Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

The mega servers are containment zones. Leave them in their massive queues while everybody else gets to enjoy the game.

My buddy, who didn’t have a single character on Grob, was able to make a DK on Grob two days ago (after the supposed restrictions). Legit makes no sense. Shut down transfers but allow the one class everyone is making right now on any realm, even if you had no characters there before. Big brain thinking @Blizz for sure.

1 Like

We strongly encourage Blizzard to not mismanage Servers so badly causing the Que problems. We also strongly encourage Blizzard to come up with an actual solution to their problem they created. Since asking us to FREE transfer over and over again ruining our gaming experience that we pay MONTHLY for is completely unacceptable.

We strongly encourage Blizzard to give us FREE Subs till the Ques are fixed as well why they work on the issues.

3 Likes

So, as someone who plays on Grobb, my only options are to go to an EST or PvE server? Absolutely brilliant move Blizzard

2 Likes

If RDF existed in the game, the need for mega servers wouldn’t exist. Way to miss the mark, once again

3 Likes

Yea its kinda dumb. I posted on a diff char they should take all the low pvp realms and merge those. Same with pve
Instead they deleted them and had ppl pick where to go.

I transferred all my toons to old blanchy, and really kind of glad I did. No queue, plenty of people to play with and was running heroics for the past 2 days with no issues.

1 Like

I understand locking servers to prevent high-pop realms from becoming even more difficult to play on. However, I am wondering why with 6 level 70’s on Pagle, I cannot transfer in my horde warrior that was stuck on Old Blanchy following server migrations. Warrior was effectively a dead character until the announcement that faction change will be implemented in wrath. Can we not allow transfers to these destination realms so long as you have at least one max level character there already? Adding another alt to Pagle has no impact on server population.

Is there any update on being able to transfer to any of these servers? And why still allow people who don’t already play there the ability to create new characters but block people from transferring in? Seems counter productive at that point. Also is there going to be in the future the ability to transfer characters between your own accounts?

1 Like

A reasonable conclusion. Again, I’m not going to pretend to fully understand it, but maybe this is helpful:

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3A%40BrianBirming%20layer&src=typed_query&f=live

You think that players should be able to transfer to a server that already has a queue, then?

Kaivax! Long time no see!

Any chance we can get a few PvP or RPPvP servers in the Americas realms that are Fresh Servers, but also have Xfers (free from high pop and cost for low pop) realms so me and my buddies can pay or start new toons on a server that isn’t either dead or Queue’d up from the boot up?

1 Like

Yea no kidding, @Kaivax, can you be a homie and respond please?

Why unpin and stay quiet.

Also who thought the solution was to offer transfers to only one US West PVE server, and one US East PVP server? I know other people have mentioned it, but man, what a weird decision.

1 Like

More PvP fresh start servers please. One for OCE and one for SA. Thank you

Benediction has a 14k que after 12pm every day. I have two options for transfer: 1) go to Old Blanchy with it’s robust population of 300. OR 2) go to Sulfuras PVP where it’s 99:1 horde to alli and I’m alliance
something about this doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

Lol you also have to wait in q because you cant transfer with mail. Or wake up at 4 am to clear the mailbox. I agree though im Grobb Alliance and hell no im not going to Sulfurus. 2 Days ago I logged into that server and there were 4 ppl in the SW auction house while grobb has a 10k line.

2 Likes

Interesting how before ques even began this was already implemented. Every day the que increases around an hour on Benediction after there’s been confirmed thousands have moved. I que’d at 14500 at 6:15 Eastern, 6 hours. The fresh pvp servers in NA and EU also have ques. Layers have been capped on mega servers. The auction house has been throttled (confirmed intentional by Blizz) to a point where it no longer functions even without addons.

The fresh pve servers along with the destination realms have no que of course, that’s where blizzard WANTS us to play. When Sunwell released there were over 10 layers on Bene with zero ques. Now you expect me to believe the server has doubled, if not tripled, with the prepatch?

I don’t know what the goal is but if it’s to upset the playerbase, it’s working.

2 Likes

It’s wild! I just went and made a character on Old Blanchy just to see if anyone there could tell me if the population has increased or not. Someone else beat me to the question in trade and the only response was “here we go again
”. I’m not sure how to take that
LOL

60%+ of the population of those servers are just lvl 1-10’s scoping out the server and playing wow in any way they can because they know they wont make it through the q time that day.

2 Likes