Traditional or non traditional Thanksgiving?

/sticks finger in pie slowly

1 Like

There is no plum so you’re automatically denied “Good Boy” status.

2 Likes

Nice thing about being the cool aunt - now that we’ve had dinner and dessert, the crew of kiddos decorate the inside of my house for me. Keeps them entertained while their parents sneak off to do some holiday shopping tonight, tomorrow and Saturday. All I gotta do is string the lights outside.

:christmas_tree: :snowman_with_snow: :santa:

3 Likes

This year I had a non-traditional Thanksgiving cause I saw a little girl on Twitter with a turkey and the creature looks too gentle to eat.

But usually I have a traditional one.

1 Like

My sisters kids are of the ages of “playing Uncle Ravi’s Playstation” and “Wanting to play what Uncle Ravi is playing” sadly her family moved down to Argentina for a few years due to brother in laws work but he’s got an ancient WoW account he could probably dust off for his kids not to mention they have like 3 Xbox’s and a Nintendo switch so I think they’re alright. But man do I miss showing them the ropes of pet battling or running around on mounts for no reason than to have fun.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Took you a while! I was expecting it but not prepared for it at the same time. ROFL

1 Like

having thanksgiving.

1 Like

A reasonable and very valid excuse!

1 Like

We’re mean humans and implement a no electronics allowed rule for anyone under 16 for our family holidays. If kiddos wanna play something, they have to learn the age old art of breaking out board games and taking turns. With the caveat we don’t allow Monopoly, because that always ends in tears, so that is banned lol.

But anything that keeps them happy and preoccuppied works. They’re trying to talk me into letting them string popcorn this year for our tree, but I have two dogs and the last thing I need is a doggo with a bowel obstruction over the holidays. The I’m a mean cool aunt protest has begun lol.

2 Likes

I made a Turducken with creole sausage/cornbread stuffing (and a bunch of sides).

It was yummy. I am now trying not to burst.

:cookie:

4 Likes

Just a random store-brand ham over here

Nothing special, had the usual sides like mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc

The good news is I have plenty of leftover ham I can eat over the next few days

I over cooked the ham by accident. :frowning:

1 Like

Taiwanese thanksgiving of course!

1 Like

Non-traditional.

Dad makes homemade lasagna with garlic bread, salads, and maybe (store bought) ice cream for desert. It’s a family tradition but we’re not Italian or anything. And to top it all off, we’re doing it tomorrow.

2 Likes

so you made anakin skywalker flavored ham?

3 Likes

I think it was a flavour designed by Anakin Skywalker… or the recipe the actor uses… whatever level of immersion you wanna be in right now.

OMG that made me LOL!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Found the Canadian…

When my sister and her family were here before they moved to Argentina we had a big turkey (not thanksgiving) that my dad decided to inject with creole butter. We had quite a few people over and the turkey was big enough to feed us all. We decided to fry it in a big ol vat.

Somewhere (here), somehow (big talk = much distraction), someone (dad) lost track of the time the turkey had by cooking. There was… not much edibleness to whatever came out of the vat and we all had to shut up and eat what we could to not upset my dad.

2 Likes