Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

Took the transfer off Sulfuras only to have nothing happen. Character is still on Sulfuras and stuck in “unable to process until character action complete”. Sitting through the queue was faster, and now I have no idea what happened to this char

1 Like

BLI$$ARD, STOP TROLLING US
unbelievable…

It wont help. The free transfers take 12 hours. It’s literally better to just sit in queue for 3 hours.

Please do NOT lock any of the newer servers without giving a day warning first-- I have friends coordinating their transfers across their timezones and schedules so it would be a shame if a server randomly locks. Please do not do that.

Make a new server. A influx of new players started expected a fresh server ON release.

My original Classic character is on Azuresong, a dead server. Whole guild xfered to Mankrik while I was busy with life and work. I play at super off-peak hours and am unable to play with the few friends I do have in Classic. I can create new characters on Mankrik but not Pay for a server xfer for my ONE main character? >_>

3 Likes

This is so bad haha. I’ll just let my sub run out, not worth all this junk to play a game.

You give no East Coast options really except one single PvP server.

Not good enough

2 Likes

Talking with a few guildies last night, why not create like a sub server? Faeralina2 or something similar. That way you can keep the community together (allowing cross-realm with the sub server only) and actively spread out the community in a way that wouldn’t bring fear of transferring to a small server, waiting for it to die, and transferring somewhere else.

I’ve transferred my Horde characters several times. Started on Thalnos->Kurrinnax->Earthfury->Faeralina. This has all been at my own expense and I don’t want to do it again because I am on a server that has an extremely healthy population. The thing I’ve seen happen time and time again since transfers opened up, is that once there is any sort of doom and gloom, the server breaks apart. Whenever the Horde sadly chases the Alliance off a server too. Watched guilds on Thalnos chase the Alliance off, the community decided to relocate (not just 1 guild, community) to Kurrinnaxx and then the guilds from Thalnos and other servers actively chased the Alliance off there too until it was all Horde. Guilds started to transfer off then too to repeat it.

What should have happened, is servers with an un-even split where it was close like a 60/40 ratio should have been allowed to have the underdog faction brought closer to a 50-50.

The solution now though if we are going to continue down this road, shouldn’t be to give 6 or 7 destination realms, but do to 2-3 and limit the amount of people that can transfer. Have an active counter saying “this server can take 4000 more people before we close down transfers.” I have friends that play on Myzreal. Their server was really slow and they needed people. They’ve seen an uptick of people and guilds moving to their server since the transfer. Servers like that should get more attention so they can see super healthy population. If 20 guilds and a ton of solo players looking for a home went there, they’d be well off for the expansion for example.

3 Likes

I notice there’s a new server in the USEast tab. Can that one be opened up to free transfers? All my PvE server options are for USWest servers that are already medium to full.

Thanks for another non-solution. Another garbage release done by Blizzard.

See you on the next one: Dragonflight.

3 Likes

To Blizzard… I’ll try to make this short and sweet.

Last night I attempted to log in on Sulfuras just to see what the que times would be like only to be met by a 2.5 hour que. Shortly after I discovered action was taken enabling a multitude of over populated and perhaps various other servers the option for free character transfers, with many if not all of them from what I could tell, to the same destinations. I absolutely applaud this kind of action because as far as I can tell it has seemingly enabled me and my friends the option of playing together on the same realm as we have characters on different realms, each with over population lock and thus no option to create characters on perspective realms together, unless all starting from scratch.

I strongly advise you guys explore extending or setting a firm time line on the availability of this type of service in addition to enabling alternate non over populated realms the ability to move to some of these servers. My biggest issue around this whole scenario was essentially being forced to create a character on an undesirable realm as it disabled me from returning to do what incentivized me in the first place to play WOLK, play with friends who already had game investment and little ability or reason to pay for a server transfer. For people with larger groups of friends now spread across multiple servers, ensuring we are all able in addition to having enough time to organize and coordinate movements to the same destination is a very healthy approach to this conundrum.

The inability to play with the people I’d like to or originally intended to without additional fee’s attached at some point is extremely off putting and thus was/is unlikely to keep me invested. Essentially I think the approach to this is phenomenal for now, but the idea that you guys might decide to cut this off randomly at any time is something I’m discouraging. Providing an active deadline when deciding the transfers are no longer needed is a very fair way to ensure players have the opportunity to solve their inability to play with everyone they’d like to, especially if any server is included in these temporary free server transfers to selected destinations. If people do not make such outlined deadline, I would argue that it is more then fair to once again expect service charge for transfers as it would mean you guys provided a fitting solution to enable people to amalgamate together on one of these new servers with enough notification on when it would cease. Just my 2 cents though.

1 Like

So since there are free transfers away from Sulfuras, will there be an option for paid transfers TO Sulfuras in the event my friends do not take the option to move off? I want to play with my friends here Blizzard.

2 Likes

This. The server locks didn’t help ques just hurt people who wanted to play with their friends coming back in the pre patch. This was my personal frustration and it didn’t help now that the expac is live. I came home at 5 and sat in que til midnight and I still wasn’t in yet. If they have the resources to add new servers I don’t understand why they can’t add more layers?

Why should we the players have to pay for mistakes we didn’t make? Blizz could also just give everyone a transfer token or two so that after the dust settles people can go back to where they want without having to pay… if they ever unlock that is

I cannot Transfer because it says my character is an Arena Captian, I cannot Click on my Team and the /Teamdisband 5v5 command isn’t working. Are you aware this is happening and are you fixing it?

Well to your first post, that’s now how layers work. They don’t magically free up space on the server and it is only in high population spots like Orgrimmar/Stormwind or other major cities that this would take place.

To your second post, where did I say you had to pay or anything? It’s a choice you make and it’s clear Blizzard wants to make it that way. Offering you a free way back is great on paper, but if you come back 3 months from now when the servers die down again, what happens when the next phase of content comes out and it’s a problem again? You’re just kicking the can down the road. That’s why I suggested cross-realm mega servers that are connected with their sub server so that it’s essentially just two servers (or whatever is needed) that link together as needed. At least then the community doesn’t die and you’re connected and they can have the areas weave together as needed.

You had 3 years and two releases to learn from this Blizzard. This is pathetic. You are taking peoples money and they can’t even play the game. Wonderful.

3 Likes

loved how the free transfers weren’t working for my toons on Grob lastnight. “error, try again at a later time?” wtf blizz? wow :clown_face:

1 Like

The communication piece of what your saying is so key. We are making decisions with the only information being “low” “medium” “full” and “locked”.

Outside of that all we have is crowd sourced information that can be wildly inaccurate. People are moving in groups that can range from full guilds to small groups of friends. No one wants the door shut behind them when half their guild is still trying to get over.

Which has been the issue created with Sulfuras clearly. They let a shotgun blast of people through with absolutely no filter and created a nightmare they were intending to fix. It makes absolutely no sense to let transfers like this go unabated. Yes, nobody wants to be left behind in their guild and friends. However, if say my GM wanted to look at a new server for some reason, we as officers would sit and figure out what server and if it has what we need. If they said, “this server has room comfortably for 2000 more people,” then we could say to our ~70+ 2 raid teams and non raiders in the guild that we have room on a new server and we don’t feel based on the information that is provided it’ll be a bad move. (Edit) I think another thing to note and Blizzard should really contemplate this, when you screw up something like the transfer to Sulfuras, people are going to be extremely hesitant to trust that this won’t get botched again. One server was too few, and I am of the belief that 6 servers is too many.

Hell, even having a slight queue isn’t a bother. I would happily wait an hour to get into a full server. However, waiting 6+ hours to play for less than half that isn’t great. Jumping from one server to another that potentially has another 5-6 hour queue in a week seems like a really bad idea. Even before noon server time Faeralina had a queue start. Generally speaking, I personally get home at about 5 or 6 server. Even immediately putting myself in queue when I get home on a given day, I won’t be able to play until 10 or 11 server. Crazy.

2 Likes