Trying to post consecutive comments on a forum thread

The message I get says to let some time pass for other people, but even if it’s been weeks it still says that. I’ve seen other people post one after the other each day for several days in a row.

One thing I’ve tried is logging out of both my computer and phone connection to the forums and that didn’t help.

Are there something else to try?

1 Like

It’s all based on your trust level. There are varying degrees of them that allow for certain perks and privileges of posting, and they do degrade over time if you do not continue to meet the metrics of X trust level.

I share this with the caveat that this is not something that our Blues or any staff has certified, but it at least offers a rough guideline on certain levels to try and aim for if you’re wanting to increase your trust level.

Side note: I recall the most widely used post on this was in the green text of an MVP, but I cannot seem to lay hands on it at the moment.

3 Likes

Do you have a active subscription? Only a couple forums let you post with out one.

The forum software does not let the thread creator make consecutive comments on their own thread to prevent spam bumping threads. I don’t think that changes with trust level, or at least not much.

You found it. That person was an OW Tech Support MVP who now works for Blizzard Community and is not in the MVP program anymore. They go by a different name on the OW forums.

5 Likes

I suppose it is just a software thing and even though trust level 3 says you can spam bump, those players who can must have the level.
Guess I’ll go to general forums and post a suggestion to have some sort of time limit on it. Thanks.

Yes, the auto reoccurring subscription.