Tremendous amounts of information regarding pre-patch honor

I can agree but sadly it still give some player a unfair advantage over others. Blizz made a huge mistake and they seems to not want to make a real fix for it.

And there are videos showing the opposite also during and after those dates.

Also find it interesting that there’s no prepatch video showing normalized honor values. That’s very interesting.

Delete your 30,000+ view thread that is still currently misinforming the community. The only videos showing higher than 20 honor (21 when rounding on some kills) per kill in TBC are the ones showing level 60’s killing level 70’s, because they get a bonus to honor based on level discrepancy.

1 Like

There’s nothing misinforming anything. Everything in that video I linked is completely true and the system that drives it is 100% true. Meanwhile you still haven’t linked a single prepatch piece of evidence of anything.

There are no videos of level 60s killing level 70. You are one misinformation everyone. What a troll. Can’t believe I waste my time talking to someone who says this. The video is clear for everyone to look at. Its all level 60s, 41pt talents on bars, no TBC level 62-70 skills.

Maybe you don’t care about facts.
You don’t care about authenticity.
You don’t care about anything in TBC…
You only care about one thing…

This is literally the reason you are screaming at me across other threads spamming me with replies in other threads so I can bump this pile of crap while you tell everyone on how my legitimate video has level 60s killing level 70s which never happens.

1 Like

Well, I did finally get my weapon (first piece from the honor set) and at the end I had 80 AV marks and 21 AB :smiley:

Save up those marks. when TBC releases, do EOTS also. The concerted efforts NPC is here due to 2.4.0 changes and one of each mark is 314 honor. SO 100 of each mark is 31,400.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsgImO4Dh7U

Figure I quote this more than once since you didn’t read how those videos support my claim rather than debunking it.

The prepatch videos in your original post also support my claims completely. Your thread is nothing more than meaningless spam.

This is getting embarrassing…

Once again:

I’ll link more irrefutable evidence for you to ponder over once my forum image bandwidth is increased. I currently can’t continue to disprove your disinformation until I’m able to link more images.

Yes. Continue to link the same video over and over again because not a single other one will support any of your claims. I’ll continue to link dozens of screenshots from videos and disprove every one of your claims.

1 Like

I’ve already explained it to you. The original pre-patch had honor kills set at 20. One week later they nerfed all honor including HK’s by 30%. That would leave it at 14.

Every single one of my videos lines up with this. Every kill that is 18 was a 2nd kill on that player during the first week of the pre-patch. Every single rank is different on all those kills but they all line up with the facts.

20 - 10% is 18.

Here’s a video posted on December 19th, 2007 of a solo kill on a rank 7 Warrior that gave 12 honor. DR of one kill would put it at 12 from 14:

Here’s a video posted on December 14th, 2006 of a solo kill on a rank 10 Warlock that gave 18 honor. DR of one kill would put it at 18 from 20 if this video was taken before the nerf and uploaded after:

You have one video. One video showing 40 honor from a rank 14 solo kill in AV on the first day of the pre-patch. Tons of hotfixes and display issues going on at that time as I already showed with Blue posts.

You have one video that is easily explained.

1 Like

Vanilla launched in November of 2004. Vanilla ended either December of 2006, or January of 2007 depending on what you consider the prepatch to be. That is either 2 years 1 month, or 2 years 2 months. There is no way to get “3 years” out of that. Still noticeably shorter than Classic, but not by as much as you’re implying.

4 Likes

No surprises to not see a blue post here.

keep up the ghosty work activision

1 Like

Posted by Nethaera 12/12/06, 11:24:29AM CST

Q u o t e:
Now that the Before the Storm content patch has been live for the past week, we’ve had a better opportunity to track the rate at which players are accumulating honor, and subsequently how easy it’s been to obtain honor rewards. In gauging these elements, we’ve determined that the effort required to obtain honor rewards is more trivial than we had intended. As a result, during today’s maintenance we’ve applied a hotfix that reduced the amount of honor gained by approximately 30%. This change allows the honor rewards to be obtained at rate that better reflects the item’s in-game value.

The first week of the original pre-patch the honor per kill was 20. After the 30% nerf the honor per kill was 14. Every single kill in every single one of these videos except for the ONE video you linked shows 20 or 14 and everything below that because of diminishing returns.

Every single video I can find of PvP at 70 shows 20.9 (20 or 21) honor per kill throughout ALL of TBC. This means it was normalized at the start of TBC (pre-patch), contrary to your ever receding claims:

You then moved the goalpost here after I proved you wrong with many vidcaps:

Rank 8 level 70 kill in SEASON 1 giving 21 honor (20.9):

Rank 3 giving 21 honor (20.9) in SEASON ONE:

Rank 6 giving 21 honor a few seconds later:

1 Like

Do the responsible thing and delete your thread of misinformation before it does even more damage than it already has.

Rank 5, 21 honor in SEASON ONE:

Half a minute later in that video, Rank 10 giving 10 honor because it was split between the other player in the vidcap. You can see the green name slightly above the red box and word Champion:

It sure is WEIRD that all these kills are 20.9 honor despite all the RANK DIFFERENCES. SURE IS COINCIDENTAL, DON’T YOU THINK? SURE IS WEIRD THAT I CAN’T FIND A SINGLE VIDEO FROM ANY TIME IN TBC where the honor in a 70 vs 70 PvP fight EXCEEDS 21.

3 Likes

bump.

good post!

1 Like

Honor levels are fine now. You might not be able to get a full set of gear (has more to do with how long the pre patch is) but you can at least get a weapon or 2 to help with the first 5 or 6 levels into BC if that’s what you want. I’m not going very hard and I’m at 55k so far just soloing.

This guy posted an album full of vidcaps showing 14 honor per kill on all different ranks during the original TBC pre-patch. You can search his name on warcraftmovies (Amondia) and the video he apparently pulled them from is there. I’m not going to verify it by downloading it but I’m putting it here anyways.

He was also posting on his reddit username aMondia. You can see in his posts that he’s also a little flabbergasted that huge 30,000+ view, 1,200+ upvote thread of misinformation could have got so much traction.

2 Likes

SO the bonus honor nerf was correct and HKs are correct. Figures it was just people complaining cause they were unhappy. Like always. KEKW.

6 Likes

Holy that is a incredible amount of information and proof Delimicus It’s crazy that any one wouldn’t take this as beyond a reasonable doubt

1 Like

Facts don’t change the point that people abused the exploit and kept their honor.

Wipe the Honor or make it 10x again cowards.

the forums and honor complainers have went very very very quiet recently, we are experiencing a massive drop off in posts daily it seems, we have passed the denial and anger stage and are into bargaining

2 Likes

They are all leaving prob.

Keep shilling Blizzard Shill.