Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

It’s weird for blizzard to only realize that this is a problem a year or two after everyone paid to xfer off their servers. I still remember them commenting about how overall across all the server the factions were balanced, so there was clearly no issue with servers becoming 100% of one faction or another. Letting people destroy their communities for a mega server was letting the situation with Cata happen all over again, and only now, after they’ve gotten all our money, do they seem to care about “fixing” it.

1 Like

Old Blanchy is hella dead wtf. Just offer them all to Sulfuras lmao.

I mean, name the better options lol.

They killed all the servers in the realm consolidation…

Thats what 40k+ people all paying to xfer to one server get tbh. Player created issue

this is literally the only way to stop faction imbalance on PVP servers, which incase you havent noticed theres like one PVP realm that is pretty much equally split with factions.

You want free, you got it. If you don’t like it then pay for it

Why even allow players to create new characters on a server that its already marked as “full”? You are creating the over population yourselves. If you did not have a character already created on that server with “x amount of playing time” invested already on the server. You should not be allowed to create a new character in a full server when a new expansion comes out. It is just not logical now the players who have been playing for a while in these servers have to deal with 2hrs wait time to login, how is that fair play?

3 Likes

Probably less “dead” than the servers they closed though. That’s why they are funneling people there that want to go. To get it moving again and maybe free up some space on the “big 3”.

It really bothers me, pretty much why i have only level capped at 60 with one toon throughout classic.

The entire aspect of fun for me in WoW Vanilla, TBC Vanilla and WOLK Vanilla were world pvp encounters while questing and helping people level. Sure, raiding and PvP are fun end game aspects, but in classic the fact we’ve already done all this crap makes all that too easy and its a farm fest.

All Horde or all Ally servers are garb

1 Like

Its not gonna work Kaivax… No one is leaving these servers because they can’t maximize control. This is a complete waste of time.

Don’t forget your tinfoil hat.

They could allow free faction changes to horde on Bene / vice versa on Faerlina. I imagine that’d had the potential to alleviate some of the server pressure to some degree.

2 Likes

Yes lets take benny offline to incentive people to transfer. Only to have them transfer back when they realize their new server is dead.

This is how this garbage company still rakes in the dough.

1 Like

Doesn’t make any sense, neither financially or for customer satisfaction… financially you will have servers that have Only one faction (as usual) causing the servers to be running half at their capacity, thus causing Blizz to require to have twice as much servers to accommodate the excess players of one faction or the other. And I already explained why this is not good for customer satisfaction.

Sure but you’d still have to convince people to leave from the “high pop” faction to make that work.

too little too late.

As always.

Just a shadow of you used to be. As always.

emphasis, of course, on probably. speaking as an old blanchy resident, i tried to find mongoose yesterday for a brutal weapon and struggled immensely. i’ve been trying to find epic gems for my gear and literally cannot. find. someone. to. cut. epic. gems.

yeah totally reasonable, healthy, thriving server.

old blanchy had two guilds who cleared sunwell plateau pre nerf. one of them, my guild, transferred. i had to wait a while longer, went to transfer today, and couldn’t! neat!

guys. don’t transfer to old blanchy. you’ll regret it.

2 Likes

Priority queueing would be a good way to do that. For some reason they never felt the need to pressure the overpopulated side into server changing, they just applied the same rules across both lanes even though one lane is way more filled than the other.

1 Like

At this point in Classic’s lifespan, how come Blizzard isn’t able to extend server capacity for very high population servers like Benediction? Your company has the money and server infrastructure to support even a 100k population realm, but you guys continue to squander this opportunity and force PAYING subscribers to sit and wait in hours of ques. Why can’t you guys actually care about your player base for once and do what is needed to maintain a healthy server population and extend the capacity/bandwidth of high population servers? Its getting old and people are tired of paying a sub to wait hours to play the game.

2 Likes

Imagine paying for 8 transfers just to move a gbank worth of items

Imagine offering trash tier destination realms to attempt to entice people to move off mega servers

Imagine paying a sub fee, a xfer fee, a battle pass and a store

1 Like

Maybe I would transfer or maybe I wouldn’t but now that Bene has crashed I don’t even have the option since I can’t access the game at all