Traditional or non traditional Thanksgiving?

5 Likes

lol yes exactly

1 Like

Very traditional. The usual items are the usual for a reason. Turkey, ham (just do both), mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, dinner rolls (biscuits are an acceptable substitute for rolls but canā€™t be used to mop up gravy and mashed potato remnants), cranberry sauce, baked macaroni and cheese with breadcrumbs, green bean casserole with the fried onion straws, and some leafy greens on the side to help flush out all the meat and starch afterward.

For dessert, apple pie, pecan pie, gingerbread cookies (itā€™s close enough to Christmas to have a reasonable supply of gingerbread plus they are delectable), and vanilla ice cream either by itself or with a pie.

I didnā€™t feel like baking a turkey this year so we had lamb shepherds pie, asparagus, mushroom/zucchiniā€™s, baked beans, salad, and rolls. All homemade. Plus pies and cookies!

1 Like

Well, bit of an update of sorts, but while I planned on just having rice and some cooked meat I normally do. My brother gave me a call and said ā€œI got ya buddy.ā€. To which apparently he brought me home a big plate of a Thanksgiving feast with Turkey, mashed potatoā€™s, green beans, and more.

Not what I expected from today, but a surprise that warmed the heart for sure.

5 Likes

Hamburger and greens with pepper, garlic and onion.

Followed with a mango popsicle and now coffee with shredded wheat.

Canā€™t do turkey day dinner. Cow milk makes my gut upset.