Traditional or non traditional Thanksgiving?

I have some chicken so I may cook that.

I’ve been making some homemade cat food out of some stuff so probably fix the chicken when I make the ham. No the cats are not getting the ham! They are getting the chicken :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I made some special chicken for my kitty cat. She gonna eat with me!

2 Likes

It’s basically spam with more spices.

1 Like

I don’t celebrate Thanksgiving anymore, but I still try to spread the cheer for those that do. That being said, I just got my trusty rice and steak with some peach tea for this years dinner.

(Sips :beer:)

2 Likes

Little bit of chicken with a little bit of pure pumpkin (if they like it) is a good little treat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m all alone, so it’s just a small ham steak, some premade loaded mashed potatoes, a small topping of fried onions, some Martinellii’s sparkling cider, and a slice of apple pie.

4 Likes

i want Mac and cheese and stuffing so bad

1 Like

Dolly Parton singing Queen at the Cowboys halftime show

3 Likes

beef gravy is best imho!

1 Like

just gonna eat turkey and mashed potatoes at tthe group home i live in. i will go to my dad and stepmoms tomorrow for leftovers of their thanksgiving i felt too bad to go.

chrisnp/gotnov

2 Likes

I usually do a more traditional thanksgiving and non traditional christmas dinner.

1 Like

My family doesn’t do thanksgiving or christmas stuff anymore (to expensive or people work), but usually (when we do have it) it’s traditional. A big turkey with a lot of sides. But we do twists on the sides sometimes. Instead of regular rolls, we do Hawaiian rolls. Instead of mac and cheese, we sometimes do a southern style mac and cheese. Instead of reg mashed potatoes, we do red mashed potatoes with garlic and parsley. Only some sides we do traditionally. I mean you can’t really change cranberry sauce. And can’t change green bean casserole either unless you want it to taste weird

1 Like

Give’th thy ham.

1 Like

We’re a Cuban-American family. Some years we do traditional Cuban with Ropa Vieja and Yucca and Mojo, and some years we do traditional American with Turkey or Ham and all the “regular” Thanksgiving fixings. Since our family get-togethers have gotten much smaller over the years (we used to be 30 ppl for holiday dinners, now we’re just 6-8), my sister ordered dinner from the “Tree Hugger” store close to them. It was all the “regular” American Thanksgiving dinner fixings and was so good, I asked her to order it with an extra dish of meat to bring up to my house for our Noche Buena Christmas Dinner! Although, I did spend all day yesterday making homemade stuffing and brown gravy. One to bring with me for Thanksgiving, and another one to freeze until Christmas.

I made a “Not your typical” Fudge Pecan Pie called Green Parrot Fudge Pecan Pie.

It was a Fudge Pecan Recipe made by a lil Mom & Pop Shop that used to be here in Texas. Pretty sure they still exist somewhere but in Texas they closed down ages ago.

6 Likes

Pecans and Fudge sounds absolutely heavenly to me!!

Indulge yourself then my friend! But what the recipe doesn’t tell you is to FROTH the eggs for about 15 minutes before you add the things they tell you to.

1 Like

Thank you for that insider tip! Will do. And thank you so much for that recipe link!! :heart_eyes: :yum:

1 Like

Congratulations, I am now wanting pie. Dammit. (Joking, but I really want one now.)

2 Likes

You at my pie:

2 Likes