Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

Prove you care by guaranteeing a free transfer back as soon as the server actives drop below a certain threshold. Until you do that you’re going to have this problem endlessly until the whole game actually dies. You won’t do it because you don’t really care about the player base health, just care about the chance at squeezing some more money out of us to transfer back later.

Hello Kaivax, I am unable to transfer due to a bug, It says I have to clear all my email but there is no email, auction or quest that should send me something like that.
I waited more than 36 hours still no new email, no auction so I am not sure what I am supposed to do. I opened a ticket and I am still waiting for a reply.

Help the people out on EARTHFURY. Please. coming back for Wrath to a dead server is unplayable. nothing to do but farm for a non-functioning AH, or Bg’s.

2 Likes

I’m Alliance on Grobbulus and I would consider transferring to Sulfuras but cannot.

Not sure I’d transfer from Grobbulus to Eranikus because it’s a significantly lower pop server and have reservations about it’s staying power.

You guys have Eranikus locked to all servers except the big 3. It makes the server just look like a release valve for the 3 other vibrant mega servers, rather than a serious option. Perhaps if you’d consolidated other small/dying servers population onto Eranikus to give it a base…I could take it more seriously.

As it stands…the Sunwell raid isn’t open on the server and there are barely any Alliance guilds recruiting on the server Discord for Eranikus. Not a great early sign.

They have to allow the transfers to the realms when the population goes down and everyone starts quitting. There’s a lot more motivation to Xfer off a dead realm than there is to leave a thriving one, and they know it. Here’s how it will go down. Wrath drop, insane queue, starts to level back down slightly to 2-4hr queues before the raid, then going back up to unplayable on raid drop day. Queue will become light or normal down to under an hour within 2-4 weeks due to people getting discouraged who didn’t hit level cap and xferring off or quitting, as well as guilds who can’t raid and are bleeding people xferring off. During the first 1 or 2 raid weeks, or on the raid drop they usually do a bot ban wave too which helps with the queue.(notice they aren’t releasing any statements about doing a bot ban wave now, because it’s actually more profitable to keep the bots around to inflate queues until the raid drops). Then give it 2-3 months, dragonflight release date, more retail hype, queue times will be non-existent. New growth servers will start to wane. Dragonflight drops, all the retail die hards run back, and now people have to Xfer back over to make “megaservers” again to enjoy a normal economy. I’ve been watching this cycle happen since the original wrath drop, and I’ve been on illidan/mal’ganis since that time.

2 Likes

Hello,

Something I hope you will consider. With current queue times on Grobbulus I would be willing to transfer to a new server but there is a problem with this new realm Eranikus being locked to character creation. A friend of mine will be creating a character to play with my brother and I and if I take this transfer from Grob he cant play with us on the new server either. Surely since this is a brand new realm you guys can open it to new character creation and monitor the transfer numbers. The other solution would be for me to pay to transfer all of my characters somewhere that is not locked to new character creation and frankly this is not acceptable, especially since I have already payed to transfer my characters within the last year.

Thank you

4 Likes

i really hope so

Exact same boat my guild is in! Most of us made it to Grob but the lockout has cut off a quarter of our guild members.

Those of us that transferred can’t pay to play with them because of the transfer cooldown, and they can’t join Eranikus where we’d be able to FCM. A total bind and a guild breaker

2 Likes

I’m sure that this has been suggested before but I believe only having one server with an infinite number of layers needs to be implemented. I know we were trying to preserve the feel of classic with classic and TBCC, but we’re passed that point now aren’t we? I’m curious to know what the opposition has for an augment against an idea like this.

Please let us transfer characters to locked realms if we already have characters on the locked realm! I have characters stuck on grobbulus that I want on faerlina. Why can I make new characters on faerlina but I can’t transfer existing characters to the same server? Please fix this!

5 Likes

A friend of mine had this issue in the past. Are you the guild master of your guild or leader of your arena team?

Yeah Im locked out of playing with my 4 roommates. I know why didnt I make a toon, well I work and thought I had a toon on their server but found out our server was shut down and my toon is on a different realm.

So why dont they xfer? Well I need to make a new toon and most dont have the option for new toon because I don’t have time to level another pally healer so was just gonna boost (Pally is my main and Ive leveled one 6 times why do it again) I was waiting for the scourge invasion and have missed it now since it was early.

Why don’t I just play on a different realm? Well there are no other RP realms and there is no cross realm play. I literally can’t play wow with my own husband right now.

I have serious FOMO even watching them wait in the queues while I work during the day.

Please give us reasonable transfer options so I can convince my friend group to move somewhere I can play with them and our other friends that are locked out right now. Another RP PVP server would be sick.

Or like other suggestions create temporary realms for Grob to merge with once things level off that we can copy characters to. We know Blizz has the tech to copy characters to new realms and game versions.

The things that matter are the population relationship between Alliance and Horde there has to be a plan.

3 Likes

If you are restricting transfers to a server you should also offer free transfers off those servers.

I began server transferring from Westfall to Pagle and as I began my 2nd character transfer I was restricted.
Now I have half my characters and half my professions on 2 different servers.

3 Likes

Please lock Sulfuras transfers. We are really even Ally/Horde and now we have a multi-hundred queue.

Edit: over 1k queue now

3 Likes

Yeah lock the realm now before it’s too late, insanity.

2 Likes

lock the realm Sulfuras or unsub this is mad dumb

2 Likes

It is time to lock this realm…please before the que times get even bigger.

3 Likes

yo for real close the server sulfuras already >1k queue

2 Likes

Any news on Skyfury/ new PVP freshie? I was in a 9800 queue at 5:45pm EST

Excellent! Would you like me to give you the instructions or are you OK to google it? :laughing: