Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

You unpinned both US and EU free character topics, are transfers closing? Gehennas, Thekal, Golemagg all still have queues on EU side.

1 Like

Blizzard has demonstrated they are incapable of managing healthy realm populations. Tons of mismanagement since name reservations pre-classic launch (They should have locked realms much sooner), and all the way to today.

In fact they make a ton of money allowing these problems to manifest. People spend $$$ using the Xfer Service. Or if they use the free xfer to a dead realm, they’ll make $$$ when they have to xfer off that dead realm later.

So I don’t think this will change.

But at this point (since they’ve already bastardized classic with changes), they might as well use modern sharding technology and ditch the importance of realms altogether. Your customers are paying for a product that they can’t use in a meaningful way (with their guild/friends that are already established together on a server).

Fix your crap blizzard.

2 Likes

TBC launch had 38 layers on Faerlina and minimal lag while a DDOS was occuring. No Queue.

Bene has 2-3 layers and a 5 hour queue. It’s artificial and players aren’t stupid enough to transfer to dead realms this time, because most of us have already had to pay 100+ dollars to xfer off of them.

6 Likes

can we scrap the whole server idea and make it like runescape? you could even limit the number of a faction per channel and make it so you can switch when ever you want to solve the imbalance problem. just make a layer menu in game that allows you to switch to w/e one you want…

2 Likes

Happy Labor Day! I hope everyone is enjoying their queue this afternoon.

We are coming up on a full week of 1.5 to 3+ hour queues for Grobbulus. At what point does it become appropriate to issue refunds or game time for the inconvenience?

Additionally, I have noted a great resurgence of players with roleplay add-ons popping up on Grobb. It has been a barren wasteland for roleplay for some time now, maybe if a new RPPvP realm were to become available for transfer it might get some traction… just saying!

1 Like

Yeah… We deserve some answers… Although I feel like we may already have them… :eyes:

Don’t fall for it. Double Down and stay on your servers. I would rather wait in queue than have my server die and have to paid transfer back so Bobby can get a Mega-yacht.

1 Like

Stock Value trending down for the quarter, Boddy needs to cash out. Come on everyone, transfer to these dead servers and have to transfer back when they die again so he can shine at the end of next quarter!

Such great work guys wow truly impressed with how much you’ll penetrate the fan base with no lube.

Unless you have friends on Whitemane your situation is way better than most.

The horde on Benediction have been asking for free transfers off for MONTHS and they haven’t been getting them. So this is an out for you. Sulfuras is growing as a server too and might be in an ok state, definitely better than Benediction horde.

The only part that sucks is Whitemane being blocked to transfers but otherwise, you’re in a much better position than you would have been with no queues.

we need infrastructure changes ASAP. players have shown over the years that they want to play on MEGA SERVERS like other MMORPGS have. Stuck in a nearly 4hr queue at the moment on Benediction. I’m not leaving, my guild is not leaving, we already did it before. Fix the servers, make layers, whatever you can, or refund game time because people cant play when they want.

1 Like

Looks like Blizzard owes me money! I already had to transfer off of Bigglesworth & now I can’t even play because you’re restricting where we can go! NOBODY wants to go from a balanced server to a DEAD server or a HORDE controlled server. That’s the only options you gave us on Grobbulus. I can’t even play the game without PAYING for a transfer somewhere I’d want to go, so, what’s the point in paying for the subscription? You guys owe me money!

3 Likes

How did you pay for transfers? You can’t until the transfers take place.

Look, if you want to get mad because you can’t transfer to Whitemane fine.

What I’m seeing in your case is someone being handed a free gift of a transfer from a 99% of the other faction server to a server with plenty of the same faction, something that others have been wanting for months, and throwing it back and screaming “Not good enough!” which looks nothing but entitled. I rarely defend Blizzard on transfer things but on this, that’s how it looks.

Hopefully, Whitemane gets open to transfer soon for you. You can roll on Whitemane right now (or boost if you want to give Blizzard money) as there are no restrictions on that and bring your current toons later.

Should be able to transfer back for free as well. Stupid that only choice for alliance is a horde controlled pvp server or a normal server, both of which will become next to unplayable after a few months time.

Sulfuras’ size already says full. Why open transfers from one full server to another?

If blizzard would stop making us pay for transfers period and leave transfers unlocked then sure I’d transfer, because once the server died which will happen I want to be able to transfer back. But since I know they will never do this, no thanks, I’d rather unsub and play something else for a while and know that when I come back the server will still be populated.

So you want US to fix the problem you guys havent dealt with by transfering to dead servers…best explanation ive heard so far was, Imagine if a new movie came out and netflix, hulu, HBO made you wait in a 6 hour que to watch it after paying a 15 dollar a month subscription. Youd be pissed. This isnt a viable solution what so ever, and yes we are pissed about it.

1 Like

Man, I gotta say. It really seems like Blizzard is flaunting their true colors in light of this population situation. To restrict thousands of paying customers from logging on as an incentive to push them off the server with the ultimatum ‘Stay here & suffer the outrageous que times or pay another 25$’ is far from discerning. Sure we can go to an unpopulated realm for free, but didn’t we all just pay to transfer OFF a dead faction realm? Why would we go back?
How about announcing that you’re changing these ridiculously imbalanced PvE oriented PvP servers into actual PvE servers & give the people who DONT want to be on a PvE server the chance to leave for free for a limited time to a server with ACTUAL WPvP. Some people just don’t know what they want & it seems like that has been the case in terms of realm selection. Perhaps add more clarity within the game regarding population numbers, what the difference between pvp/pve is, etc so people have more of an idea what to choose. Alot of players want to be on a dominate faction server, sure, that may be the case, but I’ve also come across players that don’t wpvp whatsoever on these pvp realms so why are they there? Some people have friends on the same server which may be a factor, but I feel like this is an option that is being overlooked.

1 Like

An unpopulated realm of 9k concurrent players

People stuck on dead servers would rather have queue times than not be able to do content. Waiting for them to work on spreading out the population does nothing for people who currently cannot play the game. Id rather wait on Faerlina for 3 hours to log in than to play on dead server.

1 Like