Traveler's Log Tasks Don't Stay Untracked

When the Trading Post first opened, I tracked a bunch of tasks that looked interesting and I thought I would complete. Once I reached the bonus for the month, I decided it wasn’t worth doing any more tasks, so I untracked them. However, every time I start the game now, all the tasks are retracked. It’s getting very annoying to have to untrack all of them again every time I log in.

30 Likes

see if shift + left click on the objective on the screen works?

I have the same problem. Nobully - Shift+left click takes it off, but if you log off the character and then back on, it is tracked again. The problem is it will not stay untracked if you track it and don’t complete the task.

7 Likes

It’s also showing up (tracking) on every single character when I log them in, even though I only enabled it one time on one character. Turn it off and it comes back again. And again and again and again.

17 Likes

When the month rolled over and the Trading Post tasks reset, the tracked tasks from February did not vanish like I hoped they would. In fact, the task I completed came back. Still showing on all of my characters even though I only turned on tracking once, and still won’t go away when un-tracked.

7 Likes

I discovered this myself this month. Aggravating AF

7 Likes

I have the same exact issue as you, to a ‘T’.

To others asking if shift + left clicking works, it works only the same way as untracking from the dropdown - that is to say it goes away until you log back in and re-appears.

3 Likes

same issue and it’s doubly annoying as in recent times i’ve had to resort to playing on a laptop, so this is constantly taking up valuable screen space lol… and i’ve completed this particular task in the first month but it keeps showing up again and again every single time i log in.

3 Likes

Having this problem as well on every toon every time I log onto a character. Very annoying that it won’t go away and stop showing

3 Likes

I think I figured it out, probably another low impact bug so low priority for a fix.

It seems to me that when tracking an objective on the trading post the game tracks it across all alts on the realm, while un-tracking it only applies to the one alt you did so on. (Also, clearing an objective does not appear to remove the tracking to it, just make it not appear after checking that it’s complete, so it will automatically show up as tracked again if it is still an available objective when the month rolls over.) So, when you un-track something then log into another alt it will still be tracked and if you then log out with that one still tracking it, when you log back in to the one you previously cleared it from it will be tracked again.

The way I got rid of them without doing a reset or disabling any add-ons was to go through and un-track the objectives on every alt one after another.

Alternately, I then figured out that the Traveler’s Log tracking is saved in your files in the realm’s folder’s “config-cache.wtf” file under “SET perksActivitiesPendingCompletion” and in each character’s folder’s “config-cache.wtf” under “SET trackedPerksActivities.” So going through while the game is off and deleting that line from each file will reset the tracking without having to log in and out a bunch of times.

29 Likes

Same exact issue here, noticed it last month, but wasn’t seeing too much about it, so figured it was a bug that’d get fixed in a hotfix. Seems that wasn’t the case. Hope it gets solved soon. While it’s certainly not a huge issue, it is rather annoying.

Thank you! This finally solved it.

I logged into each character on a realm, untracked the traveler’s log items, logged out, and then restarted the game. When I logged back in, it was gone from every character.

I will NEVER track another item again, haha!

3 Likes

This is starting to get super annoying. lol. Is there by any chance an addon that will bandaid this until Blizz fixes it? XD

3 Likes

Seriously, this is still going on in June - 5 months after trading post came out .
Does anyone have an addon or something that gets rid of this?

5 Likes

this crap is so annoying. How have they not fixed this yet?

1 Like

Kind of a bummer - I was excited to see a solution, but when I went into the config-cache, that wasn’t listed as an option ='(

EDIT: found them! You’re doing God’s work man! lol, thanks for doing what Blizz is too lazy to.

This is the first month I’ve noticed this issue. Really annoying bug. Like your characters keep reinfecting each other with traveler’s log tracking. But thanks for sleuthing it out and the workaround, Fetty!

3 Likes

Having this exact issue with the log this month, discovered it myself with the lava fishing thing task.

God bless you good sir or ma’am. this worked perfectly for me. honestly, had i known tracking even a single objective in that journal would track it on ALL my characters, i never would’ve done it in the first place.

safe to say, i will never again track another objective to save myself this headache.

3 Likes

This worked perfectly. Thank you!