Trade Chat is Incredibly Toxic Tonight

I don’t mean the typical Biden vs. Trump banter.

I mean full-fledged it’s-beyond-obvious-that-people-are-protesting-the-social-contract

The Social Contract appears to be having the opposite of its intended effect. Yeesh.

22 Likes

Well, its not surprising. Some trolls are upset they are gonna get clamped, and some people are worried they will be censored and that trolls will take advantage of the system and report them willy nilly claiming offense. its a very complex and flawed system if not consistently backed up by CS and GMs. And with all the automation, its not looking promising.

The issue here is people are afraid they are gonna be banned or suspended for minor things, and ideally, thats not what would happen, but trolls, and jerks will use a method to bother people, if they can. And they have one, they can claim they are offended or disrupted by something. Even if its not true and you are vindicated you end up dealing with alot of trouble. The list of dos, and don’ts, has said to be vague and up to interpretation based on the situation and is heavily able to be swayed or biased. Yes there is alot of controversy to this, but as the saying goes, where there is smoke, there’s fire.

29 Likes

Turn it off and let them be stupid.

15 Likes

Good, that social contract is just a farce.

28 Likes

probably because no one asked for a lame social contract that attempts to force people to talk a certain way. i’m glad no one gives a crap in trade, and everyone keeps cussing and i love it. blizzard will not control the way people talk in games.

Blizzard likes to think they can control everything and have all the power they want. Wrong.

45 Likes

I see this thread getting locked very, VERY soon…

3 Likes

A digital page telling you not to be racist and gamers lose their minds

55 Likes

yeah they’re being edgelords again

5 Likes

Isn’t there just a way to turn off Trade Chat? I mean, I do not pay attention since most of those communication channels are nearly useless. I belong to a good guild and communities that I choose, that is what keeps me coming back to this game.

social contracts are just social constructs, they aint even real man! it’s just made up! it aint even nothing!

4 Likes

Blizz won’t enforce it anyway so idk what the problem is.

4 Likes

That is until they start enforcing it… Like all the other rules they ignore, no one pays attention until they drop the hammer.

2 Likes

Just a bunch of people who can’t act like decent human beings to one another once they are removed then the game will be in a better place.

9 Likes

they have been enforcing it for a long time… say one wrong thing and you’re suspended or squelched at the very least almost instantly.

4 Likes

I mean the internet will be the internet, people like to say whatever is on their mind without any filters and the internet for the most part allows em.

1 Like

Ah wow…immature player base remains…immature. Stop the presses.

3 Likes

all my chat is turned off so i dont see it…lol.

4 Likes

i turn trade and general on when i need to but i keep it off so i don’t see it =P

1 Like

the kids and trolls will get bored in a few days and turn their attention to something else. just ignore it and ride it out.

5 Likes

I mean… sounds like people who are gonna get banned for whatever they’re saying, and not be seen again.

/leave 2
1 Like