Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

so horde players are stuck nice

Yet another issue unveiled by poor decision making from Blizzard. Consistently failing to see the cause and effect of their implementations. What an awkward situation- no boosting here but transfer your decked alt characters and camp lowbies for PvP immersion and communal fun! Definitely kills the “new” server vibes.

1 Like

Yesterday in a post you said, and I quote:

As a result, we’ve made the choice to effectively close US and EU mega-realms to new and additional incoming players indefinitely. We will also be monitoring our other realms and will take similar steps if they begin to inch into mega-realm territory in the future, and we may do so with little to no warning. We’ve been hesitant to this because we really dislike restricting player movements and potentially breaking up social circles, but that ethos is no longer compatible with the reality we find ourselves in.

This is so heinously unconscionable to me. What exactly do you think is the reason people play a game that they’ve already played once 17 years ago? I want to play with my friends, and it’s not my fault that you’ve restricted transfers NOT ONLY to the mega realms, but also to realms like Mankrik that you “fear might creep up to mega realm territory”.

Your game does not have the playerbase to support the number of servers that you have, leaving servers like Earthfury so dead that I have literally been unable to find four other horde players to group with at most times. The solution is NEVER going to be to punish us for that.

Absolutely pathetic.

4 Likes

I wish i could move my main to where my alt is
 but cant transfer from bene to pagle, so what im screwed? this is nonsense blizz. If i have a character on that server, i should be able to transfer to it.

4 Likes

is there a reason why I can create new character on Grobbulus but I cant transfer a character over? and if there isnt
can we fix this?

3 Likes

It’d be really nice if boosted characters didn’t have the transfer cooldown right now, since ALL boosts are disabled on Eranikus.
Or if Eranikus started accepting paid transfers. Guilds got split because of the sudden transfer lock, and we’re trying to regroup on Eranikus, but we still can’t get everyone because there’s no paid transfers.

1 Like

I’m on Faerlina
Eranikus is new and is now Locked / Full,

Where the heck am I supposed to transfer?!

This is absolutely insane Blizzard.

1 Like

NAh man, I was on the Server Incendius we had a healthy server, and tons of people transfered making it a mega server.
People could log just like what you are wittnessing today.
They offered free transfers and the Horde left by the guilds.
The guilds all worked together to stay together but all left.

This killed the server for horde, making it aly server, over time they left and the server died.

They are going to do the same things here.

Is there any possibility paid character transfers could be treated the same as creating a new character on these full realms? If I already have a character on one of the full realms, I am still able to create a new one. It makes sense to me for paid transfers to also be allowed to those realms if you already have a character on the realm.

5 Likes

why in the world is by only option to transfer is from an East coast server to West coast? WTF? Blizzard thanks for ruining another experience for me. Time to bow out and say Farewell.

PLEASE open ALLIANCE transfers from faerlina to sulfuras! I have 2 alli level 70 trapped in a full horde server!!

3 Likes

After talking a classic tbc break and coming back in the wrath hype. I found that my entire guild transferred servers and I am now in the less than 1 percent faction minority. Server transfers are locked to the desired realm, but you can still boost a character on that realm. So the options become boost a character on the new realm or hope that server transfers come back up. It’s hard to leave behind a character that you have put hundred of hours into because a realm “might” become overpopulated. Meanwhile you are still taking up the same amount of space on the target realm by boosting a character.

IMO. If you want to get people to move from these overpopulated realms, you need to offer something other than free transfers
which you arnt even doing in some instances. You should grant some sort of incentive like xp buffs or even free play time.

Are there any plans to open Eranikus up to paid transfers at some point? We have a few friends who weren’t on Bene/Grobb/Faerlina who were trying to coordinate with us.

We were stuck in queues and moved hastily as requested, but it unfortunately meant we didn’t have enough time to coordinate with everyone. Would love to get them here with us, even for a price!

1 Like

Please for the love of all the Gods in Azeroth, NO “cross realms.”
I came to classic to get away from CRZ.

1 Like

We’re in the same boat, guild got split up because not everyone transferred onto Grob in time. Now we’re trying to meet up on another PVP server and Eranikus is locked to everyone but Grob and the other megas. Absolutely frustrating, I couldn’t even pay for a transfer to go back because of the transfer cooldown !

1 Like

Please open up Eranikus for everyone to transfer !! Our guild got split up because of the lockout on the Mega-servers, this is the only way we’d be able to play together :frowning:

This is absolutely INSANE. Im on Faerlina & planned to transfer to Mankrik (Which has less than half of the population & no cues) All of my friends are there & then Blizzard locks all the servers that are worth switching to with less populations
 PLEASE CHANGE THIS BLIZZ.

My character got left behind on Grobbulus because it had one mail in the mailbox from runecloth that I sold and all my other characters are on Sulfuras now. And you guys won’t help me transfer my other character back? that is messed up because its not like it will change the queue times on Sulfuras if you help me transfer my one character with my other characters. I only had one day to transfer I transfered all my characters from Grobbulus to Sulfuras and one had mail in the mailbox. So i waited in the 3-4 hour queue all night the next night just to open one piece of mail and when i did i tried to transfer and the transfers were already closed. You guys messed this up because you could have opened transfers to more than one pvp realm at a time. You need to fix this. I’m not going to pay $25 to transfer my character because you guys do this all the time. Last time my shaman and warrior were stuck on an unpopulated dead realm for a couple years with nothing to do all because you guys are messing up transfers all the time. You need to fix this now. Stop messing around doing useless things. How am I supposed to enjoy the game when my characters are not on the same realm or are on a dead population realm and you guys only fix it when you want to? This is infuriating.

2 Likes

I love that the servers to transfer to atm are locked like the one I’m playing on so I can’t do anything with anyone.

please sir kaivan open transfers, Grobbulus to sulfuras, help us make it a pleasant gaming experience and not a nightmare, manage to transfer 1 character out of 4 that are in the saturated Grobbulus please only about 2 more days so that many alliance GUILD can be organize and transfer to SULFURAS .
Thank you, good day