Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

They’re too busy worrying about the social integrity of the game to worry about the company’s integrity lol

Nice way of protecting the social integrity of the game too Blizzard. Guilds being split up cus transfers are shut off, astronomically large queue times keeping people from playing with their friends, banning people for defending flags in BG’s, etc etc.

If we weren’t about to head into my favorite expansion, I’d unsub right this min.

1 Like

Some serious claims there sir or madam, YOu say Sulfuras is near capacity but I am looking at data that shows 1757 total players with 97.3% of them horde. Can you confirm or deny this? Also how many level 70, raid ready players are on this server?

Add cross realm!!! Or at least consider it. Would solve this issue and not require anyone to congregate on 1 server…

I think those of us on Bene, Faerlina, and Grobb would be more willing to move if this wasn’t some blind gamble. No one wants to end up the minority faction on a PVP realm with a 7:3 faction ratio or worse. Even 6:4 can feel a bit nasty. I’d feel more comfortable moving if there were frequently published stats about the number of level 70 characters of each faction on Eranikus.

2 Likes

I see you with these trolls in every post- why cant you understand that a LOT of people have been on these realms from day 1? Before they were “megaservers”?

Do you understand that a lot of people were dumped on Grobb? That it was RPPVP before these people were dumped there?

Grow up

2 Likes

Nearing capacity does not mean balance. If their cap is let’s say 15,000 players, the fact that 13,000 of them are horde doesn’t matter.

i would like to go to a new servers with my friends but i just transfered a week ago, there is a 90 day cooldown isnt it? so i cant play with my friends, no options right?

There is not a 90 CD if you took the free transfer. If you paid to transfer, then yes, you’re on CD for 90 days.

yeah i paid to go on grob, now im stuck there? sniff

Is it possible to have the devs give us daily updates on the server populations for the new servers like Eranikus? It would be brutal to transfer as alliance and have it be all horde, or vice versa especially seeing as they will get locked once full.

but they have the choice sit in queue and whine on the forms or take the hand out not a hard choice

or if FOR ONCE they controlled the faction move. Imagine that crazy idea… but that would be thinking outside of the tiny box they have so

It must be easy for someone like you that apparently has no friends and is incapable of understanding that “just xfer lol” is not a grown up reaction and solves nothing but the short term queue problem.

1 Like

I think an elegant solution would be to shut off transfers for a faction when they reach 60% of the share, and then re-enable the transfers when they drop down to 55%, or something of that nature. Continue to let people in, but only so long as some balance is maintained.

There are definitely a lot of ways of managing the transfer situation to prevent it from being a disaster.

i have no friends or guild on bene even if i did id be like sorry fellas i dont want queues

completely agree, and seeing as they have live stats it really isnt that hard to control for it. they could even see previous guild association to bend these rules a bit (without publishing it) to keep that to a minimum

again though they would never do this as it’s a different idea and they like to only recycle the same ones they have been using for over a decade so. sadly this wont occur

My apologies, @Kaivax, but since Aggrend declined to post in a forum where responses or questions could be asked of them directly I am making my query via this thread.

Aggrend made a couple of statements that have me concerned.
When these mega-realms started to emerge last year, we were concerned about their impact, but we were very hesitant to take heavy-handed action for fear of breaking up friend groups and restricting player freedom.
How is it “heavy-handed” to offer only faction-specific transfers to certain servers if you advise the players that you are concerned about realm heath and management? If you are concerned about breaking up friend groups and restricting player freedom why not provide the option of connected realms? I am not savvy with regard to the mechanics of that but I hear that you (Blizzard) are wanting to focus on the “Classic” player experience driven by building relationships but connections seem to provide the option of broadening those communities and, with pvp servers, a better sense of balance rather than isolated, single faction ones.

Free transfers have been very successful so far, but we need more folks to move.
There’s no technology solution to this. There is no hardware solution to this. This situation will not improve when Wrath of the Lich King Classic launches on September 26th, it will only get worse.
So if connections are not possible and more players need to move but not enough do so what then? Are we looking at either a sorry guys we can’t do anything else scenario or will involuntary migrations be in the future? Is that a possibility Blizzard is looking at?

Thank you for posting in your forum and I wish Blizzard’s own forum didn’t play second fiddle to Twitter.

1 Like

You make it easy to see why.

Ok go back to your bridge troll. Everyone spends $15 a month to play the game, that money should be used to help the players be able to play the game. Also I can’t do a free transfer because I have a character on the new fresh realm.

My guild transferred a few days before the servers were locked and I was waiting for arena rewards and now I’m separated from them for “many months” and my wrath launch experience is completely ruined now. I know there are many other people in similar situations to mine and simply telling us “oh thats a shame come back in a few months and you can play with your friends” is unacceptable. No solutions only excuses and I’ve cancelled both of my subs tonight as a result.

3 Likes