Trust Levels and Posting

For anyone wondering how the new posting works, I found this in another thread. Also helps explain why your posting is restricted for the time being for some people. Not entirely sure if you can view your Trust Level, I’m on mobile and don’t see anything, but you can compare it to your summary accordingly: New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

Trust Levels

Trust levels are a participation system on the forums. The more you post, like, reply, read, and visit the forums, the more you work your way to a higher trust level. Increased Trust levels grant additional privileges. Everyone who is new starts off at Trust Level 0 but will quickly climb by reading and visiting the forums within their first few days.

TRUST LEVEL 0

Trust level 0 users cannot:

• Flag posts
  • Post more than 3 topics
  • Post more than 10 replies

TRUST LEVEL 1

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Post unlimited topics and replies
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts

TRUST LEVEL 2

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 2 can…

• Create links and video embeds to trusted websites like Blizzard websites, YouTube, or Twitch
  • Have an increased “like” count.

TRUST LEVEL 3

Get to trust level 3 by…

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

Trust Level 3 users can

• Create Wiki Posts
  • Post animated gifs, images, compatible video embeds, and links to any website
16 Likes

Do you know if there only specific GIF/Image sites we can link to?

1 Like

I think the numbers are a bit off for some of them blizz prob tweaked them for wow forums like I can post YouTube links but I have a limit on how many topics I can create but it says trust lvl 1 can create unlimited topics

If you post a gif from a website, it should automatically try to embed it here. There doesn’t seem to be any restrictions on websites that you could only post gifs from certain ones.

2 Likes

Oh. So that means some of us started off at Trust 2 then?

Testing twitch link

2 Likes

hmm if his post is correct then yeah i guess so.

1 Like

Apparently you can see your Trust Level. You go to your profile and add .json to the end of the URL and search for Trust Level, I’m currently at 0 according to this method. Which doesn’t make sense because I can post links.

2 Likes

same here, maybe its some kinda inbetween from people who posted before? also is it character specific if thats where its tracking “trust”? so weird and unnecessary

Edit: just noticed it aggregated all my achievement points finally instead of each alt i have only having like 2000. but i wonder why that happened with a forum update if its part of its armory module. friggin weird man.

2 Likes

Says mine is trust level 1 already.

Lets grind it out boys! :smile:

wow, you can hide your profile. guess all the mutliglad level 1s are gonna flood in now.

2 Likes

Multi-glad R1 disc priest LFG

carry me daddy :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah. It’s weird.

Youtube links work seamlessly.

I just got an error trying to link to Wikipedia. Twitch links worked above.

I went ahead and actually tossed the OP into an edit on my first post. Feel free to dig around in it to find other stuff that might be helpful here as well.

1 Like

does that mean I can link dmonlrd 1 & 2

LIT

rip incinerate animation.

1 Like

was testing hyperlinks.

Edit: so if i try to link, embed, or hyperlink a .gif it wont work. but i can do any other stuff easily. hrrmmmm.

what happened

I wonder if gifs actually do only work from certain websites. I didn’t see it at first, but it says trusted sites. It would be nice to know what they consider trusted.

Otherwise what’s to stop a flooding of xrated gifs?

Weekly, we will conduct a meeting in the arena forums discord and decide whose posts (or posts from x class) need to be buried.