Trade Chat is Incredibly Toxic Tonight

The game (and the forums, for that matter) are Blizzard’s front porch. You can tell people to get off your porch if you don’t like what they’re doing. If they tell you to leave (punish you) for not being courteous (breaking their rules), you can go be rude elsewhere.

Like the song says, “You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here.”

5 Likes

The idea of “hate speech” is especially a “threat” to those who regularly use it to abuse and harass other people they, like, hate for being who or what they are.

I’ve never seen so many people come out in favor of the use of hate speech since the title of the terms of service was changed to “social contract” which would suggest we’re all part of society, which certainly appears to be something you do not believe to be true about yourself.

5 Likes

I think some people are gonna test the waters and see if they can still get away with what they used to. if they get a temp ban they might say “Hmm… ok, maybe I gotta chill a bit”

Some people have to be forced to be nice or they just wont.

2 Likes

All praise the octopi overlords. May their tentacles bless us all.

wiggles toes

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips on reporting offenders. I’d love to except “WORLDSTAR SERVER DOWN” almost all night.

Internets gonna internet

So basically, one could troll the trolls by using the social contract as the bait.

Obviously! The Social censorship Contract alienates a majority in order to protect a subset of the minority and has nothing to do with fairness or equality whatsoever.

Now with Broad and vague made up label as “Hatespeech” is listed in this contract anything and everything is bannable.

13 Likes

Who could have ever seen this coming!?!

Shocked. SHOCKED!

WELL NOT THAT SHOCKED.

3 Likes

People who dont know about the TOS are venting. That stuff has been there for a while.

3 Likes

when the minority demand the majority fall into their views ya ppl get peeved

6 Likes

I didn’t even read it. Too big of a hurry to open my vault.

This game bans or silences me and I’ll play something else. Not scared at all really

2 Likes

Not a fan of trade chat since cataclysm. Think I’ve used Trade only once in Shadowlands, and that was to find a LW to craft 291 lego.

1 Like

People still have to be manually reported in order for there to be action, a Blizzard GM isn’t gonna descend from the heavens like Radahn because someone said a swear word.

1 Like

Contract just reiterates existing rules/ToS or whatever. There’s nothing new in it. It’s just a plain English document instead of a legalese document.

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to the flood of players whining about silences/suspensions and being banned for running their mouths.

I already got a couple of these tonight…

2 Likes

I dont believe that this Contract is about saying curse words or having adult conversations.

In fact, Im sure of it because I just read it again.

It’s not even a “contract” at all.

Its simply a pop-up that you agree to read that merely suggests players to not be a jerk face to other players.

It’s not overly complicated in its language and certainly not “trying to control everything”.

I mean, really "dont use hate speech or “dont issue physical threats” should just be common decency…but, sadly it’s not.

However, I for one agree, we shouldn’t act like tools to one another, especially with cross faction here.

6 Likes

shockedpikachu.gif

2 Likes

:+1: Agreed.

2 Likes

Eh, I don’t pay attention to the chat anyway unless I have something specific to say. Even if I see somebody say something offensive, it’s not worth engaging. These individuals are looking for a reaction from other players, but I won’t be the one to give it to them. I’d much rather just focus on playing the game. Got a new alt I’m leveling up, so unless I go into the city, chat is pretty quiet anyway.