Taming Elegon Results in Broken Boss Encounter

Tamed Elegon boss on my hunter after learning the cloud serpent tome. I was left stuck in his room and had to hearth out. I went back inside to finish up Mogu’shan Vaults, but was unable to progress due to the encounter never resetting. Trying to do a soft reset didn’t work, either.

May be able to get around the issue by using another person’s lockout, but I did not have the time to test this out myself.

Edit: TIL Elegon is categorized as a spirit beast, not a cloud serpent.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue , tamed Elegon , got stuck inside the room, hearthed out , soft reset , flew back to the raid , boss encounter still active even though my lockout says he has not been killed ( was not killed , was tamed ) , I cannot finish the raid because elegon is still active.

Uh, I don’t have the “cloud serpent tome” learned, however I was able to tame Elegon twice… where is this tome?

btw, I tamed him yesterday hearthed out, and then tamed him again today

This bug is so annoying I wanted to tame Elegon a 2nd time but when I went back same exact thing, cant continue the raid even though it shows Elegon is alive… Tried using another person’s lockout but get the message that I am locked to my raid that is broken. Guess we have to wait till Tuesday.

1 Like

It’s sold by the quartermaster at The Arboretum in the Jade Forest.

1 Like

thank you, kinda funny tho, I didn’t need the tome to tame Elegon

That’s because Elegon is a spirit beast, not a serpent like the cloud serpents.

Ah that’s why, thank you

Just do what I did, que for the legacy LFR and it will let you tame it for the 2nd time

1 Like

TIL. Thanks! :+1:

Just tamed him on mythic, and went afk for a min, came back and he respawned so I was able to tame a second one. Then respawned again and was able to kill to progress the dungeon.

1 Like