Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

Just to share my personal story a bit as everyone is trying to figure out what to do in very strange times.

My toons are on Whitemane in TBC, but the guild I was in has died out essentially. Whitemane is still a good server, but some of my old friends who I was planning to raid with are now on Grobb. I can’t go to Grobb, which is fine. But now they’re talking about moving to Eranikus. I can’t move my dudes there because I’m on Whitemane. They can’t join me on Whitemane because it’s also locked for transfers.

Please, for the love of everything, just make all server transfers free until WOTLK officially releases or something, so players in positions as mine have some freedom of choice in going to other servers to help alleviate these problems that you are asking us to help you alleviate.

We would be happy to all jump to a lower pop realm to play together, but we all have to pay for it, and that really feels terrible.

1 Like

@Moledude I hear you and it’s even worse for us Alliance stuck on Whitemane:
“Full” but Dead Servers: Whitemane, Pagle

We need to continue to press Blizzard for a solution!

1 Like

Btw to all the shills commending Blizzard on a job well done with Sulfuras and using as a “look its working” check the actual raid scene on the server. 0 6/6 alliance guilds 0 BT clearing guilds. literally no one has cleared anything meangful on the server and this includes pre patch where those zones were absolute jokes.

2 Likes

Similar boat honestly…

We have a couple guys who xferred when we settled on our server like 5 weeks ago to bene and they’re transfer locked EXCEPT maybe to the FCM (free char migration) servers. Thing is… We picked bene cause it was a stable alliance oriented pvp. The FCM Sulfuras was heavily horde and eranikus could slide wildly in either direction we just don’t know. The instability makes decision making impossible. We’d rather hold the fort on bene OR move to a server that’s stable and known. But the xfer locks prevent us from choosing to do that.

Basically we don’t want to be leveling / farming early and sucked into world pvp constantly detracting from the goal of doing content at max level.

1 Like

We have disabled new character creation and incoming paid transfers to the US and EU mega-realms, and they will remain locked indefinitely.

This is awful.

Blizzard needs to accept the people want to play on the servers they want to play and stop trying to move players where they think we should play. Can we please work on increasing the server capacity instead?

1 Like

I have been trying to transfer from Faerlina to Sulfuras all day, and Faerlina has either been down, or the AH has been down and I have active auctions, so I’m unable to transfer. As of 2:53 pm EDT the AH is still down and has been down since I was able to login to Faerlina. Hopefully the free transfers will be extended because of this AH issue. As far as I can see there are many people in the same boat as me currently.

you should really read the blue posts talking about capacity. They’re literally taxed as much as hardware and current technology will allow. Short of a modern/retail wow solution nothing further can be done. And it’s pretty clear that many in the classic community (not me personally) do not want those types of solutions

Only blizzard refuses to share data. Bc then theyd have to defend the scrutiny.

They seriously kneecapped anyone that committed to their server and was then won over by their most recent statements about realm stability or success.

I hope that they reconsider either the timing or these restrictions to allow people that made commitments over the weekend to reconsider the free transfers.

I am on your side. bro

Ok so my guild was actively transferring to sulfuras as we speak today and now half our guild is on grob and half on sulfuras. at this point what do we do???

According to Blizzard?

Start 2 new guilds and never play together again.

I’m sorry :frowning:

Open ally only transfers ffs

They are lying. Why? No clue. But A52 has like double the pop of Benediction and our only source of Population info suggests that there isn’t much of a change between prepatch and now, yet we have a 15k queue? This doesn’t really make any sense.

Please consider re-opening alliance transfers, I have many friends that didn’t get to transfer

1 Like

Can I get an answer to any of my posts? Kinda getting old getting Ego’d by a community manager while getting goon squadded by a bunch of shills who attack you anytime you question anything blizzard related

I was highly torn between playing WOLK or not… Of course if I was to play I’d like to play on a server where my friends have gone to play… otherwise what’s the actual point or incentive to playing this game? Well, you’ve actually locked my ability to play on the server where my friends have gone meaning ill probably be uninstalling warcraft before I go create some random toon on some random server to play with alone, especially because I don’t intend to create a character after the fact and burn time and energy trying to catch up, nor am I gonna go start a toon on a different server to have to pay to move to the server I originally wanted to be on.

Unfortunately I continue to be disappointed by the decision process of whomever manages this content. After taking my time to do my research and prepare myself to invest in a class to get started on during time I had specifically allotted due to freedom from IRL responsibilities, essentially I’m being told I can not play the game with whom I’d like to play, how I’d like to play. It angers me that I actually pay a monthly subscription for this kind of service to put it politely. If I want to sit in que for hours waiting to get onto a realm to play with friends that’s my choice. There are other alternatives possible outside of barring players from creating characters to fix this issue, but rather then explore these options you’ve chosen to ruin my player experience in some kind of half **sed attempt to bandaid poor preperation/forethinking.

If player realms remain locked beyond a reasonable time frame to prepare myself for the WOLK release I will likely be opting to not renew my subscription to this game. I understand people are frustrated waiting in que for hours when they want to play… but in appeasing people who don’t want to wait to play, you’ve created an issue for people who want to play, and now don’t even have the option of waiting to do so.
Please revert these RIDICULOUS server locks and perhaps do an actual poll before implementing actions such as you have.

3 Likes

They don’t care. any prepare yourself cause an army of shills are gonna tell you how its all your fault you dont get to play with your friends.

Allow full guild transfers and people will be happier. Losing 10k worth of Guild Bank tabs is kind of a pain.

So this is BS. You’ve already removed Sulfuras as a transfer option prior to ending free transfers. I’m definitely not transferring now. Had I known it was going to be locked to transfers I would have gone last night, but I thought I had one more day. Can you guys do anything right?