Tsulong marked as tamable but cannot be tamed

i went in to terrace on 25 heroic, unable to tame tsulong. i’ve seen your replies saying doing it on normal worked, but i can’t change to normal because im locked to heroic each time i try to change it and go back in. giving up on tsulong until next week. went in to shadowpan monastary on normal, and was able to tame azure cloud serpent. looks pretty much the same as tsulong. this is also me having bought and learned the cloud serpent training book on an alliance druid different server than my horde hunter. hopefully this helps someone.

I saw another Alliance hunter with the Celestial Black Serpent tamed and I believe he got it from the quest boss from Shado Pan quest line. Apparently the bosses aren’t tamable even though they say they are.

It was a normal dungeon so I don’t know if it applies to raids as well. Guess we’ll find out when the next reset comes around unless this issue is fixed by then.

Okay. Just went into Terrace on 10m NORMAL and was able to tame Tsulong. NOT able to tame on 25m HEROIC. So the Normal vs Heroic has something to do with it.

Also, interesting to note, when taming Elegon, I was unable to get out of the instance and had to hearth. On Terrace, after taming Tsulong, he respawned for me to kill and finish off the instance. (if you wanted to anyway)

2 Likes

Same here! I was able to tame it on normal. Elegon taming breaks the fight and I cant reset it. Guess it will be 2 weeks to get two Elegons.

Oh, well that’s good to know at least. I’m pretty much SOL until reset unless LFR works. That is a difficulty I haven’t tried.

Edit: Just tried to tame LFR Tsulong. That is a bust.

You can tame 2 Elegons if you run LFR and normal MSV. Not sure if heroic works, I played it safe and ran it on 25 normal. But I got my 2.

1 Like

After learning the Tome I as of right now can not tame any cloud serpents, everytime I try it says that the creature is not tameable

Are you trying to tame one that is hostile to you or friendly?

Hostile, i’ve tried Tsulong, Elegon, the one from Shado pan monastery, even common red ones. none of them are working, I even bought the tome and learned it again just to be on the safe side.

Restarted your game? (throw out your cache folder before logging back in)

This doesn’t fix Tsulong (just tried) but it might help with others.

just tried this, still can tame no cloud serpents at all

Can confirm LFR Terrace is a bust as well in regards to Tsulong. Heading to Monastary to check that out.

(edit) Heroic Monastary, as stated before, is a bust but Normal is fine.

Lor, I’ll hop onto my Worgen and see if it’s a Worgen thing.

1 Like

Can confirm Monastery for the Azure Serpent works on normal but not on heroic. Also for me it broke the dungeon. Boss was still immune after taming and serpent never respawned.

Yeah, it broke mine as well when I went for it. My Elegon encounters broke too.

Was able to tame Tsulong on 10m Normal on the Worgen so there’s something else going on Lor. (Addons off? just throwing things out there)

Might be a normal difficulty thing. That seems to be a common similarity across multiple cloud serpent tames.

All my add ons are currently off, waiting a few days before i even attempt to reactivate them.

not sure if this was directed toward me, but if it was i have also attempted to tame just normal red ones out in the wild and it tells me i can’t tame them even after being exalted and using the tome.