is that it has to be normal 10 man and not just normal. Doesn’t confirm it though.

One other difference I thought of is she plays in beast mastery and I play marksman. She was still bm when she attempted to tame on normal 25 man and I just swapped to bm from mm and attempted again on normal 25 man. No go.

I tested this theory of it being 10 man normal mode about a half hour ago. Can confirm that he is tamable there. The boss also resets afterwards, so people can tame him and then continue to clear the raid.

In my earlier post I did mean Raid, not dungeon. Sorry. I tried on Raid Normal, 10 man, BM. Still says it’s not tamable on my main hunter, the one who is exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpents.

Well so much for my 10 man normal vs 25 man normal idea. I’m not entirely sure, past something server side not updating properly with certain characters. If I had another hunter I’d test more but I don’t, and trials aren’t working right currently.

Alright, so it’s still not tamable for everyone, but it seems like those who can are able to do so on 10 man normal. Guessing it’s a bug since the results are so varied.

Some can tame him with no issues. Others need to tame him on 10 man normal. And some people can’t tame cloud serpents at all despite meeting the requirements to do so.

There are other little oddball things happening since the pre-patch. My well-geared main hunter can no longer one-shot those things you have to kill first but a boosted alt with no gear can one shot them. I also noticed different results on different alts regarding the settings for raid normal and 10 man. On one character I set it to raid normal 10 man and the skull that hangs in the entrance when you have it set on heroic is still there. For another alt it is not there. One one character I set it to raid normal 10 man and there’s no heroic skull in the entrance, yet when I get inside there is a heroic skull in the entrance, even when the raid is still set to normal 10. On another alt the entrance remains without the skull but the raid changes once I get inside to raid normal 25 man. It’s like there is no rhyme or reason going on here. I have noticed that on the ones that were able to tame Tsulong, all the settings and the difficulty indicators synced up, meaning their raid was set to normal 10 man and stayed normal 10 man once inside the instance and the entrance did not change to a skull for heroic.

can’t tame tsulong but was able to tame elegon (the celestial dragon from MSV)

Yeah, like I said, results may vary. That’s unfortunate though.

1 Like

Wish I had seen this before I got locked into 25N :frowning:

tsulong can be tame on 10 man normal mode only i did got her or him hehe or it … also undead hunter can tame undead pets to like stinky

After trying over and over and over to get Tsulong on my main hunter, unsuccessfully, the one who was exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpents, where alt hunters could get him, and finding that what the particular character ended up with inside the raid did not necessarily match what you set it up for (10 normal changed to 25 man or to heroic), I created an alt on my other account, for whom the dungeon stayed the way it was set, and had that character take my main hunter into the raid. That worked and my main hunter was finally able to get Tsulong tamed. Yay! That’s the trick. The raid has to be set for Normal 10 man and STAY Normal 10 man once inside the raid. I haven’t figured out why it stays set for some and not for others. I leave that to Blizzard.

That’s because Elegon is categorized as a spirit beast, not serpent. (Although funny enough, Elegon has his own separate issue.)