Tsulong marked as tamable but cannot be tamed

I entered Terrace of the Endless Spring after learning the “How To School Your Serpent” from the Order of the Cloud Serpent vendor. However, despite Beast Lore showing the boss Tsulong as tamable I cannot tame it.

Edit: The Azure Serpent, which shares the same skin as Tsulong, in the Shado Pan Monastery is also not tamable despite being displayed as such.

8 Likes

I saw something very similar. My hunter that is exalted with Order of Cloud Serpent and used the book was able to tame. My alt hunter that is not exalted was not able to tame. Seems to not be working account wide.

1 Like

The same issue, purchased on DK who is exalted hunter sees it as tameable but when clicking tame it says not tameable.

1 Like

I was able to tame Elegon but not Azure Serpent today. I did learn the book on my hunter. On the PTR Azure was indeed tameable. I am not sure about the book being account wide because to use it you need to be exalted anyway so its very misleading dsepite it being BOA. hopefully get some hard confirmation the book is indeed applied to every hunter like the crawg item. but checking other serpents seems the firescale on timeless isle are tameable.

1 Like

I purchased the book on my main (the character I’m posting with) and used it immediately, and was unable to tame Tsulong or the Azure Serpent. Seems to be inconsistent if others can. Was able to snag Elegon but…it’s not the heavenly onyx skin I was after.

2 Likes

Same I got the tome, used it and can not tame Tsulong. I really like / want that skin. I hope there will be a fix, or work around soon.

Its probably disabled because of the fact that the pet is using the bosses abilities. Its tearing up bgs for people who tamed it early enough.

I was in the place not even 10 minutes after the patch went live. I sincerely doubt it was a BG issue.

I was able to tame the one from shadow pan monastery by running it as a normal. Could not do it on Heroic.

4 Likes

Hmm. If I can actually get back into the game I might see how that goes.

same here, can’t tame.

I can tame him in PTR,but not live servers…sad

Thank you for your reports. Forwarding this to the team for investigation.

9 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

ya just got this one,same skin looks still good for me. Thanks for the info

I had this issue too. :frowning:
The shadowpan monastery is the same skin? I’ll get him for now then.

Yeah, once I finally manage to log back in I will give that another go, and make sure it’s on normal difficulty this time. I don’t know if it was the first time I tried, so…

Edit: Normal Shado Pan Monastery allowed me to tame the Azure Serpent. Not the ideal scenario but it works for now. Hopefully Tsulong will get fixed asap.

before my characters vanished my hunter was able to tame tsulong but not milau down in the old vale so random and weird

Same here, went in on Heroic, unable to tame. Ran out and tried on Normal and still couldn’t tame.

1 Like

Same here unable to tame. It pretty much doom my hype for the pre-patch, oh well.