Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

I had a similar thing happen to me. I boosted on benediction to play with friends and have been playing here for over a week and was getting ready to transfer my warlock from whitemane - alliance over when I was stopped by an error message saying servers are locked. Is there a way for devs to unlock transfers to characters on the same account to a “locked” server. I’m playing on benediction regardless at this point but the difference is am I playing my main character (lock) or my fresh boosted alt (pally).

It’s crazy to me that they wont allow transfers to characters on the same account. Guess we wait and see what happens.

1 Like

so i opened a ticket 5 days agao US85843312 id be willing to xfer my toons off faerlina but i just xfered to faerlina from mankirk like before all this population issues started to happen if i could get someone to look at my tickit and help me help you i would liek to go back to mankirk and possibly get some credit i was on oldblanchie in p2 and that server got crushed and id like to go back to the lower high pop server at least lol if a dev is looking at this let me know what we can do and possibly get some credit back bc i spent alot of money xfering all my toons

1 Like

Hoping on the band wagon here.

Realizes classic WoW.

Charges the normal sub for it again.

Relives all the old issues (granted for the classic state).

Doesn’t offer enough servers and layers at times.

About to enter arguably the most popular expansion for WoW in it’s history.

Fails to realize the amount of inflow and offers free character transfers to appease and redirect population.

Offers no new solution when people have made their WoW family and guild on a respected server, and don’t want to move. People also see this as kicking the can down the road and do not want to pay or wait for the transfer fee back (from presumed to be unwanted or dead server for the character in the future).

See servers struggle and crash; condescending suggestions to move your character is the #1 reply.

Login in times are spiking to 4+ hours.

And Blizzard’s customer service/team/players are actively show negativity and chastise their player base.

Blizzard why are we not getting some server love? If you are worried about overhead or your new Microsoft overlords are pushing for “more with less” company dogma down on you, are you not realizing the amount of money from the amount of people that want to play and walking away? If someone could actually get a workable plan to solve these simple things, it would pay for it multiple times over and save face for the ever failing reputation of this company.

I write to pin this; I hope you have something in the works already.

Your biggest fan,
Stan

1 Like

Most of my toons that I care about landed on Remulos because not packed. It was a PvE server, which is what I’m playing on these days (no time for WPvP.) The server is also balanced enough to make it feel like WoW. It’s actually the best server I’ve been on so far, and feels closest to the old days. (I actually paid for these transfers.) If Maladath gets funky for whatever reason, I’m going back to Remulos.

I hope Earthfury bounces back to that.

They’ve gotta live with themselves. Sorry you had to deal with that.

2 Likes

Why is Blizzard not just connecting the realms like they’ve done with the old classic realms? It’s ridiculous that in 2022 I can’t play with some of my friends because they’re on server A and I’m on server B playing with a different group of friends. If they were connected, it wouldn’t really matter what realm you were on and more people would transfer to others. Queue times would go away for everyone. There would be no more “mega realms” or dead servers.

1 Like

Please unlock Eranikus for new and returning players.

3 Likes

Triste é os amigos que ficaram de fora, porque receberam ontem. 7 amigos jogando no Skyfury lvl 70, e 2 fora do servidor.

What is going on with Whitemane? You have talked about all the other locked servers. Where are we supposed to transfer to? My guild is stuck on 2 different servers as we moved from Oceanic to NA West to better accommodate our times.

1 Like

I would also like to know Mankrik, it’s not even locked, no free transfers off, so why is it locked from transfers to it? We also lost half our migrated guild mid transfer.

DO NOT TRANSFER OFF OF YOUR SERVERS TO ANY OF THE NEW ONES ITS A TRAP! People are getting there money stolen by blizzard people are buying the boost pack and are not able to use it on any of they new servers it’s literally stealing from people by offering a service you can’t use with out telling anyone and it’s taking a minimum of 3 weeks to get a refund between waiting over a week to get even in touch with blizzard not to mention the week it will take to get the money back ITS A TRAP DO NOT TRANSFER!

I donno, the options kind of suck at times, I mean if your East your offered West servers for some reason, if your pve your offered pvp server, maybe it’s just me but really this does not make sense to me

This concept does not even take into account those of us who have friends waiting to join WotLK classic on release / or those of us waiting to join our friends on these mega servers. Our group of friends reside on Grobb. Any friend that has not made a level 1 toon is unable to join us. Even if we transfer to Eran, our friends are yet again UNABLE to join us. leaving our only option for FCT to Old B (which is an embarrassingly low populated server and NORMAL).

Unless our entire guild/friend group decided to do paid transfers to some random/underpopulated/high risk server not on your FCT list… WE HAVE NO OPTION TO PLAY WITH OUR FRIENDS! They are latterly stuck outside the gate weather we choose to stay on Grobb or FCT to Eran. Grobb/Eran = not an option. Old B = not an option. Any server open to paid character transfers = not an option.

Blizzard. The reason your paying user base plays Classic. Is to be with our friends and guild mates. You have made this an impossibility.

PLEASE FIX YOUR MESS and find a way for friends to go into WotLK together on launch!!!

The fact that they have an East coast, pvp low pop server sitting here (Earthfury) and have not said a word about it while there are still outrageous Q times and plenty of potential to build it back up is beyond insane.

2 Likes

While they at it kick all the East coast people off Grob. Queues start shortly after east coast people start login on mass at noon PST. As someone on west the only way i can beat the rush is to login remotely from work and dodge the afk disconnects for 5 1/2 hours until I get home.
Knowing my pressing space bar every 9 mins doesnt feel good, but till Blizzard fixes what I see as their problem Im going to do what I must to be able play at 5:30.
Which ever of their blues compared swrvers to Disneyland being overcrowed and queue to standing in line for ridea needs to get busy working on the fast pass equivalent to end the need to remote log as overall its completely unhealthy and counted productive to everyone. I work for a living and want to come home to a time slot I can relax playing wow. Anyone feel thats too much to ask of this small indie company?

Does this mean Season of Mastery characters will not be able to transfer to full realms?

Is Eranikus already closed to the free transfers? Trying to xfer over from Faerlina, but it’s saying the server is not currently accepting character transfers…

4 Likes

I am also having this issue, but theres no way its permanent. its growing but not full yet.

1 Like

Don’t let these servers become 99% servers.

Thanks in advance

I’m having this issue as well

2 Likes

What is the minimum level of Free Character Transfer service? Is there a limit on the number of gold coins?