Traditional or non traditional Thanksgiving?

Do you do traditional or non traditional Thansgiving? And what are you making?

Turkey, home made stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, peas, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, dinner rolls, and more pie than I can shake a stick at.

7 Likes

Turkey, stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and cranberries.

Then there is pumpkin pie and apple crisp for dessert.

I’m already stuffed though. I feel like that turkey. Gonna have to wait for dessert.

1 Like

Turkey breast is in the oven now. Mashed tatas, gravy and california blend veggies. That’s it. Oh and stuffing will go in the oven in about an hour.

Hubby got 2 pies from some fancy shmancy bakery in the city as a Thanksgiving Gift from work.

Only bought turkey because at the time of me buying it, it was cheaper to buy a 4,5lb turkey breast than it was to buy a chicken of the same weight :roll_eyes:

Don’t particularly care about Thanksgiving in itself, but it’s an excuse to make a roast on a Thursday!

I guess it’s non-traditional here, since I don’t make much with carbs (in other words, all the good stuff is the stuff I don’t make any longer—mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, bread stuffing, dinner rolls, :frowning: ). Still have turkey, with a cauliflower stuffing, veggies that are cooked with the turkey, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. I miss my carbs. :sob:

3 Likes

Traditional, but… Trying rattlesnake this year just because I had to dispatch a couple this week. Just a side experiment, and want to know if my neighbor is just messing with me over a recipe.

Oh, yeah, and I got 12 cases of crescent rolls I have to work through. So far I have made 50.

2 Likes

Traditional

This sounds like a lot, bit we host about 30 family members & neighbors & friends drop in too. Thanksgiving at our house goes from Thurs. - Saturday. Peeps come in all weekend after decorating for Christmas or Black Friday shopping to get some grub:

Appetizers
Smoked Salmon
Crab cakes
Relish plate & fruit tray
Deviled eggs
Butternut squash soup
Chicken soup
Bbq smoked brisket bites
Teriyaki chicken skewers
Veggie platter
Liverwurst ball w/ crackers
Hummus

Main course
Turkey
Ham
Polish sausage & sauerkraut
Stuffing
Home made egg noodles
Green bean casserole
Cranberry sauce
Shrimp mac salad
7 layer salad
Mashed turnip
Spaghetti Squash
Tuna boats
Mashed potatoes w/gravy
Loaded baked sweet potatoes
Sauted sweet peppers & italian sausage
Shrimp alfredo
Buttermilk biscuits, croissants

Dessert
Pies - apple, lemon meringue, pumpkin, pecan
Other stuff
Cream cheese squares, apple snickers salad, eclairs, brownies, chocolate lava cake, usually 2 jello molds one with fruit, one mixed with coolwhip and crushed pineapple.

We have 3 fridges stocked to the gills. Thank goodness it’s cold enough out that the beer just chills naturally in the garage. :cold_face: :beer: :cold_face:

11 Likes

Idk what the difference is between the two.

But we are gonna have some ham later today. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ham sounds fairly traditional, though Christmas Ham is more common my family always had Ham for Thanksgiving too.

My friend is having some Non-traditional stuff: Smoked Brisket, Red beans Rice, Sausage , Chinese foods etc

I am making green bean casserole, mac and cheese, garlic mashed taters, rolls, and a chicken+stuffing. Don’t feel like doing a Turkey this year

1 Like

I’m having nothing out of the ordinary for my Thanksgiving.

Oh hush now, seriously, you just reminded me how close Christmas actually is.

1 Like

Southern.

Turkey, ham, macaroni and cheese casserole that’s still called macaroni and cheese, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, dressing, giblet gravy, sweet potato pie, sweet potato casserole, optional chitlins brought by that one relative that loves chitlins, sweet peas, green beans, green bean casserole and dinner rolls.

1 Like

Buckle up, everyone!

Why Thanksgiving is Brewa’s Least-Favorite Holiday

• Turkey - allergic to it
  • Sweet Potatoes - hate 'em
  • Pumpkin Pie - hate it
  • Cranberry Sauce - hate it
  • Corn - allergic to it

Mashed potatoes and stuffing are okay. And various green vegetables.

But overall, traditional thanksgiving is just a collection of foods I absolutely loathe, or make me sick.

I usually spend Thanksgiving by myself, catching up on sleep and gaming. And such it will be today.

I have smoked salmon, fresh raspberries, and gouda cheese for later today. I’ll be living like a king.

1 Like

Thanksgiving, that was weeks ago. Second Monday in October.

/glares at while holding a whole cooked turkey
How dare…

1 Like

Yay ham!

On the rare occasion I do go to a traditional Thanksgiving, I just nibble at a few things. I have been asked from time to time what an actual Thanksgiving I would enjoy is. Ham, apple pie, etc. Done it a few times.

Traditional! You will be more stuffed than the turkey if you come to my house and try a little of everything.

I’m from Canada so we had ours earlier and honestly… I don’t have any family outside my Parents here so we’ve never went crazy on the food.

I usually did a smaller turkey, some salad, mashed potatoes and the cranberry jelly.
Gravy on the turkey and that’s really it.

1 Like

We’re having a pretty traditional Thanksgiving this year! :slight_smile:

Tonight’s feast includes:

• Turkey (stuffed with herbs, onions, and apples)
  • Bread stuffing w/sage sausage
  • Green bean casserole
  • Soda biscuits w/butter
  • Homemade cranberry sauce w/orange zest
  • Herb mashed potatoes w/gravy
  • Dutch apple pie
  • Pumpkin pie
6 Likes

When people here say “Mashed potatoes and gravy”… brown or white gravy?

1 Like

Sure your not a halfling?
You’d be serving 2nd breakfast with supper soon.

1 Like