Trade Chat is Incredibly Toxic Tonight

Yup. Wanna know the people who have real privilege? Just look at those you’re not allowed to criticize.

6 Likes

kinda of like the people on here using a slur for a specific sexuality?

Nothing get done to them, even if reported.

Different rules for different classes of people

6 Likes

It is a skill that people should have learned as children. If they didn’t learn that skill, they’ll have to learn that childlike skill when they’re an adult.

3 Likes

From Wikipedia:

At least eight mass murders, resulting in a total of 61 deaths, have been committed since 2014 by men who have either self-identified as incels or who had mentioned incel-related names and writings in their private writings or Internet postings. Incel communities have been criticized by researchers and the media for being misogynistic, encouraging violence, spreading extremist views, and radicalizing their members. Beginning in 2018, the incel ideology has increasingly been described as a terrorist threat, and a February 2020 attack in Toronto, Canada became the first instance of allegedly incel-related violence to be prosecuted as an act of terrorism.

What does this have to do with the wow social contract?

1 Like

It is still disrespectful to tell those who are being decent that they should toe the line or else. Players should be allowed to resolve their own issues in the game without big brother looking over their shoulder.

5 Likes

So what I read here is that people that are the lowest rung of civilization and are bullied worse every single day from both straight and LGBTQ+ communities might break and do bad things?

All I see is you proving my point that that sexuality is the single most oppressed in the US. the rest of LGBTQ+ or even MaPs are treated much better…

1 Like

“Big Brother” is the government. This is a private company. Being able to play a game online is a privilege, not a right.

2 Likes

The Social Contract would’ve probably been much better received if it was only required for those coming off a punishment or warning.

I always find the ignore button does all the work I’d need no need for a contract, even if it was a guild member who continued to act bad I’d use an ignore rather than report , then if other guild members were ok with person they could continue to listen, id always speak to Guild Leader beforehand because some people get really narked when ignored even after being told why it was going to happen, but that’s just me. But if more people used ignore then no need for Social contract , just a longer ignored player list lol

2 Likes

It is not directed at those who are behaving decently. If I told everyone to wear a seatbelt, it isn’t disrespectful to those who are already wearing seatbelts in the vehicle. It is said so that those who aren’t wearing seatbelts can put on their seatbelts. If you feel disrespected by being asked to follow the terms of the game, then I’m not sure what else to tell you. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

You think incels (who call themselves that, by the way) are the lowest rung of society? :joy: And now you’re equating LGBTQ people with pedophiles? Wow. Flagged.

True, but in WoW, Blizzard is effectively the governing body overlooking the operation and running of the game. It is fitting to refer to them in this sense.

2 Likes

It’s childish, is what it is. You’re throwing a tantrum over being expected to behave like a halfway decent human being.

Most of the WoW community is toxic.

2 Likes

LOL learn to read. Why do you think I listed them separately?

Going for the tribal attack assuming I am not in your tribe.

Yes I do. Take any content and they are treated worse than anyone else. I feel sorry for those people.

BTW I flag anyone that uses that term I see. its a slur. It doesnt matter if they call themselves that - several African Americans call themselves the N word and its still a slur.

3 Likes

You’d think people would leave WoW if they found it so toxic and awful.

5 Likes

You don’t die from mean comments in a video game. You can die from not wearing a seatbelt in a car crash, which is why we wear them. This is a bad comparison because there is little to no risk of harm from toxic or mean spirited behavior in a video game.

4 Likes

Yet you are just as toxic and you cant see it

6 Likes

“Behave the way we demand or else”

3 Likes