Trans Lives Matter!

Please don’t bad faith argue.

1. A “slippery slope fallacy”-argument isn’t a very good argument; if you allow X and then you have to allow Y isn’t a fair argument, at least not if X has to do with personal identification whereas Y has to do with a political belief
  2. They wouldn’t have to ditch anything, that’s just a ridiculous notion - Blizzard can add things from multiple different religious beliefs and have actually done so before, you not knowing that just shows how well it was implemented to be part of the game world rather than feel a step away from the WoW universe (heck, the entire MoP expansion was literally an expression of Taoism, as well as several other elements, and there are more examples of it outside of just MoP although I am not by any means an expert in religious studies so I can’t provide anything better than the obvious example of MoP, but I am aware there are other examples)
  3. There’s a political argument of “the private is political” and, I’m sorry but it is - representation in places that are ‘private’ (games, movies, media in general) is hugely important but with that said …
  4. … my final point was that you have to make it fit - I made the suggestion that it is a worthwhile thing to consider but to do so through non-blatant ways; how about expanding guild tabard’s colour selections, how about allowing personalized ‘guild’ tabards (edit, for I forgot to say this:) without requiring to be in a guild (something solo players also would enjoy I imagine), how about adding faction or cosmetic tabards with emblems and colour schemes that are designed in accordance to the various different pride-flags
    There’s a lot of ways to make it fit into the world in ways that folks would be happy with since it adds a pride ‘flag’ to the game, without battering folks over the head with it

And I’m sorry but to your final point about “40s German Symbols” messing up pride events in game … that already happens, not a lot, but it does - happens way more frequently on these forums though I gotta say, but it does happen in game as well, but it takes a lot more to try to explain it since online radicalization is … weird to say the least (if you are interested in this and not easily depressed, reading up about Gamergate shows just how bizarre and weird some aspects of online radicalization is)

1 Like

Sure, but this is a MMO - social interaction means everything associated with social aspects, including questions regarding identification and other social questions
So… there’s not much to ‘beat’ here

Considering games have always been used as a way to create social commentary, including singleplayer games that can be beaten as well… going back just means accepting that these are valid questions

Unless all you wanna do is play solitaire on an old windows 95 computer I guess

Crap it’s Sunday that means work tomorrow thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

Monday comes for us all.
cackles and twitches ears

1 Like

Very cool idea! Trans pride worldwide!

Nahhh this post will get up to 500-1k as everybody takes the bait.

1 Like

Only because people are bored.

1 Like

There are a lot of people with popcorn waiting to be entertained and it doesn’t seem like anyone is willing to take the bait and be the entertainment. I guess I’ll do it…

10 Likes

You have the best name in the history of WoW! Bravo!

2 Likes

twitches ears

1 Like

Yes trains lives matter

3 Likes

Transmog matters.

7 Likes

I have never agreed with the statement “all lives matter.” I think most people have a list of certain types of people whose lives don’t matter to them. I have a long list, and the people on it are the ones who try to judge or control others.

I don’t think any authoritarian lives matter at all.

So, “All Lives Matter” simply does not work for me, as it rings false.

The life of my enemy is not something I care to preserve.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Kitty!

1 Like

How about this compromise:

“All Cats Matter.”

6 Likes

2 Likes

Ima pet that kitty and give it catnip.

Wait and see.